Another First Grow Thread!

• Thread starter DarkHelmet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks!
Great points for sure, I am aware of most and have a decent air flow setup in place.
The problem i think lies with when the WPM showed up - at the beginning before the tent was setup with circ air - i thought i had it under control then but probably didn't and it just kept coming back / spreading under certain conditions. I only had a tower fan intially for air circ, the oscillator broke so i added the other oscillating fan 3 weeks ago and put the tower fan in a position where it was more effective without the oscillation.
Daytime humidity is around 45%
Night Time is around 52%, i dont think ill be able to get it lower until the cooler winter months.
1 4'' inline fan @ 230CFM kept at full speed.
Upgrading to a 6'' 500 CFM variable speed with a temperature & humidity controller is being used once the 2nd tent is in use.
I have 1 tower fan suspended side ways for the top sections of the plant in the tent right now and 16'' oscillating fan on the lower sections of plant. lots of air flow in this tent. Air changes are up there as well with the 4'' fan and will be increasing greatly once the 6'' is in place.

Foliars - im assuming this refers to the spray / mist ive been applying. Why is it suggested to stay away from them? with the white wash being water I felt comfortable as i wasnt introducing anything its not getting already...
Unless spraying to treat PM or bugs or other. I feel it puts the humidity way up on the leaves and the climate around them so while the humidity is say 50% around the leaf it's more like 90%. Any thing film of water on the leaf is a nice home to bacteria and fungi.

Of course when treating the plant it's necassary. Something like a potassium silicate will be ok and maybe beneficial as it will raise the ph of the leaf surface to make it unfavorable for bacteria and fungi. But if just spraying water on em I think there is more risk than anything.

It depends on the foliar used and what it's for. But imo only use foliars when there is a reason.

strider26554

strider26554

HAH! Thanks!
I'm proud of my planter box!
Used tongue and groove pine flooring (left over a previous project) and pine 4X4's for corners, all untreated wood. The inside is lined with vapour barrier to stop seeping (and maybe help prevent premature rot through the sides but that is yet to be determined).
After the box was built, I got fabric pots for inside and realized fabric pots could be used outdoors (doh!) and allows you to move the plants around to better sunlight or out of sunlight - next summer the plan is to use 15gal or 20gal fabric pots instead of the planter box.
20 gal fabric pots to move around???lol are you bruce banner??? I struggle with moving around 8 gal buckets with my soil mix and 60" plant swaying around...just askin..lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom