another hydroton question

• Thread starter sinsimilla69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sinsimilla69

im sure this is around somewhere but my eyes are takin a beatin tryin to find the cause of my elusive nute def al damm day lol...i know it depends on the plants somewhat but what is the recomended irrigation cycle for hydroton? im runnin 1/2 hr on 3 hrs off round the clock and think i may possibly be overwaterin...im startin to hate hydroton ...rw was so much easier aside from shitty ph issues 10 mins once a day and i was good ...now i got a cluster of probs with learnin a new system and its drivin me nuts...plants are in 6" orchid cups in 2'rw cubes..bout 3 1/2 weeks into veg ...i def dont need these probs so soon in the grow

R

Rolln J

you flooding or top feeding? you may be over watering - if your flooding your definitely over watering as the whole flood/drain should only last 10 minutes from the time water starts coming in til it drains. when I first put my plants in (im new at dog kibble growing too) I only watered them about 4 times a day til the took off - then i bumped it to 7.

S

sinsimilla69

yeah it top fed ...i was runniin flood and drain w rw..this hydroton seems like way more of a pain in the ass at the moment

R

Rolln J

can you post pics of your plants?

only 6 inch pots? mine are in gallon bags - which I thought was a bit small - but had no problem getting my sour grapes to over 3 feet in under 2 weeks (only 1 week veg)

its really hard for me to guess whats going on - but if your low leaves look droopy and sad and some of the smaller newer ones look like claws then Id say they are over watered. try cutting down the frequency to every 4 hours when the lights are on and every 5-6 while they are off.

S

sinsimilla69

got it all figured out now nutes were outta wack bad think i used too much ph down and locked out my nutes drained it cleaned the whole system and started w fresh nutes and that seems to have done it ph stable with minimal adjustment and plants already starting to look better after 8 hrs or so

G

greenplanetguru

All I gotta say is DON'T step on any hydroton with bare feet! :sick0018:

R

redeyechiller

im sure this is around somewhere but my eyes are takin a beatin tryin to find the cause of my elusive nute def al damm day lol...i know it depends on the plants somewhat but what is the recomended irrigation cycle for hydroton? im runnin 1/2 hr on 3 hrs off round the clock and think i may possibly be overwaterin...im startin to hate hydroton ...rw was so much easier aside from shitty ph issues 10 mins once a day and i was good ...now i got a cluster of probs with learnin a new system and its drivin me nuts...plants are in 6" orchid cups in 2'rw cubes..bout 3 1/2 weeks into veg ...i def dont need these probs so soon in the grow

We are on a 18/6 lite schedule with sort of the same set up. Our watering time is on a 4-6-6 hr int. for 15 minutes on for feeding through a drip system. On at 10, then 4, then fin. 10pm. Plants are doing very well and things are good! Knock on wood!!!
Check your running water time?

R.E.C.

G

Gregers

I thought it wasnt good to water at night because the plants dont take up the nutes.?.

Top Bottom