Another Newbie On Another Forum

• Thread starter BayouMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BayouMan

BayouMan

Good day all. I’m looking forward to some good advice here. Some other forums aren’t very “patient”, so figured I try another. I’m an old guy, retired military and this is my 1st real grow. I say 1st grow, lol… back in the 70s we’d grow some plants from seeds out of a $35 oz of cheap Colombian and harvest and smoke every bit of it. I read up quite a bit and now with all the resources at hand, I’m 96 days into the current grow and I flipped them July 4th. They are in FF Happy Frog/perlite in 5-gal grow bags, in a 2x4x60” tent, under three Vivosun VS-1000 full spectrum LEDs, fans, etc. Using FF trio (at 1/3 - 1/2 strength) with Cal-Mag added. I built the scrog and I think they are going to max out the tent. I figure on a mid Sep harvest. Whatcha think??

Another newbie on another forum
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Mudcrutch Did a song called, lover of the Bayou. Hadn’t heard it for a very long time. Thanks for reminding me of it. L O L

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Good day all. I’m looking forward to some good advice here. Some other forums aren’t very “patient”, so figured I try another. I’m an old guy, retired military and this is my 1st real grow. I say 1st grow, lol… back in the 70s we’d grow some plants from seeds out of a $35 oz of cheap Colombian and harvest and smoke every bit of it. I read up quite a bit and now with all the resources at hand, I’m 96 days into the current grow and I flipped them July 4th. They are in FF Happy Frog/perlite in 5-gal grow bags, in a 2x4x60” tent, under three Vivosun VS-1000 full spectrum LEDs, fans, etc. Using FF trio (at 1/3 - 1/2 strength) with Cal-Mag added. I built the scrog and I think they are going to max out the tent. I figure on a mid Sep harvest. Whatcha think??

You're likely to have more plants than your tent can handle by the looks of it.

The grow is looking great. Carry on !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the farm, full of great and patient growers who are also very helpful, respectful and enjoy learning from one another.

Dont think it will take you long to see how great this community is and thats not just a line. The members of this forum are truly what makes this place so great.

BayouMan

BayouMan

Great example of what you can accomplish if you just take the time to read and bone up on the subject. If that is the case here.
Yea, I got tired of waiting months or years for a trip across the country to pick up some smoke. So, the wife planted some seeds from our last bag and I started researching and procuring the equipment.

I realized today that the center plant is a different strain from the outer two. Also noticed one of them sagging a bit from what I think is a need for water. I guess as they develope in the flower mode they drink up a bit quicker.

91BDC18F E99F 4F44 B95F AC84DB1A60B2
Neueregel

Neueregel

Yea, I got tired of waiting months or years for a trip across the country to pick up some smoke. So, the wife planted some seeds from our last bag and I started researching and procuring the equipment.

I realized today that the center plant is a different strain from the outer two. Also noticed one of them sagging a bit from what I think is a need for water. I guess as they develope in the flower mode they drink up a bit quicker.
here's a pic of mine. i am not sure if they need grooming. i think it does need it but don't want to pull off a good leaf.

20220704 211139
20220703 150534
20220703 150540
BayouMan

BayouMan

here's a pic of mine. i am not sure if they need grooming. i think it does need it but don't want to pull off a good leaf.
I’m not vastly experienced, but I used binder clips and pipe-cleaners (found in the crafts Dept at Hobby Lobby) and tied down the main branches to the perimeter of the pots to spread out the plant. Then it just sort of grew into the scrog frame/net I built and then I began removing the original tie downs and just weaving the grow tips into the grid of the scrog. There are some awesome scrog and low stress training (LST) tutorials on the you tube. I can send a link if you like.
Rock on brother.

Oh, and I only began removing leafs after the scrog was mostly full and only those from beneath the canopy.

Neueregel

Neueregel

I’m not vastly experienced, but I used binder clips and pipe-cleaners (found in the crafts Dept at Hobby Lobby) and tied down the main branches to the perimeter of the pots to spread out the plant. Then it just sort of grew into the scrog frame/net I built and then I began removing the original tie downs and just weaving the grow tips into the grid of the scrog. There are some awesome scrog and low stress training (LST) tutorials on the you tube. I can send a link if you like.
Rock on brother.
hey that would be awesome. i have been on YT and tried doing the LST and snapped one of my branches. i taped it up and it seems to be doing ok so far. I have a scrog net coming UPS.

Last edited:
BayouMan

BayouMan

hey that would be awesome. i have been on YT and tried doing the LST and snapped one of my branches. i taped it up and it seems to be doing ok so far. I have a scrog net coming UPS.
Hope these links work. Might have to copy and paste into a browser.

Scrog video 1

Scrog video 2

Topping/fimming

Top Bottom