Another Old Hippie

• Thread starter totamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
totamus

totamus

Been smoking since the 60s and have had couple grows 10 years ago with decent results. I started growing in my garage about a year ago and have kept 5-10 plants going since then.

I enjoy DIY and find tending the plants to be very thereputic. I have been using lights with samsung 301 diodes and meanwell drivers (bestva). So far my main seed supplier has been ilgm. I have had good results with them.

I started in soil and am now doing a wick system (duoponics?, subirrigation?). I use a 6" block of rockwool as a wick in a 3 gal bucket and 5gal for resevoir. I am interested in learning and trying different methods. Growing in soil is good but i am hoping to eliminate variabilty in ph, EC, and moisture to get more consistant results.

I started with the Fox Farm trio nutrients but for the wick am trying general hydro.

Over the last year, I have gone from an average an oz per plant to 4-5 ozs per plant so I feel like I have a good grip on the basics.

I live in Central Florida, am a photographer, musician and sometimes biker. I am semi retired and have been a lurker here for some time.

Mike

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Welcome out of the shadows @totamus 😀

Jimmie

Jimmie

Been smoking since the 60s and have had couple grows 10 years ago with decent results. I started growing in my garage about a year ago and have kept 5-10 plants going since then.

I enjoy DIY and find tending the plants to be very thereputic. I have been using lights with samsung 301 diodes and meanwell drivers (bestva). So far my main seed supplier has been ilgm. I have had good results with them.

I started in soil and am now doing a wick system (duoponics?, subirrigation?). I use a 6" block of rockwool as a wick in a 3 gal bucket and 5gal for resevoir. I am interested in learning and trying different methods. Growing in soil is good but i am hoping to eliminate variabilty in ph, EC, and moisture to get more consistant results.

I started with the Fox Farm trio nutrients but for the wick am trying general hydro.

Over the last year, I have gone from an average an oz per plant to 4-5 ozs per plant so I feel like I have a good grip on the basics.

I live in Central Florida, am a photographer, musician and sometimes biker. I am semi retired and have been a lurker here for some time.

Mike
Howdy, lived in central Florida a few different times. I kinda fit your profile!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter

Mike
Welcome Mike!

flowerdave

flowerdave

Welcome Mike, I also fit your profile too. this site is a great wealth of info from a great bunch of peeps.
Dave from Michigan

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

Welcome- hopefully you’ll stop lurking and start sharing 🤣 … gonna be rocking retirement down there soon!

Top Bottom