Ants And Plants

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OngSkap

OngSkap

Ant's FARM root aphids. They will carry the aphids to your plants, and eat the aphid excrement after they chow on your roots.

So, you need to not only treat your plants for the root aphids that the ants have been bringing in, but you also need to prevent the ants from coming back.

I'm an indoors guy, and I've had pretty good success at setting traps of powdered sugar and borax, but that might not work so well outdoors. I'm sure there are some solutions to this out there. Hit em with some OG Biowar tea to get rid of the aphids.
Not sure if anyone brought this up but ants only mine specific types of aphids, the root aphid affecting cannabis is not one of them. So I wouldn’t be worried about ants causing root aphids.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Put your plant on a tarp or plastic sheet, take DE Earth and sprinkle around your plant, ants have exo skeletons it seems there liveing in your plant but they have to come out for food, once they get the de earth on them they dehydrate and die, it's the only thing I can think to do, De earth is organic and won't hurt your plant, sprinkle a bit around your plant Dailey, make shure its dry or it wont work, you can mix some de earth in water and feed your plant this may wash them out, de earth is a great soil conditioner, i put it in all my medium, you don't want to use poison and this is what I would do, I hope this helps.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I left a half-used bag of Canna out. Just enough moisture and a wonderful environment for roots.

So, I don't do THAT anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom