Any 30-60 day fertilizer / foods ?

• Thread starter Fattsack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fattsack

Fattsack

I'm usually away from my garden during July and August I have a friend that watches it and turns on the watering system but they don't do much more than that.
So I add a few extra things to my soil but I'm wondering if there's some sort of time release plant food that I can use that will only be good for about 30 or 60 days
I've been looking and I can only find things that need to be given regularly and things that last 6 months I want something that will be completely gone within 60 days so I can start flushing everything and then change over to some sort of budding food when I get home

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
green gaia should get close to 6 weeks worth.
but are you are transplanting where you have the mix already or like top dressing?

Fattsack

Fattsack

green gaia should get close to 6 weeks worth.
but are you are transplanting where you have the mix already or like top dressing?
These are already in the ground established I'm just wanting something I can throw on top that will give them some extra nitrogen for a month or two

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A month is easy, or two is a qualifier that knocks nutrients formulated for cannabis out of the picture.

There are slow-release forms of nitrogen, with nitrification inhibitors, etc. I'm not sure how long they will feed, as these are chemical sources and "slow release" for chemicals might not be as long as 2 months. It might be worthwhile to try one of those houseplant fertilizers that claim to feed for up to 6 months, if you really need the extra month.

Top Bottom