Any advantages between f2 and f3

• Thread starter Foutwenty71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I'm currently working with super silver haze f2 strain originally from mr. Nice. My question is are there any advantages to creating an f3 or higher and what are those advantages if any?

dire wolf

dire wolf

In an f3 , the breeder , or pollin chucker is trying to get closer to an original phenotype that he wants the new generation to represent , like one step up the ladder towards his vision

Or it can just create more pheno types.... ( i mean f1 rosses )

LIke a f 3 is a closer representation to something he desires , or a cross with more vigor , or any particular trait the breeder is working towards..

Its really difficult to get to true breeding charateristics , so f1 , f2 , f3 ,
As far as im concerned , its all the same unless a professional breeder is working it...

Where did the seeds come from ?

Oh you said mr nice ...hes got good seeds , at least he used to
Since he "mr nice" howard marks is dead now ....

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

In an f3 , the breeder , or pollin chucker is trying to get closer to an original phenotype that he wants the new generation to represent , like one step up the ladder towards his vision

Or it can just create more pheno types.... ( i mean fi crosses )

LIke a f 3 is a closer representation to something he desires , or a cross with more vigor , or any particular trait the breeder is working towards..

Its really difficult to get to true breeding charateristics , so f1 , f2 , f3 ,
As far as im concerned , its all the same unless a professional breeder is working it...

Where did the seeds come from ?
Oh you said mr nice ...hes got good seeds , at least he used to
Since he "mr nice" howard marks is dead now ....
A friend of mine in Cali got them from mr. Nice and created the f2 then he mailed them to me out here in the Midwest where we are sometimes starving for both quality smoke and quality seed.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I'm currently working with super silver haze f2 strain originally from mr. Nice. My question is are there any advantages to creating an f3 or higher and what are those advantages if any?
Do you want to create the F3 . ? Because usually you need like 500 plants just to start breeding plans ...

Just crossing the next generation dosent really work

Although making 2000 seeds with your eyes closed could be cool, if you need seed or want to share with friends , why not ...

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

A friend of mine in Cali got them from mr. Nice and created the f2 then he mailed them to me out here in the Midwest where we are sometimes starving for both quality smoke and quality seed.
Should deff be quality there i n mr nice seeds , i wouldnt hesitate to take those seeds and be confident that you are dealing with some of the finest genetics on earth

I would be content with the f2, just grow out a dozen , keep the best female , find a vigorous male , who smells and has nice structure , pollinate your female , not professional , but yea you will get a shitload of great seeds.......
From a historic breeder.....
But hes dead , so the only thing hes pushin is daisys....

Just make sure he didnt give you feminized seed , thats a completely different story , and not in a good way.....at least for amateur breeding ...

Ask him where he got his original seed....

Last edited:
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

By the way same friend said he knows where roadkill skunk is
Do you want to create the F3 . ? Because usually you need like 500 plants judt to start breeding plans ...

Although making 2000 seeds with your eyes closed could be cool, if you need seed or want to share with friends , why not ...
Well that's why I was asking the question. Not legal here yet... Same reason why I didn't beg him for a strain that he says he has it is highly sought-after the roadkill skunk...I couldn't get away with growing it around here. But after reading some of your guys posts yesterday about how everybody misses it, and the fact that good skunk really comes my way out here my brain is certainly twerling that around

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Do you want to create the F3 . ? Because usually you need like 500 plants judt to start breeding plans ...

Well that's why I was asking the question. Not legal here yet... Same reason why I didn't beg him for a strain that he says he has it is highly sought-after the roadkill skunk...I couldn't get away with growing it around here. But after reading some of your guys posts yesterday about how everybody misses it, and the fact that good skunk really comes my way out here my brain is certainly twerling that around
Should deff be quality there i n mr nice seeds , i wouldnt hesitate to take those seeds and be confident that you are dealing with some of the finest genetics on earth

I would be content with the f2, just grow out a dozen , keep the best female , find a vigorous male , who smells and has nice structure , pollinate your female , not proffesional , but yea you will get a shitload of great seeds.......
From a historic breeder.....
But hes dead , so the only thing hes pushin is daisys....

Just make sure he didnt give you feminized seed , thats a completely different story , and not in a good way.....at least for amateur breeding ...

Ask him where he got his original seed....

This guy's list of strains was pretty amazing to me.. part of what I've been doing on here is cross checking his info that he's passed on to me and he's passed the test with flying colors.I have no doubt that you know what you're doing and I have no doubt that he knows what he's doing... And I'm going to be there too someday 😁... Sorry if there was a double post technology is not my friend today

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea i know where roadkill skunk is also , in an ashtray from the 1972 grateful concert i went to .......🤣

dire wolf

dire wolf

This guy's list of strains was pretty amazing to me.. part of what I've been doing on here is cross checking his info that he's passed on to me and he's passed the test with flying colors.I have no doubt that you know what you're doing and I have no doubt that he knows what he's doing... And I'm going to be there too someday 😁... Sorry if there was a double post technology is not my friend today
Hell yea , you will be there , all you need is real passion , honesty and a big grow space , why not .....
Im sure yor friend has a nice collection , get his ass to pass you that skunk clone 🤣

dire wolf

dire wolf

Really.....well get the cut , anyway you can , grow it out , then you will see the truth , no problem

And it dosent stink to the point where you cant grow it , especially if your growing hazes already , they all stink,

He just wont give it to you , because he thinks theres financial value in it .....otherwise hd would give , thats how it works ...

Offer him 2 grand for it , if its real original roadkill ask him the price ....
You will recoup your money in a weekend ...

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Yea i know where roadkill skunk is also , in an ashtray from the 1972 grateful concert i went to .......🤣
Hell yea , you will be there , all you need is real passion , honesty and a big grow space , why not .....
Im sure yor friend has a nice collection , get his ass to pass you that skunk clone 🤣
I agree it's about time that stuff goes back into circulation... Got to start working him over slowly. He is anal retentive right now because of relationship problems... all things will come to pass... God I miss that flavor

Top Bottom