• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I have a seed i coco
Not sure what to feed it

Its a few days old
I stated it in paper towel
Theb potter into coco fed just my 0.2e.c tap water around the stem for 2 days didn't ph the water was about 6.8-7ph
Then
2 days ago Fed just canna A&B at 0.4e.c so I added canna a&b till my tap water read 0.4 So it in my is 0.2 a&b

In debating to do what canna feed chart is saying
That's
Take my tap water to 0.4 with calmag then add a&b and 4ml root tonic till total e.c of 1.1e.c
Would this be to strong?

Iv not watered it for 2 days the coco us still very wett and it's growing bloody slow

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

Sorry video is below
Also does anyone know if it's fine to water this to run off everyday?

F

frogyrogy

Nutes in every "watering" . . . daily to run off won't hurt, I usually feed mine to run off every 2-3 days for seedlings. The babies don't seem to need more and I increase feedings as they grow: 1-3 times a day in veg, 3-9 times a day in flower. Depends on plant/pot size, but always feed to runoff, 20% or more seems to be the general recommendation. I don't know anything about Canna nutes, however I would suggest bringing pH to 5.8 in coco.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I don't start to "feed" until I see the first 3-finger leaf. Water every 2-3 days. With such small leaf and root area, it really can't use that much water.

When they look that small, I do must of my watering with a mist bottle.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Lol thanks guys be days feed one says not to, I would think some feed is need as coco has nothing in it , I use to start seeds in soil

F

frogyrogy

coco has nothing in it
That's why I say feed from start . . . a seedling in soil will have some nutrients available even when we give only small amounts of straight water. A seedling in coco only given water has nothing but itself to feed on.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hey there! I see you’re having some issues. I usually never start my seeds directly in coco as my germination rate was way better starting off in a jiffy. (Small ones never the big jiffy’s) The seed is self sufficient until the first 2 true leaves will appear after the cotyledon leaves. This is when you start the feed. I use the canna line and they do have a product to feed them at start called “Canna Start” but I often use just the canna line from the start. Here is what I do; I use RO water to start my base then I add my A&B at 7.5 ml/G my
Cannazyme at 5ml/G and Rhizo at 2ml/G.
after this my solution is around 500ppm. At after this you want to mix some RO water with cal mag at 2ml/G to keep separately to dilute your original solution and bring down that ppm to around 400ppm for the first feed and every 2 days if not sign of nute burn I would go up by 50ppm until I reach my original solution of 500 ppm and veg on until flower or sign that they are more hungry. And always ph your solution at the end of your everyday mix at 5.8-5.9. If you don’t have RO No worries just use your tap water and forget about the RO/water mix. Just dilute your original solution with tap water and ph afterwards before every feed just that feed an not the original mix(that is if you made more of course). You want to let the original mix sit for a bit too as the ph of the solution will fluctuate in the first 24hrs to settle and never move afterwards.( if you use RO water 😉) my mix with RO is on 5.8ph dead on
I also use a spray bottle during these first days and spray them 3-4 times a day this helps with the root development and to remove that helmet head if that sucker does not want to come off. Then it’s twice a week as there will be more on top(leaves) than in the ground(roots) Here is the recipe if you ever want to try: 25ml of Rhizo/1L RO water. Sorry for the long text X)

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Don’t know you’re temps and humidity but keep it around 24-25 Celsius and 65-70%RH. You might want to put a bit of perlite too in your coco mix to help with drainage.
Also next time try a small air pot if you can they are a bit expensive but totally worth it. Helps with root pruning, drying the coco faster, prevent slow growth and no chance of root bound. They are called propagation pots. They say you can’t over water in coco but that is not true. As too small of a plant in a too big container with coco will have slow growth and over watering symptoms. That is why I keep mine in a small jiffy until roots come out of it then transfer to my first container. And when transplant is done I water just around the jiffy with my first feeds with a big seringue as the water needed to run off at this point is minimal. Maybe 90 ml max per feed that is morning and night. After transplant in a pre saturated with solution at 5.8ph pot the next day you just feed in the morning then you do day and night(1hr before lights off) feed for the rest of veg unless they require more feeds due to lack of run off but that’s another topic X) let me know if you have any questions or follow my grow as I just started a diary yesterday I put it all step by step. Cheers!

p.s: let me know what coco you use? I prefer bags of canna professional to bricks less issues in the early stage.

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

I also mist my seedlings but my coco is Burpee & has 0.06 NPK in it and I am struggling myself, I pour ro water when the coco seperates from the 3" jiffy pot they are starting in, just my two cents,SS

Top Bottom