Any advice?? Ph lead to lockout

• Thread starter FunkyBokBok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

so...i was under the assumption that my ph pen was accurate. Always calibrated. Long story short it was buggered. I thought I was watering at 6.5 ish...apparently it was more like 5. Got a new pen. Its holding calibration. My well is actually coming out about 6.1. The plants have all gone into what looks like calmag lockout. Potassium deficiency. I dont have any ph up at the moment. I bought xatalyst(catalyst) and used my wifes fish tank water (7.2 ph) and it dropped the overall ph to 6.5. Then I remembered that the tank water has nutes from the fish. Im hoping my low dose nutes combined with the fish water dont fugg them again. Anyways...im growing in 707 mixed 50/50 with promix. Right now most everything is in 5 gallon buckets and outside. Going into 20 gallons and 27.5 gallons tomorrow for some. The rest most likely raised beds as im out of funding to continue to buy 707, promix and pots. Now reading after all this...should i just run the waterings at 6.1 and never check ph again? See that is common practice most places with organic soil. Or should I ph the watering up to 6.5 or even 7? I need to unlock these girls and get them going. I plan on using lime and pro start to amend the promix before I mix it with 707 to transplant into bigger pots. Good idea? Bad idea? Thanks in advance!

Edit. All the bigger plants with issues have been in 5 gallon buckets for waaay too long. Possibly since mid March. Igor them too early and didn't anticipate it before hand. . The last 3 pics have only been in the mix for about 3 weeks. They are starting to yellow. Im guessing nitrogen deficiency? They are my favorite strains o dont want them turning out the same as the rest. The bigger plants did get 1 feeding of happy frog granulated at 1/4 strength when the leaves started going downhill due to me thinking it was a calmag issue. The little ones haven't had anything. I do have pulverized lime, pro start and earth juice catalyst(xatalyst). Should i start feeding? Or just water? Use the lime for the ph issue and continue on with the 6.1 from the tap? Or ph my water to 6.5 and dont use lime? Use lime and ph my water? What should I be doing? I'm a religious coco mix and hydro feeding guy. This whole organic crap is messing with me. Sorry for the long post. Any help is appreciated!

Any advice ph lead to lockout
Any advice ph lead to lockout 2
Any advice ph lead to lockout 3
Any advice ph lead to lockout 4
Any advice ph lead to lockout 5
Any advice ph lead to lockout 6
Any advice ph lead to lockout 7
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

forgot to mention. Got a soil ph tester today. Its reading about 5.8 or 5.9. Obviously way too acidic. And with 707 being acidic to start...what should my water ph be before it goes in?

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

strains in case it matters
Strawberry kush
Jedi kush
Omega gold
Jack herer
Durban poison
Chronic thunder
Purple trainwreck
M.O.B.
White widow
White rhino
Northern lights #5
Mendo purp
Green crack

The strawberry kush and Northern lights are having the hardest time with it all...

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Are those ph numbers from measuring the run off samples?

You want to measure the run off.....if it is 5.x you need to raise it to 6.2

You also need a TDS meter to measure the EC (PPM) from the runoff...

Go slow....try to ph your water going in to about 6.5

You wanna start with a good tea that contains lots of bacteria to get the plants back on the right track, before attempting to feed with nutrients IMHO.

Good luck!

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

Are teas necessary? I'm not familiar. Im a coco mix and hydro feed everyday type of guy. Some say just use my well water at 6.1. Problem is with the whacked out ph pen...i was most likely feeding closer to 5 or 5.5. I have a feeling that the actual well water at 6.1 won't bring me where I need to be. I've tossed the idea of top dressing slightly with lime. Im getting organic ph up tomorrow and hopefully I can get these girls back on track. I gave them a drink of the wifes fish tank water(7.2) and mixed in 1 teaspoon per gallon of earth juice catalyst(xatalyst) and it dropped the ph to 6.5. Thats what I had...they desperately needed water. Catalyst comes in at (.03-.01-,10) so very low dose but claims its a beneficial added due to being molasses, yeast, kelp and wheat meat extracts. I hope they accept the offering and are starting their path to recovery. For the next week ill be doing just ph water. But I also have pro start fert. Its 2-3-3. Was gong to amend the promix before i mix it with the 707. These are just ideas I've been tossing. Im new to soil growing and unfortunately I can't afford the nutes and promix to go "soiless" otherwise I would! Lol. Any help would be great! Thanks for the response!!

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

soil tested at 6.0 today. I just fed. Its 4am. I didnt slip a tray under any buckets. Im tired. Its been a trying couple past weeks. Ill get a run off ph next water in a couple days if we don't get rain. Got a couple cold nights coming and want to get the girls healthy to get through them!

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

oh. And just found my dealer sample bottle of sea green. So thats going in next water as well. Excited and hopefully it helps buffer these issues.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

forgot to mention. Got a soil ph tester today. Its reading about 5.8 or 5.9. Obviously way too acidic. And with 707 being acidic to start...what should my water ph be before it goes in?
Baking soda will work as pH Up, and your readings are not that acidic; try for 6.0 or above for best results, water soil at 6.5, good luck!

Edit: I'm seeing multiple and varied issues, if those were my plants the first thing I would do is a slurry test on each one and post both pH & ppm;

then i would make individual corrections based on the results of the particular plants slurry test

Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ohhh, sheeeeit...

i can't tell if it's panic, or bravado

slow.... goosfraba.

beach gotcha and I'll freak out sooo... I'm going to ignore the gal's symptoms and discuss

possibly yours

you've mentioned many zealot products and expectations from them and being broke. then, askin about a tea.... stuff adds up, even if it's your crap, u still have to eat, to make it.... and you mentioned coco/wannabehydro zealot stuffs and.... that you're good at it. so u been doin it long enough to know- little changes.... sounds like you're being pulled to the dark side, with organic. like the promix and everything else u tried, will take a few dates before she really produces for ya... the whole gettin to know ya b.s. you know how expensive this can b.... u want this kinda added stress, right now? can u risk a crop loss & afford to buy the top shelf strains u rattled off?

zealots.... pffft. will i be seeing you in my terrorism 101 class, this fall? second period will be : how to : living and dying with an infidel .

man, I'm sorry your having a difficult time. remember your roots: you're a pothead... known for calm... even keel...; grass roots hippies are. so b one. the money will eventually return and we still get to b us. those who love u, still do and those who don't.... don't... because look at the strains u grow. envy, hurts us all, in equal measure.

slow.... one tweak and expense....at a time.... goosfraba.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Careful with the Seagreen product, powerful stuff.

You don't have to have a tea, especially if you have seagreen on hand......that's all you need to get things back on track really....IMHO.

the seagreen has a good array of bacteria that will green things up. I would hold off on any nutrients for now.

I would still do the run off test to measure a more accurate ph and PPM reading. Those numbers are very important, enough to write them down. This is really helpful if you plan on running clones or seeds from same strain.......you will have a dialed in nutrient regiment.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Have you got a magnifying glass of sorts? Scope those leaves Beachwalker pointed out.......if you got mites you would wanna get a handle on that ASAP. Those little bastard will wreck everything pretty quick.

Keep us posted!

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

ohhh, sheeeeit...

slow.... goosfraba.

beach gotcha and I'll freak out sooo... I'm going to ignore the gal's symptoms and discuss

possibly yours

you've mentioned many zealot products and expectations from them and being broke. then, askin about a tea.... stuff adds up, even if it's your crap, u still have to eat, to make it.... and you mentioned coco/wannabehydro zealot stuffs and.... that you're good at it. so u been doin it long enough to know- little changes.... sounds like you're being pulled to the dark side, with organic. like the promix and everything else u tried, will take a few dates before she really produces for ya... the whole gettin to know ya b.s. you know how expensive this can b.... u want this kinda added stress, right now? can u risk a crop loss & afford to buy the top shelf strains u rattled off?

zealots.... pffft. will i be seeing you in my terrorism 101 class, this fall? second period will be : how to : living and dying with an infidel .

man, I'm sorry your having a difficult time. remember your roots: you're a pothead... known for calm... even keel...; grass roots hippies are. so b one. the money will eventually return and we still get to b us. those who love u, still do and those who don't.... don't... because look at the strains u grow. envy, hurts us all, in equal measure.

Its not about the money in the slightest. Im buying bags of 707 and promix weekly(or as available...it seems everyone around here uses the same stuff) and pots as I go. So for now I'm waiting till tomorrow and going to transplant what I have enough for into 27 gallon pots. Im hoping the fresh soil and now phd water will bring some of the girls back to life...because ill tell you what...after what I saw today...things are NOT getting better! Going to be one of those seasons....ill get on the mites. Best solution for that? I'd like to stay away from chems but we are still in veg so at least a noncaustic or carbonate would be good if such a thing exists. Im sorry if I'm all over the place. I have no help with in depth analysis or knowledge around me. Everyone around here digs holes in the ground. Tosses a few shovel fulls of hot cow shit, a bag of potting soil and they're pretty much done. They lightly water and lightly feed. But I dont have their water...or their ground. It seems my entire 22 acres is either hard pack clay or ledge. So buckets it is. But with the ph of my well water being so low...should i worry about the content of whats in it?thanks for everyone's help. I really do appreciate it
Careful with the Seagreen product, powerful stuff.

You don't have to have a tea, especially if you have seagreen on hand......that's all you need to get things back on track really....IMHO.

the seagreen has a good array of bacteria that will green things up. I would hold off on any nutrients for now.

I would still do the run off test to measure a more accurate ph and PPM reading. Those numbers are very important, enough to write them down. This is really helpful if you plan on running clones or seeds from same strain.......you will have a dialed in nutrient regiment.

Recommendations for good or decent ppm meters? Should run off and ppm be monitored for each plant? Or just get a general handful to get a median? Should I add seagreen and seagreen only?

And another question...when i transplant to the bigger pots...should i amend the promix with anything that I have on hand?

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

ohhh, sheeeeit...

slow.... goosfraba.

possibly yours

Also sorry if I cMe across as a pie in your eye type of guy. Wasnt my intent in the slightest! I searched low and high for these strains. Thats taken for granted they are what they are. Bought from local trusted suppliers. Fairly cheap if you ask me. But i was excited to have some of these! Been a long long time since my last taste of jack! Just reminds me of high school. M.O.B. is a big thing up here. But its also tough to get your hands on the original local strain...and my good friend and neighbor has been getting it from the same guy and it is the same stuff year after year. Its really Good! Im sorry if I came across as pompous. But to me having a big rezzy of solution with a constant read out of all the essentials and in a environment where salt build ups are alot easier to deal with and you run drip clean through everyday...its kinda easy for me. I dunno. I've always hand fed. This stuff with the soil has so many more things to it. But...i knew enough not to feed it for a while. Im guessing that the plants ran out of the food in the 707 around the same time as the ph finally crossed a threshold of snafu. Im hoping to get back to the grow store on Tuesday to find a ppm meter and grab some more pots and soils. Is there anything I should have for the rest of the year? Calmag supplement? Certain ferts or nutes i should use or stay away from? If the ph corrects the issues...should i be feeding? If no...wait till the show deficiency? Or 2/3 weeks then start gradually? This is all new to me. Doing research on forums provides many different answers. Hard to tell for sure which way to go with out someone saying it directly to me. I guess I need to know more about my water and soil before I really do any t hing huh?

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

So...woke up to this. Ran outside. High temp today will only hit 60. Temps werent supposed to get below 40 last night. When I first opened my eyes...it said the real feel was 28. We definitely frosted last night. I...might...cry.... i am destined to fail...

20200601 045245
20200601 044620
20200601 044630
20200601 044734
20200601 044748
20200601 044806
20200601 044818
20200601 044832
20200601 044841
20200601 044848
20200601 044853
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm speechless

ur tryin so hard and then...

a moment of silence

got a halogen shop light to throw some heat at it with and a wake up?

I've never seen, nor heard, nor read on frost damage. I'm soooo sorry.

@MIMedGrower
@Dirtbag

hey, med, sorry to keep ringing
i wouldn't know where to begin

funkyB's, i don't mean to come across, tactless. it happens. i have issues. sick plants, exacerbate em.

i took no offense
i meant none

I'll ask around about frost

those umbrellas are... close. there IS a point of no return.

mimedgrower
dirtbag

these are the two, off the top of my head
i would be listening to

this site, more than the others I'm on
you WILL hear differed opinions, but we don't tend to argu about it, like other sites. most of us r very familiar with each other. it helps.

we state our cases and sometimes opinions differ

there are some questions that invite differing opinions so keep it in mind. when it happens, we try to provide supporting intel, as well sooo.... but it's common. easier to learn a truth, hearing all sides.

all i can do is call em out, hope they're available and I'll get some meter intel... also very subjective.

i like hanna laboratories, but they're pricey.

i was recommended two meters, from this site, since dec..., i think, and as cheap meters, break all the time... it's gonna cost. $14ish, will get u something temporary, for each. $50-75... ea... u won't need to replace, tomorrow and i always keep a backup, very basic litmus ph kit, in case the whirled goes to excrement; IF... i could find it n my house!

and to help put things in perspective
if u haven't slammed your penis in a drawer, this week... as one has... ur doin better than that guy... who woke up... threw some coffee in the mwave, only to discover, the glass was two halves, empty...
true story. hope it turns frown, upside down.

aquaman, may have recommended both of these. the probe i needed for my hanna, cost as much. these r waterproof and have required minimal calibration.
oh... the ph, came of a YouTube plug reco. no issues. common batteries.

the only question of these I'm capable of answering is that i would test each plant. they're their own entities, with varying needs and we do our due, to treat em so.

I'm with you- tanks r easier to master.
a good, cheaper book that the guy seemed more adept at and described more puup for organics... and it ain't the one i use to trouble shoot, is THE LIMITING FACTORS OF GROWTH, by john martin and he left recipes, as well. big book, big print... thin book so it's like an hour's, read, give r take.

u may already have answers. someone called. i freaked. started this, an hr ago.

best of luck!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

almost forgot- my gal learned from my neighbors, to put a trash can, over outdoor plants, during a freeze. seems to work. indigenous peoples do this, over their above ground spigots n piping, as well. also- seems to work, if they don't... well... seems to work.

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

almost forgot- my gal learned from my neighbors, to put a trash can, over outdoor plants, during a freeze. seems to work. indigenous peoples do this, over their above ground spigots n piping, as well. also- seems to work, if they don't... well... seems to work.
I'm guessing you mean to cut a hole in the center of the lid and slit it? I'm pulling the girls in from outside tonight. Kinda glad I didn't transplant to the 27 gallon pots right now!! As far as the frost...theyvall survived and picked right up after the sun started shining. Once they dried off it seems the sun went away and was cool and breezy all day. Im not changing another night. Our weather took a turn it seems. WS 80am and 60pm for the last week or more. Yesterday and today 60 am 30 pm. So...ill wait till this spell is over and transplant the biggest girls into some fresh soil and bigger pots. They need feed badly. But won't xros that path for another week or so if the weather gets there. If they go downhill I'll have to risk it and hive them some. I appreciate all the help guys. Now to start the arduous task of getting the girls indoors. Thanks folks!!

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

So. I got them all indoors besides a couple that were already in big pots. I covered them and it they survived. They are all starting to look greener and a bit healthier. My question is...i have them in 707 mixed 50/50 with sunshine #4. Im finding they stay wet for far too long. I have ample drainage holes drilled in the buckets. I switched to promix for transplanting to the bigger pots...but is that going to be as retaining of water as the sunshine? Or should i be adding other drainage aiding components? Does someone has a recipe for the perfect mix of sokl and soiless so I can water every day or couple days? I'd like to pump them the feed and get them going. I think next year I'm going to do promix straight up and feed hydroponic soiless schedule outdoors in buckets. Thanks again folks. Ill take pics tomorrow

Latest posts

Top Bottom