Any Cheap Tests for P or K levels?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Are there any cheap tests that will give you an idea of the Potassium or phosphorus levels in a growing medium? A TDS/EC meter measures the sum of a bunch of stuff, but a test for P or K exclusivly would be a great help to growing, since I think a lot of growing problems are caused by competing nutes and their interactions with each other.
Any suggestions?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Very very very handy tools to have on hand. All soil growers should have this in their tool box...IMHO.

Great share MMG!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thaank you for the link. I found them for less than $14 on 'Bay, so I think this is going to be of great help to help tweak things the way they need. A TDS is nice but doesn't give you info, like the CHECK ENGINE light in your car. This should also help greatly when something doesn't look right and you can learn to associate specific issues by their appearance. Great learning tool... thanks again!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Do you happen to have any instructions for use? I ordered the damn things and they arrived, but without any type of instructions.. just bags full of pretty coloored capsules. Hopefully someone has an instruction sheet for these!

Top Bottom