Any good recipes for my butter?

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

It will if you really slather it on, but it's more of just a chill feeling than being high. I make a balm with canna coconut oil, beeswax and a bunch of different essential oils that have pain reliving or anti inflammatory properties, lavender, peppermint, geranium, bergamot, eucalyptus, clove... I might be forgetting a couple... but it works surprisingly well on sore muscles and even helps inflammation pain from say arthritis.
can you share the recipe or is it a secret?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It will if you really slather it on, but it's more of just a chill feeling than being high. I make a balm with canna coconut oil, beeswax and a bunch of different essential oils that have pain reliving or anti inflammatory properties, lavender, peppermint, geranium, bergamot, eucalyptus, clove... I might be forgetting a couple... but it works surprisingly well on sore muscles and even helps inflammation pain from say arthritis.
When I was mentoring seniors on how to grow most would already have a grow going....LOL!

They usually had a sad looking plant of unknown strain growing in a pot on the balcony of their apartment. They told me they would grow the plant to around 2 feet then cut it down and stick it in a jar of rubbing alcohol and use the tincture as pain relief for their arthritis and other minor aches and pains.

D

dean1963

i got into growing because i wanted something else to dull pain but like i said i don't like the head stone,
so beer it is

TSD

TSD

can you share the recipe or is it a secret?
No no secret, love to share anything that might help someone!
I'll have to dig up the exact recipe, it's not where I thought it was, made a big batch last time and haven't made it in a while. I have a magical butter machine and cook it in that, but stove top works too I assume. Off the top of my head, I think maybe 2 cups canna coconut oil, about 3 ounces of beeswax, a tablespoon or so of vitamin E oil, and probably about 100 drops of various essential oils... which is up to you which smells you like or if you're averse to any.. use less if you have sensitive skin. All the ones I listed have pain reliving properties of some kind, others that do are rose, rosemary (which is very strong and can throw off your good smells if you use too much) white camphor... I know I'm forgetting some. Some easy to find ones to start with are lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus. Just be sure to avoid touching your eyes after use! I don't think the exact ratios are make or break honestly. Have you heard of RSO? That's also a great ingestable option for pain. All preparations have different effects and strain matters too, so don't give up because of one type of thing gave you a high you didn't love.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
so if applied as a salve canna butter won't mess you up?
i don't like the head stone part but would love the pain relief part
for salves, i have a separate recipe. same base oil, tend to run 3-4oz to ~8 cups coconut oil. xanthum gum, lecithin added as those make it more "topical" texture. slow cook at ~180f for 10+ hours, strain. going forward I won't be running plant material, i'll do extracts first as you lose a shit ton of oil to the plant matter whereas with extractions you get all the medicine in more controlled ways, and it won't be so green.

Ponky

Ponky

Slowly micro dosing and steadily upping the dose over time will be your best bet. Over like the course of 4 months. Build up a tolerance. Should be tolerable that way. Relieve pain.

Top Bottom