Any guesses what my yield will be on these 3?

• Thread starter Trippyhippette
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

What is a guess on what my yield will be off these 3 girls? And any tips on harvest and curing for beginners? Definitely looking for a nice aroma.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Maybe an ounce, dried, per plant. It’s kinda hard to tell. I throw my trim away. I found its not worth saving .

i prefer to cut my plants off at the base and hang them upside down for a week, week and half. I then dry trim and put in canning jars. The leaves just crumble off, making trimming soooo much easier.

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Thank you! Do yoh cut all the fan leaves off when you hang upside down?

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I'm new to growing my friend, hence why I'm reading your post to learn proper ways and techniques to do so.

I have also heard people saying you can use other parts of the plants usually discarded to make cannibutter.

My wife is a cancer patient and cannibutter helps her on so many levels and wanna do so with my finished products for her.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Thank you! Do yoh cut all the fan leaves off when you hang upside down?
Not usually, they fall off on their own as it drys. I typically defoliate throughout my grow so there are never a ton of fan leaves.

showmegreen

showmegreen

And what does everyone do with their trim?
Make oil outta it. After expressing oil I put waste trim matter in with compost.

I uproot whole plant and hang upside down in room with under 50% humidity fer a week-ish. Trimming buds hear and there. When large fan leaves fall off at the touch easily... take trimmed buds off main branches, lay on a perforated sheet pan for a few more days usually. Rotate buds ever so often.. Then I will put in sealable crocks/light proof jars, burping constantly for a few more days. Keeping an eye out for molds and fungi. Then ill just burp crocks/jars ever so often waiting a few days more at a time. When I think there is no chance for mold I keep sealed and stored in cool dry place until ready to consume.

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Make oil outta it. After expressing oil I put waste trim matter in with compost.

I uproot whole plant and hang upside down in room with under 50% humidity fer a week-ish. Trimming buds hear and there. When large fan leaves fall off at the touch easily... take trimmed buds off main branches, lay on a perforated sheet pan for a few more days usually. Rotate buds ever so often.. Then I will put in sealable crocks/light proof jars, burping constantly for a few more days. Keeping an eye out for molds and fungi. Then ill just burp crocks/jars ever so often waiting a few days more at a time. When I think there is no chance for mold I keep sealed and stored in cool dry place until ready to consume.
Dry trim or wet trim for your oil? And any good links on fool proof way to do oil? What's your potency usually like?

Dan789

Dan789

First of all, those aren’t near done, so how can you think about harvesting till then?
PS what have you got a air compressor running in the background for?

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Well man it's my first grow I'm on week 9 of flower and I'm trying my best. I thought I was pretty close. It's not an air compressor it's my air pump I grow hydro. It's just in an empty bucket so the sound is intensified.
First of all, those aren’t near done, so how can you think about harvesting till then?

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

How long do you think I still have? I am learning so I need knowledge. I cut my ppm back to 350-400 on Sunday so did I make a mistake? They've just started up taking more water than food here lately so i figured they were definitely nearing the end.

Dan789

Dan789

Well man it's my first grow I'm on week 9 of flower and I'm trying my best. I thought I was pretty close. It's not an air compressor it's my air pump I grow hydro. It's just in an empty bucket so the sound is intensified.
Got it...
What I look for are signs that the plants are starting to fade, lower fan leaves turning yellow and dying off. On the buds, the pistils, (white hair like things) will contract and the brown, then checking trichomes for milky, amber mix your looking for (using a 20X loop on the buds).
I see no signs of fade, and everything else says at least two, maybe three weeks. Maybe a few shots of the plants in better focus will help define where the plants are at...
This shot shows fade, just a few weeks into bloom, lower right side... and they’ll lose that dark green with that energy going into the buds.

4213F72A B738 402E 9984 992C6A92675D
Last edited:
Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Got it...
What I look for are signs that the plants are starting to fade, lower fan leaves turning yellow and dying off. On the buds, the pistils, (white hair like things) will contract and the brown, then checking trichomes for milky, amber mix your looking for (using a 20X loop on the buds).
I see no signs of fade, and everything else says at least two, maybe three weeks. Maybe a few shots of the plants in better focus will help define where the plants are at...
So this video didn't really show the whole plant. I'll collect some more tonight and post up on here to get your input! When I take pictures of trichs to post up should I take them with flash on or off

Dan789

Dan789

So this video didn't really show the whole plant. I'll collect some more tonight and post up on here to get your input! When I take pictures of trichs to post up should I take them with flash on or off
No flash, just normal light if you can, your buds are good and frosty, which reflects quite a bit off the flash.

TheKushie

TheKushie

Average for alright growers is 20gram/sq ft. advanced growers is 35-60grams/sq ft.
I just did the math for my area I'm hoping to get 1.6lb - 2.1lb on a 5x5x6 hope that helps and good job on your first run, don't stop.

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

Average for alright growers is 20gram/sq ft. advanced growers is 35-60grams/sq ft.
I just did the math for my area I'm hoping to get 1.6lb - 2.1lb on a 5x5x6 hope that helps and good job on your first run, don't stop.
That's wonderful I hope you hit that 2.1 and more! I'm growing in a 4x4x8 tent with leds but I fucked up and used up my space with my air pump inside the tent so I definitely could have fit one more plant in there if I would have planned better. Lol. Thank you so much, I'm just happy that I'll have a little something out of the first time and just using bagseeds, I didn't think I'd make it this far!

Trippyhippette

Trippyhippette

No flash, just normal light if you can, your buds are good and frosty, which reflects quite a bit off the flash.
Alright I'll gather some pictures once I get home and see if I can get something a bit more accurate on how the whole plants are looking. Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom