Any helpful hints on defoliating properly

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

STRAIN: RUNTZ FEMINIZED
GTOWN IN: 3 GALLON MESH POTS. EQUAL PARTS FOXFARM SOIL, HAPPY FROG COCO, BLACK KOW MANUER(First time trying and liking it)
LIGHTS: MARS HYDRO TSL2000
TENT: 5X2X5
TEMPS: 73° DAY/ 68° NIGHT
HUMIDITY: 50%
Im on my first attempts at photoperiods. Im on day 60 since seed, and 3 weeks (21 days) since I flipped lights to 12/12. I had a very succesful veg once I got all my variables down (humidifier, a.c unit, dimmer switch for intake). I have 1 scrog in place thats clearly been overtaken. These girls are stretching and I only have 8 more inches a ailble to lift my lights though thry have a dimmer switch.
Question 1: Should I defoliate now, of so how much, and should i do it from bottom or top half of plants. I have already lolipopped also.?
2. Question 2: My plant closest to my A.C unit is turning purple on the leaves closest to bud sites around the bud sites. Could this be genetics (Runtz)? Its the coolest part of my tent? A deficiency? Google gives way to many possibilities
Any suggestions would be awesome.

Any helpful hints on defoliating properly
Any helpful hints on defoliating properly 2
Any helpful hints on defoliating properly 3
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

GTOWN IN: 3 GALLON MESH POTS. EQUAL PARTS FOXFARM SOIL, HAPPY FROG COCO, BLACK KOW MANUER(First time trying and liking it)
Im on my first attempts at photoperiods. Im on day 60 since seed, and 3 weeks (21 days) since I flipped lights to 12/12. I had a very succesful veg once I got all my variables down (humidifier, a.c unit, dimmer switch for intake). I have 1 scrog in place thats clearly been overtaken. These girls are stretching and I only have 8 more inches a ailble to lift my lights though thry have a dimmer switch.
Question 1: Should I defoliate now, of so how much, and should i do it from bottom or top half of plants. I have already lolipopped also.?
2. Question 2: My plant closest to my A.C unit is turning purple on the leaves closest to bud sites around the bud sites. Could this be genetics (Runtz)? Its the coolest part of my tent? A deficiency? Google gives way to many possibilities
Shame that no one got to your post in time. Yes day 18-21 into flower is when I do my final defoliation. Usually nothing after this except maybe at the very end of flower and that’s only big fans that are blocking bud sites. The purple is most likely from the temperature being low there. At the end of flower I sometimes start dropping night time temps to bring purple colors out.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I was bummed that no one was able to help me out. So i just ran with it and did my first defoliation on day 21 (though afterwards I read never to do it between days 20 and 25 lol)and lollipopping and plants are thriving. i just dont want to over do it with the lower leaves. Ill attach some pics and a video to gather youre thoughts. Thank you

20220718 133543
20220718 133621
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For future

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank You @Aquaman. i feel like i have stripped soooooooo many leaves yet my plants still look so bushy compared to some defoliation videos and pics.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank You @Aquaman. i feel like i have stripped soooooooo many leaves yet my plants still look so bushy compared to some defoliation videos and pics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah thats basic techniques… I wouldn’t junp into the advanced stiff till you get a good understanding of it

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you. im one to over do it lol. ayouever heard of the Foop lime of nutrients? My wife bought me a starter set and it looks more beneficial then my foxFarm Trio. Im almost out of Tiger Bloom and figured if im going to switch, i could do it now. bad idea to switch nutes 5 weeks into flower? any thoughts on Foop

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Thank you. im one to over do it lol. ayouever heard of the Foop lime of nutrients? My wife bought me a starter set and it looks more beneficial then my foxFarm Trio. Im almost out of Tiger Bloom and figured if im going to switch, i could do it now. bad idea to switch nutes 5 weeks into flower? any thoughts on Foop
I have seen Foop around but have not tried them. I’m not a big fan of fox farm nutrients. What are you growing in?

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Start from the bottom work your way up. Never remove more than 20% between sessions. Also take this time to remove inner growth, wispy limbs with 1 or 2 colas because they're worthless. There's an imaginary line where your light stops. I remove everything below that line because it's wasted energy and that energy will go into your main buds. Just remember not to go over 20 %

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

so I will atta h my latest video. i trimmed off 2 to 4 weak branches that would only give me 1 or 2 popcorn nugs. I never thought i would be cutting buds off lol but Now 10000 percent understand why. Let me know youre thoughts on todays video after i stripped them and lollipopped a few more worthless branches. I feel like there is a ron of foligae and i dont wanna over do it. Today is day 33 since i flipped to 12/12. i was off by a week till i looked a journal

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

For future

Think I should defoliate?

Cid 993
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Lol i dont think you have to so much outdoors but in that corner id prob pull some of the leaves deep inside the plant
Lol,it's actually 2 I tied together for a couple weeks because one was in the shade too much. I think it looks like the grim reaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom