Any one have experience with Fire OG, soil, indoors?

• Thread starter logdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logdog

logdog

Thinking about trying a couple of these for my next run, would probably get seeds from ILGM, everything I've read says its a finicky plant but not much about what in particular its finicky about. Looking for any and all tips, suggestions and experiences. Like is it temp sensitive, humidity sensitive, hard to train, narrow PH range, etc. I grow in FFOF in 7 gallon pots under LED's, also thinking about trying Dyna-Gro for this one. Thanks for the help.

chris

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Finicky means difficult to grow well. Hard to dial in feed or well everything. And require training to keep up with stretching branches. They get stressed and sick easily and are for advanced growers.

if you have to ask it’s best to stick with a plant the breeder classifies as easy.

a well grown easy plant will likely get you higher than an advanced hybrid grown poorly. And yield much higher.

logdog

logdog

Finicky means difficult to grow well. Hard to dial in feed or well everything. And require training to keep up with stretching branches. They get stressed and sick easily and are for advanced growers.

if you have to ask it’s best to stick with a plant the breeder classifies as easy.

a well grown easy plant will likely get you higher than an advanced hybrid grown poorly. And yield much higher.
I don't know if Im an advanced grower (still learning every grow) but I have been doing this for a number of years (ten or so) and my stuff usually comes out pretty good. I have a pretty good grasp on how to train a plant, monitor ph, how to properly fertilize, water, etc. I am looking for a little info on the specific vagaries of this strain. I switch up my nutes from time to time as the mood strikes I have been running Blue Planet Farmers Pride for my last 3 I got the line in gallons and don't have enough left for another complete run so I was thinking of trying Dyna Gro for the next couple runs. I think I've seen you mention using dyna gro any tips?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I didn’t like working with dyna grow but maybe it doesn’t like my well water. The ratios are kind of wrong for cannabis. On the other hand I did get very dense resinous buds so it sure works. I went back to pure blend pro as I have no issues here with it. I am going to keep adding some silica with the protekt.

And I have not grow fire og but with your experience just try it. You have more growing experience than me. And I have been growing diesel/ Thai hybrids a while. They can be a bitch too.

logdog

logdog

I didn’t like working with dyna grow but maybe it doesn’t like my well water. The ratios are kind of wrong for cannabis. On the other hand I did get very dense resinous buds so it sure works. I went back to pure blend pro as I have no issues here with it. I am going to keep adding some silica with the protekt.

And I have not grow fire og but with your experience just try it. You have more growing experience than me. And I have been growing diesel/ Thai hybrids a while. They can be a bitch too.
Thanks for the info, I use my spring water its about 150-200ppm depending on how its flowing, ppm goes up when its dry as does PH Im in the middle of limestone country so calcium isn't an issue LOL. Those Thai sativa strains are definitely on my to do list but I sorta got it in my head to mess around some of the OG Kush variants, so many strains so little time. thanks again

Top Bottom