Any recommendations on vac/heat sealers for grove bags?

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I fold a piece of kitchen parchment paper in half and put that over the end of the Grove bag. Then I use a regular clothes iron. The parchment keeps it from sticking.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Keeps what from sticking
You’ll see what he means if you try it without a barrier between bag and iron, lol. The plastic kinda crinkles and wrinkles along the seal. The iron directly is usually too hot unless turned way down. Then it’s hard to seal. Easier to use a barrier so you get a nice even smooth seal. Parchment works well.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
close it on it, wait 7-10 seconds and it's sealed with a nice little ridge pattern. $45

IMG 7101
IMG 7102

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Now I’m curious if it’s better to seal in a regular food grade bag because the way grove bags work
i don't get still how air exchange works with them, but i figured if they didn't work well people would've ousted them by now

2Bad

2Bad

i don't get still how air exchange works with them, but i figured if they didn't work well people would've ousted them by now
I think they continue to cure with whatever environment they’re in, so if I have em stored in like 70 degree 40% humidity I should probably just get diff types of bags to vac seal. They’re great for curing tho.

2Bad

2Bad

You’ll see what he means if you try it without a barrier between bag and iron, lol. The plastic kinda crinkles and wrinkles along the seal. The iron directly is usually too hot unless turned way down. Then it’s hard to seal. Easier to use a barrier so you get a nice even smooth seal. Parchment works well.
Gotcha now. High moment

2Bad

2Bad

what you mean bro? lol

Yes I heat seal all of my Grove Bags, unless it's my "daily smoke bag" that I am pulling buds out of.

Regular bags??????

file-20170501-17281-jjxivz.jpg
There is regular vac seal bags. I'm assuming that keeps it fresher because it doesn't adapt to it's environment like grovebags. Im just curious because I am noticing in grove bags the humidity has gone down about 10% ...so out of the cure range now. and it's only been 2 weeks.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

There is regular vac seal bags. I'm assuming that keeps it fresher because it doesn't adapt to it's environment like grovebags. Im just curious because I am noticing in grove bags the humidity has gone down about 10% ...so out of the cure range now. and it's only been 2 weeks.

Did you heat seal your grove bag? Where are you storing it?

No we don't speak of "regular bags" around these parts :p

don't make me get @freezeland2 up in here to scold you!

Top Bottom