any risk of ordering genetics?

• Thread starter Exceptionaldragon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Exceptionaldragon

Exceptionaldragon

Hey all, im a longtime medical card user who wants to take the steps to grow. I am located in maine, however am living in an illegal state for a few months, and i want access to some cool genetics that might not be available when im home.

Before buying i just wanted to see what the worst thing legal repercussion i could face is. I am in an illegal state and dont want to get in trouble. Seeds wont be popped till im in a legal state. But just wanted to make sure the worst case scenario was losing the seeds, not prosecution.

I also want to have some canadian seeds shipped to my place in maine, so it wont cross any illegal states, just the border, is that legit? Again, just want to make sure i wont be breaking any serious laws, as i used to ship beer through usps all the time with no probl me, but just wanted to check in, as the ruled are always changing in the usa. Ty, happy holidays!

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I’m in Maine and I haven’t had any trouble ordering from US based seedbanks. I think the risk is super low. I just can’t imagine that .gov is very concerned with a few seeds, especially going to a legal state.

edit: I see your now in a illegal state. Doesn’t matter, still low risk I think.

Exceptionaldragon

Exceptionaldragon

Cheers brother, ty, was just looking for any horror stories if they are out there! I have a place i can send to that is nit my residence too so yes i think low risk i appreciate you, just not worth getting in any real trouble just to gran some special strains, as sick as they are! Finally able to order peanut butter breath again

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
It can happen. But I haven't had any problems in many, many years.
Just do your due diligence researching breeders.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Ordering from within the states, I can't imagine you'd have any issues. Even shipping to less cool states.
I'm up here, too. Just got an order in earlier this week. No sweat

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey all, im a longtime medical card user who wants to take the steps to grow. I am located in maine, however am living in an illegal state for a few months, and i want access to some cool genetics that might not be available when im home.

Before buying i just wanted to see what the worst thing legal repercussion i could face is. I am in an illegal state and dont want to get in trouble. Seeds wont be popped till im in a legal state. But just wanted to make sure the worst case scenario was losing the seeds, not prosecution.

I also want to have some canadian seeds shipped to my place in maine, so it wont cross any illegal states, just the border, is that legit? Again, just want to make sure i wont be breaking any serious laws, as i used to ship beer through usps all the time with no probl me, but just wanted to check in, as the ruled are always changing in the usa. Ty, happy holidays!

I ordered 70 seeds from Spain. Not only did I receive them without issues ... I got them in less than a week! I even got 10 freebie seeds for my reward.

Seeds
Exceptionaldragon

Exceptionaldragon

It can happen. But I haven't had any problems in many, many years.
Just do your due diligence researching breeders.

But when you say it can happen, you just mean getting bad seeds or losing package right? Not having cops show up :P

Ty all!!!

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

But when you say it can happen, you just mean getting bad seeds or losing package right? Not having cops show up :P

Ty all!!!

A few years ago, I remember some customers of a specific seedbank that got a message from the USPS (i think) that said something to the effect of "you package has been confiscated." It seemed that the seedbank might have been targeted by the man and they were intercepting the packages being sent out. As far as I know, nothing ever came of it. That seedbank is still operating as if nothing happened and nobody had the cops come to their door.

Just remember "Seeds? What seeds? I don't know anything about any seeds. I have no idea what your talking about. No, you can't come in. Come back with a warrant" :-)
Don't worry. That wont happen anyway.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

there are no "legal" states.... when considering risk. not yet.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

A few years ago, I remember some customers of a specific seedbank that got a message from the USPS (i think) that said something to the effect of "you package has been confiscated." It seemed that the seedbank might have been targeted by the man and they were intercepting the packages being sent out. As far as I know, nothing ever came of it. That seedbank is still operating as if nothing happened and nobody had the cops come to their door.

Just remember "Seeds? What seeds? I don't know anything about any seeds. I have no idea what your talking about. No, you can't come in. Come back with a warrant" :-)
Don't worry. That wont happen anyway.
i read that somewhere.
also read n prolly from same article- something to the effect of- when customs snatches ur stash (international ordering, obviously)- you'll get that letter and in the case of "that story", nothing was further pursued. if we "heard" that about same source.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I ordered 70 seeds from Spain. Not only did I receive them without issues ... I got them in less than a week! I even got 10 freebie seeds for my reward.
Which bank and did they take a credit cards? I’d like to try em

Seraphine

Seraphine

cops won’t show up for seeds and even if they do (which they won’t) they would need a search warrant to enter your house. Seeds alone is not enough for a warrant. Worst that will happen is the seeds will be confiscated in the mail. the only reason you’d get caught growing is if you sell your product which is illegal everywhere in the states unless you have the proper licenses. Even having someone rat you out isn’t enough to justify a search warrant. You would need to be trafficking or distribution (which you aren’t).

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oaseeds. I tried to use my Chase mastercard. It was declined due to being an international

Oaseeds. They do accept credit cards.

P.S. I sent details in private conversation.

newh

newh

dont sweat buying seeds.If you order from overseas customs might get them but probably not.Theres plenty of US banks if you look around so the customs thing isnt even an issue

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Im in an illegal state and have been buying seeds at this location for 9 years never a problem, only an idiot cop would bust you for beans, once you germanate is another story.

Galvatron

Galvatron

If you are really paranoid, use bitcoin for payment. You don't have to be a "cryptonut." Just convert enough dollars, rubles, or whatever currency is normal for you to make the purchase. In the USA, research Coinbase. It's a legit exchange that deals with cryptocurrency. Usually, seed banks offer a 10-20% discount for using cryptocurrency so why not?! Then, if crazy paranoid, you can use a false name for your address. When the package arrives, write on it "addressee unknown. Return to sender" and set it asside for a couple days. If the law shows up, (THEY WON'T) it will be right after you get the package and your defense is already set. I have had one package seized. It was opened by the USDA (Dept of Agriculture) because they don't like foreign seeds entering the USA. The opened package was delivered with a cheap set of ear buds (the diversion item) and a note from the USDA informing that seeds were removed. I didn't elect to buy "insurance" from the seed bank so I was out $200.00! All of this happened several years ago. Many successful purchases after that, always buy the seed bank insurance. They will resend if this happens.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

If you want to leave the least trail possible, use trusted Seedbanks, that also accept Cash. A person couldn't be to paranoid if you would use a Credit/Bank Card, of which I Have many times, but usually send cash. ALL USA Orders Ive done have been in Cash. Have been buying seeds since the early 80s when they first started selling them.
If you have no paper trail, you are not responsible what comes to you through the mail, until you accept the package, and open it.
Your worst enemy could send you anything, then report you
Ive had at least 5 orders seized by Customs coming from Europe, but all they do is usually put a sticker on it, and inform you content is removed, and you can challenge the seizure and they give an address to send a form, and I think its $25 to have them go over your seizure.

But Id say its less the 1% risk from within USA, and they aren't going to do anything about seeds anyway.

Ive also had clones sent, and never a problem.

Im in an unfriendly state. One of the worst.

ozman

ozman

howdy
from my past experience with getting genetics(i got busted lost everything but my clothes,lost my job,401k etc).
when i got done with my appointed punishment in the legal systemI too faced the same problem.I used to use attitude seedbank and others,that was what lead to my downfall.So i searched and asked and found a few places,but had to worry about being scammed,you never know what you are getting until you grow it out.
I ended up at greenpoint,in the states,they take crypto,cash mo. So far great success,good people to deal with.
They are around just gotta find a good retailer and build trust in their product.I will never go back to over seas HELL NO,gotta love usps,the original file sharing network.

Exceptionaldragon

Exceptionaldragon

howdy
from my past experience with getting genetics(i got busted lost everything but my clothes,lost my job,401k etc).
when i got done with my appointed punishment in the legal systemI too faced the same problem.I used to use attitude seedbank and others,that was what lead to my downfall.So i searched and asked and found a few places,but had to worry about being scammed,you never know what you are getting until you grow it out.
I ended up at greenpoint,in the states,they take crypto,cash mo. So far great success,good people to deal with.
They are around just gotta find a good retailer and build trust in their product.I will never go back to over seas HELL NO,gotta love usps,the original file sharing network.

damn, really, how'd you get busted? I thought attitude was pretty legit, was it just the customs, or was this before we had so many legal states?

i've bought all the seeds i need at this point with no issue but am still curious as to what happened!

Top Bottom