Any Roots Organics Nute users...I need some advice...

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds. My baby sweet tooth is now at 4 weeks and after using roots potting soil w/ FF light warrior she's starting to show signs of hunger...with yellowing leaves and what have you.

Tommorow I plan on giving her her first round of nutes but idk how much I should use.

I should have given her nutes a week back but better late than never.

The roots organics nute program says that in this stage of the veg cycle I should be giving her :

15ml of buddha grow
5ml of seaweed extract
15ml of trinity - carbs, P & K

Would doing 5ml each of grow and trinity with 2 ml of seaweed extract be okay?

or should I use an even smaller amount since this is her first feeding?

All help is appreciated!

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Hey buds. My baby sweet tooth is now at 4 weeks and after using roots potting soil w/ FF light warrior she's starting to show signs of hunger...with yellowing leaves and what have you.

Tommorow I plan on giving her her first round of nutes but idk how much I should use.

I should have given her nutes a week back but better late than never.

The roots organics nute program says that in this stage of the veg cycle I should be giving her :

15ml of buddha grow
5ml of seaweed extract
15ml of trinity - carbs, P & K

Would doing 5ml each of grow and trinity with 2 ml of seaweed extract be okay?

or should I use an even smaller amount since this is her first feeding?

All help is appreciated!

I honestly feel like, and have been told by the Roots Organics rep, that the 5ml Master Program works best. over 10ml of their products constantly is going to give you a lockout. Too much salinity.

I still with 5ml for everything in their line up.

The yellowing could be some N deff, try adding some of Aurora's products like Amino-Aide (5-0-0) in your reg. My ladies love that product. Even into flower.

My 2cents, and btw, check out my journals, detailed info on my nute reg with Aurora and Roots products. (also roots soil). You can check out what I get done with the advice im giving.

Hope I helped some!

PS: When your girls are 'lil ones, less is more. Start with 2.5ml even and work up to 10ml if you wanna push em that hard. Check your PPM's and pH after nutes added, and check runoff as well.

G

GrimloxK

og thats great advice...I never got the balls to call the roots guys up.

I had the same Idea to start out smaller but I figured if i'm starting nutes at this late in the game as according to their schedule i'd up the ante so to speak.

I hear you when you say over 10ml may cause lockout...my first grow of red dragon I mistakenly was using their old schedule which had me giving my plant a total of 65 ml per gallon of all their products...come to find out that the new schedule is wayyyy less than that.

OG can you vouch for the master program? I've wated to give it a try but I'm scared of some type of build-up...

I'll def check out your grows...

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I had the same Idea to start out smaller but I figured if i'm starting nutes at this late in the game as according to their schedule i'd up the ante so to speak.

I hear you when you say over 10ml may cause lockout...my first grow of red dragon I mistakenly was using their old schedule which had me giving my plant a total of 65 ml per gallon of all their products...come to find out that the new schedule is wayyyy less than that.

OG can you vouch for the master program? I've wated to give it a try but I'm scared of some type of build-up...

Check my grows bro. I use a VERY tweaked version of the 5ml master program. I sub some Roots and Aurora products for each other and sub others out completely for other brands. I'll give you a rundown of what im using.

NOT ONE do i use over 7.5ml during the WHOLE plants life. 7.5 being BigSwell and PeaK at their last feeding before flush.

I used a feed water feed reg. But when it says water, I use 1.5gals, instead of just 1 when I feed.

My ppm's never go above 1100 unless I screwed up, I had lock out issues earlier in my grows due to NOT watering with pure h20 in my reg. Screwed me hard. Buds didnt reach full potential!

-Buddha Grow (start at 2.5ml, then to 5ml, back to 2.5 half way through flower)
-Aurora Bloom, instead of buddha bloom. 5ml all the time.
-Aurora BigSwell, instead of HP2, or HPK by Roots Organics.
-Aurora PeaK, " ."
-Roots Organics Trinity, switch to Liquid Karma every other feed. 5ml here too
-Nitrozyme, instead of Extreme Serene for a kelp foliar and feed in additive as well.
-GH Rapid Start, promote fast and vigorous roots. (my own additive to my MasterProgram)
-Aurora Amino-Aide, 5ml throughout plant life, till 4 weeks before harvest.

Those are the products I use mostly. I think I got em covered...I have GO CalMg+ and Botanicare CalMg on hand in case of any need. But that pretty much covers it. I stay simple in veg, slap in the face late flower.

I've gotten some good results from Roots and Aurora products.

oh and PS: I didnt call the rep lol, talked to one in person at a vendor day!

IN CONCLUSION, lol. I can vouch for the master program to a degree. Hope I could help ya bro! :banana1sv6:

G

GrimloxK

good advice...I think i'm gonna start using the master program starting tomorrow. Thing is i'm trying to keep it organic so i'm probably gonna stick with their organic line up and see how that goes.

I got neptunes harvest seaweed extract instead of extreme serene myself. I'm gonna mix that with some BioAg Ful-humix and use that as a foliar starting next week.

justiceman

justiceman

Hey I've used all of their products and schedules(Roots, Master, Soul) and I agree with OG that the master schedule is indeed damn good. I'm thinking the reason it works well at such low dosage is also because of the addition of EWC/Dry food as well as the fact the amino aid is 5-0-0. As you noticed though technically the master schedule isn't fully organic.

Either way I'm unsure of how hungry your plant is because there are no pictures but if you say she hasn't been fed for 4 weeks I'd probably give her the full Roots Organics dose especially considering you cut the soil with LW witch has no food at all.

Although the safe route is to start out with small amounts of nutes and work your way up as OG said sometimes you gotta take a chance or else you'll be playing catch up and the lady won't be pushed to her potential.

I don't think a lockout would happen with a full dose because of the organic nature of the nutes, If anything It'd probably take a week for them to take effect at least.

G

GrimloxK

heres the thing tho bros....I'm only using the roots organics nute lineup except for ancient amber (replaced with bioag ful-humix for foliar spray and maybe a soil drench) and extreme serene (replaced with neptunes harvest seaweed extract).

Since i'm not using amino aide, or any soul synthetics products...you think i'll be okay?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

heres the thing tho bros....I'm only using the roots organics nute lineup except for ancient amber (replaced with bioag ful-humix for foliar spray and maybe a soil drench) and extreme serene (replaced with neptunes harvest seaweed extract).

Since i'm not using amino aide, or any soul synthetics products...you think i'll be okay?

The only thing I might be a lil worried about (LITTLE) is the Roots lineup doesnt have a strong N dose in any of their products...

Amino-Aide is a good addition man, If i were to use ONLY ONE product from the non organic line it would be Amino-Aide. My girls seem to be MUCH happier after the feedings that I add 5ml Amino-Aide too.

justiceman

justiceman

OG is right for sure man. If you don't want or can't get the amino aide then I would just try upping the dose on the grow IF YOU NEED TO. It's funny because the schedule says no more then 15ml grow per gallon, but if you read the bottles instructions it says that is only for small plants. Mature plants says 25-30ml grow per gallon.

T

TheVenusflytrap

roots organic soil and nutes suck the big one had problems with lockout also mag defs i also noticed that the soil holds water forever and causes problems with lock up and bad salts. There is a product out called nectar for the gods all organic aswell its newer than roots well to the east coast anyway had way better results and its half the price check it out if ya get the time good line of mac nutes and micro

G

GrimloxK

Buds I have a question.

I also feel like the N in the buddha grow is lacking...but following this master program i've come up with a dilemma and semi-solution but I need some advice.

Since I don't have either big swell nor amino-aide could I bump up some of my other nutes to help balance the NPK out?

Since amino aide and big swell have big numbers (5-0-0) and (2-5-3) respectively...could I do 10 ml of grow, 10 ml of bloom and start using HPK (0-5-4) in a reduced amount to help substitute what i'm missing?

I'd probably use 12.5 ml of buddga grow for the first 3-4 weeks of flower to replace the amino-aide I don't have and just start using HPK at maybe 2.5ml or more for everyweek starting now.

what do you buds think?

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Buds I have a question.

I also feel like the N in the buddha grow is lacking...but following this master program i've come up with a dilemma and semi-solution but I need some advice.

Since I don't have either big swell nor amino-aide could I bump up some of my other nutes to help balance the NPK out?

Since amino aide and big swell have big numbers (5-0-0) and (2-5-3) respectively...could I do 10 ml of grow, 10 ml of bloom and start using HPK (0-5-4) in a reduced amount to help substitute what i'm missing?

I'd probably use 12.5 ml of buddga grow for the first 3-4 weeks of flower to replace the amino-aide I don't have and just start using HPK at maybe 2.5ml or more for everyweek starting now.

what do you buds think?

Could work...I love the Amino-Aide product, not only for the N supp. but for its other ingredients. Overall my plants just dig the SHIT out of that product when added to their reg. Its a good buy man...

BUT since your using organics only, I feel like you should just try it and see what happens. Overfert shouldn't be to much of a problem since your using organics...Just give it a whirl!

G

GrimloxK

Thanks OG...heres another question that justiceman touched on on the first page...

Since I've been using 3ml of each product...will it cause shock to the plant if I go straight to 12.5 ml of Grow and 10ml of bloom?

I plan on feeding today and I feel justice was right when he said i'll prob have to play catch-up...so should I gradually increase the ml or just start at the higher rates because like you said with organics its hard to over-fert?

T

TheVenusflytrap

increase ur ppms slowly man maybe not shock but stress for sure bring em up like 50-100 every feeding till ur where u think u should be like 1100 1400 pending on what ur strain is telling ya

john martin

john martin

I know this thread is rather old, but for anyone reading this, I have been using the master feed schedule for a couple years now...

I use it with their 'original soil'.

Skipping the dry amendments or the foliar sprays is a big no-no with this line.

Also, I recommend making the dry amendments into a tea rather than dry-scratching :)

R

Robert Baker

Greetings i knoe this is hella late response to this post but ya new feed schedule all starts at 5ml and future you should feed 3 days following your first transplant . and dont forget to use oregonisiam XL while transplanting get some on your hands and touch roots with it. And watering it in otherwise is best method. Also dont feed anything for 3 days after watering it in. Switch back and forth with foliar sprays of extreme serene and ancient amber. Surge is my favorite product and your plant will thank you. And the Nitrogen product they have is very potent. Deffinitly the one you should start at 1/4 strength and never exceed 1/2 the recommended dosage. Make sure you have plebty of runoff when using roots soil and this line as they have more salts than any soil . can and will build up. Must check the soil ph often too. Get the soul line involved if you want great results. Infinity, Amino Aide, Peek and Bud swell are their top products. Gnats for days with roots soil. I have stopped using this soil cause of salts and fact nectar for the gods #4 soil is top knotch. Make sure you got a enzyme too. If you use the full line it doesnt dissapoint. And it needs added calcium to the schedule.

R

Robert Baker

Could work...I love the Amino-Aide product, not only for the N supp. but for its other ingredients. Overall my plants just dig the SHIT out of that product when added to their reg. Its a good buy man...

BUT since your using organics only, I feel like you should just try it and see what happens. Overfert shouldn't be to much of a problem since your using organics...Just give it a whirl!
This line can and will burn your plants. Always start this line at half dose.

Scottyyy23

Scottyyy23

The 5ml from what i understand is if you have most of the nutes for it, but I'm not sure. I'm using them and the 5ml in veg wasnt enough for me, but then I got more of their line,, basically most, then it seemed to be enough

Top Bottom