Any tips for coco coir growing ?

• Thread starter Steve705
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steve705

Steve705

Hey guys. About to start my first coco coir grow. 3 gal fabric pots. Going to attempt another round at autoflowers. I’ve been reading as much as I can. Any tips from coco growers would be awesome. Thanks 🙏🏻

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
And cal / mag every water in 70/30 coco perlite mix .

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Hey guys. About to start my first coco coir grow. 3 gal fabric pots. Going to attempt another round at autoflowers. I’ve been reading as much as I can. Any tips from coco growers would be awesome. Thanks 🙏🏻

Check into autopots.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

steve start them in solo cups first,you thank me later,i never go over 3 gal pots,it is better to keep them fresh then just water once a day imo,some say 7gal and once a day feeding,i disagree,the whole coco experience is to get the best bang for your buck,i prefer to waste nutes and provide fresh air and nutes to my plants in 2 ways,first i feed twice a day,next i feed to 30% runoff,therefor flushing old nutes from my pots every time i feed.
salt build up in coco isnt a guess it is a fact ,it will happen,by the excess runoff that issue is nill and void,simple
you can control all these factors with a simple ph pen and a tds meter,the numbers tell you when the plant feeds and when it dont,if you keep the root zone clear of buildup ,you pretty much have a work horse at hand,just feed ,i also sugest using the hannah feed schedule for cannabis,pretty much dead on for stage of growth and feeding requirments,all though i never push my plants you could if you wanted too,i never go past 900 ppm with mine, once i feel im at about 2 weeks from harvest,i start workng the ec value backwards and by harvest im right back to were i started on ec,makes for easy cure,my last grow after the dry to a ideal snap,wasnt a need for a cure,it was smooth and tasty right after,so been smoking it since.
anyway no one else was giving any real info ,thought i would give a little ,hope it helps mate

Steve705

Steve705

steve start them in solo cups first,you thank me later,i never go over 3 gal pots,it is better to keep them fresh then just water once a day imo,some say 7gal and once a day feeding,i disagree,the whole coco experience is to get the best bang for your buck,i prefer to waste nutes and provide fresh air and nutes to my plants in 2 ways,first i feed twice a day,next i feed to 30% runoff,therefor flushing old nutes from my pots every time i feed.
salt build up in coco isnt a guess it is a fact ,it will happen,by the excess runoff that issue is nill and void,simple
you can control all these factors with a simple ph pen and a tds meter,the numbers tell you when the plant feeds and when it dont,if you keep the root zone clear of buildup ,you pretty much have a work horse at hand,just feed ,i also sugest using the hannah feed schedule for cannabis,pretty much dead on for stage of growth and feeding requirments,all though i never push my plants you could if you wanted too,i never go past 900 ppm with mine, once i feel im at about 2 weeks from harvest,i start workng the ec value backwards and by harvest im right back to were i started on ec,makes for easy cure,my last grow after the dry to a ideal snap,wasnt a need for a cure,it was smooth and tasty right after,so been smoking it since.
anyway no one else was giving any real info ,thought i would give a little ,hope it helps mate
Awesome Info. Thanks for the tips 👌🏻

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

never feed coco just water, always something in it even it it is only cal mag,never water only,even when flushing i put something in it,never let it dry,it designed to stay wet,the constant feeding keeps every thing fresh,another reason for the runoff.
a great start is with ph correct coco,you can buy the cheap stuff ,but it has no buffer in it,you will have to put it in.
i grow several ways ,coco is my go to wen i need quick product and need to shutdown for the summer months.
no boasters and all that stuff ,it gets plenty of loving from just feeding,you will, have some stanky and sticky ass plants hahaha,if you need more help plenty of folks to help out bro

GrassTown

GrassTown

never feed coco just water, always something in it even it it is only cal mag,never water only,even when flushing i put something in it,never let it dry,it designed to stay wet,the constant feeding keeps every thing fresh,another reason for the runoff.
a great start is with ph correct coco,you can buy the cheap stuff ,but it has no buffer in it,you will have to put it in.
i grow several ways ,coco is my go to wen i need quick product and need to shutdown for the summer months.
no boasters and all that stuff ,it gets plenty of loving from just feeding,you will, have some stanky and sticky ass plants hahaha,if you need more help plenty of folks to help out bro
Really eh? You don't even use just fresh to flush? I'm curious as to why

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I’d say coco is not for the novice grower. Get dialed in with soil and learn to read the plants. Things can go wrong, really fast. Good luck and happy grows.
Burnz

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Really eh? You don't even use just fresh to flush? I'm curious as to why
it is a act of congress to get that buffer back in the coco if you flush a plant in coco with plain water,by the time your buffer is back your plant is in a loc out from lack of both calcium and magnesium,not to mention all the other micro nutrient you feed the coco,not plant but coco,think about this,coco husk is only grown by salt water right,well salt is a plants enemy if it has to much,so when you flush with reg water you wash all minerals out leaving the salt /coco to dry as a food source between feeding,
so to avoid all this right out the gate is feed to a 30% runoff and you never have to flush at all,if by chance your a over feeder you may need to flush in between if you do rinse all of the crap out but never give up the buffer,a gallon of 6.0 ph and 150ppm of calmag is a food source .
if you feed your plant that morning all is well plant loves it,get a stoner day going and get lax and mess the feed up that plant gonna tell you in a quick way,so from adequte runoff and low ppm value you still rinse the screwup away but not the buffer being cal mag.
biggest tip is make your daily feed for both feeds at first feed,if it dont like it you can imediatly fix it,in my 3/3 gal pots of coco i mix 2 gal of feed to feed twice a day,lights on and hour before lights out ,the plant is use to the same feed so there isnt a change by mixing as you go,like i said ,im a stoner and a very forgetful stoner these days,so i mess up in about 30 min max im gonna know i have a problem,i feed and wait about 2 min and suck the stuff out with shop vac,20 min after that i come back and vacum again to get it all out,i dont let my plants stand in water,so by vacum end the plant will say hey hey hey or you stupid mofo put that shit gown and love me hahahah

sambapati

sambapati

Lil D -- what ratio of urine to water are you using and do you add additional nutes to that mixture? thanks man

Top Bottom