Any way to lower tolerance?

• Thread starter Garbage_bear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Hello stoners! So I have terrible chronic pain. I have opted to take a non narcotic route. That basically means I take a daily handful of non narcotic pain pills, Kratom and Cannabis to make it through the day. It is a hard life and Cannabis has helped tremendously. The problem is I am taking about a gram of RSO a day in one dose and it barely gets me stoned. I have to stop smoking because it is affecting my lungs negatively. I am about a 300 pound dude because this pain has made exercise non existent. Any physical activity makes me crippled.

I don't take Cannabis to just have a good time. It is life saving for me. Jesus and weed is about the only thing keeping me on this earth besides my family. Is there any way to lower my tolerance besides abstaining from Cannabis? Thanks in advance.

TSD

TSD

Hello stoners! So I have terrible chronic pain. I have opted to take a non narcotic route. That basically means I take a daily handful of non narcotic pain pills, Kratom and Cannabis to make it through the day. It is a hard life and Cannabis has helped tremendously. The problem is I am taking about a gram of RSO a day in one dose and it barely gets me stoned. I have to stop smoking because it is affecting my lungs negatively. I am about a 300 pound dude because this pain has made exercise non existent. Any physical activity makes me crippled.

I don't take Cannabis to just have a good time. It is life saving for me. Jesus and weed is about the only thing keeping me on this earth besides my family. Is there any way to lower my tolerance besides abstaining from Cannabis? Thanks in advance.
Aside from a tolerance break and switching up strains, not sure there is much to be done unfortunately. I just took a 3 week break for the same reason, but I don't have extreme pain. A gram of RSO is a lot! One dot does me ok usually.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Aside from a tolerance break and switching up strains, not sure there is much to be done unfortunately. I just took a 3 week break for the same reason, but I don't have extreme pain. A gram of RSO is a lot! One dot does me ok usually.
Yeah I know it is ridiculous amount to take. Probably won't get cancer lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

This is the vape I use, it's a lot easier on the lungs than any other way of smoking I've tried, which is all of the ways lol. Now when I smoke a dube it seems sooo harsh... plus you can taste all the terps and yummy flavors with the vape and control the temp to make it less harsh, and even add a bubbler attachment to further cool the vapor. Also, I do organic growing and wash my buds, which helps. I'd say make some strong edibles... but it doesn't get much stronger than RSO lol.

Ponky

Ponky

I would try a broader spectrum of extracts. Try all the options and make sure you're taking the right stuff. Some tinctures are better than others. Cutting weight can help. CBD isolate might be something you want to supplement. Just have to experiment. Isolates and decarboxylated tinctures can be very therapeutic. If not over whelming for some.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Do a google search on THCP. I’ll be back on a real keyboard later
Wow that looks awesome.
This is the vape I use, it's a lot easier on the lungs than any other way of smoking I've tried, which is all of the ways lol. Now when I smoke a dube it seems sooo harsh... plus you can taste all the terps and yummy flavors with the vape and control the temp to make it less harsh, and even add a bubbler attachment to further cool the vapor. Also, I do organic growing and wash my buds, which helps. I'd say make some strong edibles... but it doesn't get much stronger than RSO lol.
Thats expe$ive! Lots of good reviews though.

TSD

TSD

Wow that looks awesome.

Thats expe$ive! Lots of good reviews though.
It is, I actually have the first generation one, which is cheaper now. Vaporizer Chief always has a coupon code. I had mine for two years, sent it back to be refurbished because the battery was no longer working well, and they sent me a brand new unit. Great company, I highly recommend, totally worth it. I got mine as a 35th birthday present to myself lol, I think I paid like 275 after the coupon code and such.

TSD

TSD

Anything Storz and Bickel is absolutely top of the line. Their volcano digital is very popular aswell. Premium item.
German engineering! The mighty was the only dry herb vape approved for medicinal use when I bought it... that may have since changed. I'd love to have a volcano but they're like 7 hundo. I've lent it to 3 of my friends to give it a solid test, they've all gone on to buy one... I should get some commission at this point. 🤣

Ponky

Ponky

German engineering! The mighty was the only dry herb vape approved for medicinal use when I bought it... that may have since changed. I'd love to have a volcano but they're like 7 hundo. I've lent it to 3 of my friends to give it a solid test, they've all gone on to buy one... I should get some commission at this point. 🤣
I still have mine. But yeah it's at a buddies house. I'm all about extracts now. Things a beast.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

It is, I actually have the first generation one, which is cheaper now. Vaporizer Chief always has a coupon code. I had mine for two years, sent it back to be refurbished because the battery was no longer working well, and they sent me a brand new unit. Great company, I highly recommend, totally worth it. I got mine as a 35th birthday present to myself lol, I think I paid like 275 after the coupon code and such.
So can you actually taste the terpenes and such? The dude at the head shop talked me out of a flower vape because he said they have no good flavor. He said it just kind of taste like nuts. He said it is weird flavor. maybe he was just selling junk?

TSD

TSD

So can you actually taste the terpenes and such? The dude at the head shop talked me out of a flower vape because he said they have no good flavor. He said it just kind of taste like nuts. He said it is weird flavor. maybe he was just selling junk?
Oh for sure, I mean after a few good pulls the tasties are burnt off and when it's close to spent it starts to taste like ... popcorn ish? But by that point I'm dumping it cause I grow enough weed too be bougie lol. But those first few drags, it basically tastes like it smells in the jar and I'm kind of ruined to smoking any other way now. You also have to dial in your temp, I usually start at 370... if you start high you don't get the tasty terps, I had a cheap model as my first vape, an apx, like 60 bucks, thought it was tits at the time, but now it's like comparing a donkey to a thoroughbred 🤣 My husband was like "You spent HOW MUCH on this thing?!" Then he tried it and was like "ok, nevermind, worth every penny."

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Oh for sure, I mean after a few good pulls the tasties are burnt off and when it's close to spent it starts to taste like ... popcorn ish? But by that point I'm dumping it cause I grow enough weed too be bougie lol. But those first few drags, it basically tastes like it smells in the jar and I'm kind of ruined to smoking any other way now. You also have to dial in your temp, I usually start at 370... if you start high you don't get the tasty terps, I had a cheap model as my first vape, an apx, like 60 bucks, thought it was tits at the time, but now it's like comparing a donkey to a thoroughbred 🤣 My husband was like "You spent HOW MUCH on this thing?!" Then he tried it and was like "ok, nevermind, worth every penny."
At what temperature do you taste the most terps?

TSD

TSD

At what temperature do you taste the most terps?
Well they all burn at different temps I think... I let it heat to like 200 or so before loading so I don't needlessly scorch the trichs... I usually take a puff before it's hot enough to actually vaporize the flower, but some of the trichs burn, like around 350 or 360... you won't get much smoke but it's tasty as hell. It really starts to vaporize at like 370, 372 is the recommended temp to start at I believe... at 380 it starts to get a little more harsh, the unit goes up to 410, which you will start to combust it at that point, which is what we're trying to avoid by vaping, your remnants should be a nice uniform golden brown when spent, not black, black means it's burning, not vaporizing. Also can't pack tight like a bowl, just loose pack to there is air to evenly vaporize. It's important to only use bud that is properly cured and not overly dry, the vaporization process requires moisture to work.... that's probably why the guy at the dispensary steered you away from a dry herb vape... because any commercially grown, over dry, not properly cured bud will for sure taste like shit and be harsh as hell in a dry herb vape... and he probably didn't want you catching on to the fact that most dispensary weed is bunk lol.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter

I suffer with chronic pain and severe nerve damage down my side and I can tell you right now anytime I've tried to take cannabis when I'm in pain I never get high all it does is deal with the pain I don't know that I don't know that it's possible to get high when you're in a lot of pain at least not for me

TSD

TSD

I suffer with chronic pain and severe nerve damage down my side and I can tell you right now anytime I've tried to take cannabis when I'm in pain I never get high all it does is deal with the pain I don't know that I don't know that it's possible to get high when you're in a lot of pain at least not for me
Yeah I would say that's accurate. I find that ingesting it It's more effective for pain so maybe you need a 2 tier approach eat some for pain smoke some for head buzz. Even if I'm not feeling any pain I find that ingesting it usually only gives me a body buzz so I don't really feel high per se, I guessit'sa different high. I also make a nice balm in my magic butter machine with coconut oil and a bunch of essential oils that makes a nice topical pain reliever with a relaxing effect if you use enough... but nerve pain is pretty hard to touch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom