Any way to lower tolerance?

• Thread starter Garbage_bear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Well they all burn at different temps I think... I let it heat to like 200 or so before loading so I don't needlessly scorch the trichs... I usually take a puff before it's hot enough to actually vaporize the flower, but some of the trichs burn, like around 350 or 360... you won't get much smoke but it's tasty as hell. It really starts to vaporize at like 370, 372 is the recommended temp to start at I believe... at 380 it starts to get a little more harsh, the unit goes up to 410, which you will start to combust it at that point, which is what we're trying to avoid by vaping, your remnants should be a nice uniform golden brown when spent, not black, black means it's burning, not vaporizing. Also can't pack tight like a bowl, just loose pack to there is air to evenly vaporize. It's important to only use bud that is properly cured and not overly dry, the vaporization process requires moisture to work.... that's probably why the guy at the dispensary steered you away from a dry herb vape... because any commercially grown, over dry, not properly cured bud will for sure taste like shit and be harsh as hell in a dry herb vape... and he probably didn't want you catching on to the fact that most dispensary weed is bunk lol.
Good point. Pretty much all of the dispensary weed I have bought is harsh, dry and crumbly and expensive. Corporate weed doesn't give it the love it needs to deliver nice medicine.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I suffer with chronic pain and severe nerve damage down my side and I can tell you right now anytime I've tried to take cannabis when I'm in pain I never get high all it does is deal with the pain I don't know that I don't know that it's possible to get high when you're in a lot of pain at least not for me
Yeah for me it just elevates my mood which helps me deal with the pain. And when I am really stoned the pain is there but you feel so good that it doesn't really matter. I think feeling good is very important when dealing with chronic pain. And the opiate pills are dangerous because they make you feel so good so I am trying to avoid them. As Joe Rogan says, "The only way weed will kill you is if someone drops a 25 brick of weed out of an airplane and it hits you on the head" lol

josefrahl

josefrahl

Hello stoners! So I have terrible chronic pain. I have opted to take a non narcotic route. That basically means I take a daily handful of non narcotic pain pills, Kratom and Cannabis to make it through the day. It is a hard life and Cannabis has helped tremendously. The problem is I am taking about a gram of RSO a day in one dose and it barely gets me stoned. I have to stop smoking because it is affecting my lungs negatively. I am about a 300 pound dude because this pain has made exercise non existent. Any physical activity makes me crippled.

I don't take Cannabis to just have a good time. It is life saving for me. Jesus and weed is about the only thing keeping me on this earth besides my family. Is there any way to lower my tolerance besides abstaining from Cannabis? Thanks in advance.
Are you taking the kratom in pill form? If so try breaking them open in a coffee cup, fill halfway with boiling water,mix well, cover and steep for 15 mins, and then add chocolate milk, mix well, and shotgun it. I chase with a small cup of juice because it tastes godawful. If I take dry kratom I need 4 - 5x the amount for the same results so you may want to rethink dosage if you try it. Or you'll puke from taking too much.

For tolerance- as has been mentioned having different strains helps me. I'll use 2 or 3 different strains every few days with very different terp profiles.

I also vape my buds as smoking will usually leave me hacking for a couple days unless I use a bong with like 5 percs, recyclers, and ice catcher. Even with vape I run it through a bong. I have a Volcano Classic and an E-Nano with adapters for each. I got both really cheap by just looking for coupons online for a couple months. Having both also helps with the tolerance issue as the 'high' feels different to me from each. Probably a heating thing.

Reactions: TSD
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Are you taking the kratom in pill form? If so try breaking them open in a coffee cup, fill halfway with boiling water,mix well, cover and steep for 15 mins, and then add chocolate milk, mix well, and shotgun it. I chase with a small cup of juice because it tastes godawful. If I take dry kratom I need 4 - 5x the amount for the same results so you may want to rethink dosage if you try it. Or you'll puke from taking too much.

For tolerance- as has been mentioned having different strains helps me. I'll use 2 or 3 different strains every few days with very different terp profiles.

I also vape my buds as smoking will usually leave me hacking for a couple days unless I use a bong with like 5 percs, recyclers, and ice catcher. Even with vape I run it through a bong. I have a Volcano Classic and an E-Nano with adapters for each. I got both really cheap by just looking for coupons online for a couple months. Having both also helps with the tolerance issue as the 'high' feels different to me from each. Probably a heating thing.
I am taking the powder. Like I said I am almost 300 lbs so I have to take a large dose. I take 20 grams and just choke it down with water and a coke. Disgusting. I am amazed how well it works but it is gross lol. To me choking down that disgusting powder keeps me from abusing it. It is not pleasant to take. Mostly I take Green Maeng Da. Works well for a few hours.

TSD

TSD

@Garbage_bear have you tried swimming for exercise? I think it's the least hard on you if you have a damaged body, especially with the help of a floaty lol. I don't know what kind if pain you suffer from, but being sedentary and overweight exasperates some issues, my husband is pretty messed up as well as overweight and can't really exercise without dying for days... but he can handle some light swimming. Also some of the easier yoga poses might be doable for you, and the meditation aspect of yoga practice is great for the spirit. Careful taking too much Kratom, it can cause liver damage over time w high doses, and it's actually pretty addictive... I have a buddy who was taking it regularly and decided to stop and had straight up withdrawal symptoms for a good week or so. Sending you good vibes!

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

@Garbage_bear have you tried swimming for exercise? I think it's the least hard on you if you have a damaged body, especially with the help of a floaty lol. I don't know what kind if pain you suffer from, but being sedentary and overweight exasperates some issues, my husband is pretty messed up as well as overweight and can't really exercise without dying for days... but he can handle some light swimming. Also some of the easier yoga poses might be doable for you, and the meditation aspect of yoga practice is great for the spirit. Careful taking too much Kratom, it can cause liver damage over time w high doses, and it's actually pretty addictive... I have a buddy who was taking it regularly and decided to stop and had straight up withdrawal symptoms for a good week or so. Sending you good vibes!
I never even thought about swimming. That may be a good idea. I didn't know about liver damage with Kratom. That doesn't sounds groovy. That makes me want to quit Kratom. I wish just the herb would be enough.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I am taking the powder. Like I said I am almost 300 lbs so I have to take a large dose. I take 20 grams and just choke it down with water and a coke. Disgusting. I am amazed how well it works but it is gross lol. To me choking down that disgusting powder keeps me from abusing it. It is not pleasant to take. Mostly I take Green Maeng Da. Works well for a few hours.
Try making it into the tea. I've been taking it for about 15 years, am about the same size as you, and while the 'high' from it has worn off from it for me, the pain relief and anxiety relief is still there. My dose is 2 teaspoons not sure what that is in grams. I mix green maeng da with red about 3:1 or else I get too sleepy, and straight red I feel like I'm on speed.

@TSD - 1st I've ever heard of someone being addicted. Like I said, I've been taking it for 15 years. I have good weeks and bad with my symptoms, and if they're good I don't use it and have never had a withdrawal. Also, where are you getting the liver damage thing from? I know the DEA pushed it, but all toxicology tests I've seen say it's safer and lower toxicity than St. John's Wart.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Try making it into the tea. I've been taking it for about 15 years, am about the same size as you, and while the 'high' from it has worn off from it for me, the pain relief and anxiety relief is still there. My dose is 2 teaspoons not sure what that is in grams. I mix green maeng da with red about 3:1 or else I get too sleepy, and straight red I feel like I'm on speed.

@TSD - 1st I've ever heard of someone being addicted. Like I said, I've been taking it for 15 years. I have good weeks and bad with my symptoms, and if they're good I don't use it and have never had a withdrawal. Also, where are you getting the liver damage thing from? I know the DEA pushed it, but all toxicology tests I've seen say it's safer and lower toxicity than St. John's Wart.
Wouldn't the tea taste gross?

josefrahl

josefrahl

Yep, lol. That's why I add chocolate milk. Muffles the taste a bit, and 'smooths' it out so I can chug it. It will bring out more of the active ingredients though, and let you take a smaller dose. If you can't stand it you just go back to the old way. I'll see if I can find the toxicity reports too. They were back from when the DEA was trying to make it illegal a while ago.

TSD

TSD

This has links to the studies cited at the bottom of the article.

I'm sure there are more... not trying to be a Debbie downer lol. That same friend was having reduced liver function and his doctor advised he stop taking the Kratom, then he realized he was super dependent, if not addicted to it.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Ok. Here's my thing. One is WebMD. Very corrupt website that used to say you could OD on cannabis and it was as addictive as heroine. The second seems anecdotal, and the studies on the bottom don't explain the numbers. What does the liver look like with other medicinal herbs in it like St John's Wart? I'm willing to bet it's the same. I know the AKA actually did a lot of toxicity and comparison tests, and had them peer reviewed, but I no longer have a computer to look at pdf's(using Ps4).

Feel sorry for your friend, but It sounds to me like your friend was mentally addicted like happens with cannabis. I was an alcoholic for almost 20 years, had a bit of liver damage so get tested regularly, and my liver is better than it's ever been after 15 years of kratom use.(I also use milk thistle for it).

Here is the AKA's science page https://www.americankratom.org/advocacy/science.html I think the report will be in there. The 1st link at the end of the paragraph is a study showing that it is as addictive as nutmeg.

Remember, just like the war against cannabis, there is a current war against kratom. So when researching you have to look for actual science, comparisons, peer reviews. Not just numbers. Google will give you the top results from the DEA narrative point of view. Not trying to be an a-hole, it's the sad state the world is in.

With all that being said abuse of ANYTHING is never a good thing, and it may be that kratom reacts different with different people and can be harmful to those sensitive to it, but I've also seen reports on kratom deaths, and they always leave out the other drugs involved in the death and blame the kratom just like it was with cannabis.

Ok, done hijacking your thread buddy, sorry.

TSD

TSD

Ok. Here's my thing. One is WebMD. Very corrupt website that used to say you could OD on cannabis and it was as addictive as heroine. The second seems anecdotal, and the studies on the bottom don't explain the numbers. What does the liver look like with other medicinal herbs in it like St John's Wart? I'm willing to bet it's the same. I know the AKA actually did a lot of toxicity and comparison tests, and had them peer reviewed, but I no longer have a computer to look at pdf's(using Ps4).

Feel sorry for your friend, but It sounds to me like your friend was mentally addicted like happens with cannabis. I was an alcoholic for almost 20 years, had a bit of liver damage so get tested regularly, and my liver is better than it's ever been after 15 years of kratom use.(I also use milk thistle for it).

Here is the AKA's science page https://www.americankratom.org/advocacy/science.html I think the report will be in there. The 1st link at the end of the paragraph is a study showing that it is as addictive as nutmeg.

Remember, just like the war against cannabis, there is a current war against kratom. So when researching you have to look for actual science, comparisons, peer reviews. Not just numbers. Google will give you the top results from the DEA narrative point of view. Not trying to be an a-hole, it's the sad state the world is in.

With all that being said abuse of ANYTHING is never a good thing, and it may be that kratom reacts different with different people and can be harmful to those sensitive to it, but I've also seen reports on kratom deaths, and they always leave out the other drugs involved in the death and blame the kratom just like it was with cannabis.

Ok, done hijacking your thread buddy, sorry.
Yeah I'm not a doctor or a scientist... plenty of things can kill your liver... there aren't enough studies to say one way or another... obviously big pharma wants anything natural to look scary... but your liver has to filter out everything you put in, so I was just saying be mindful of high doses of the stuff that's all... if you see no adverse effects, do it up.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Good point. Pretty much all of the dispensary weed I have bought is harsh, dry and crumbly and expensive. Corporate weed doesn't give it the love it needs to deliver nice medicine.
Yeah I bought dispensary once, Bubba Kush. Thought I was smoking hemp laced with speed after trying it. Tossed it quick and looked up an old friend who grew until I got my 1st harvest finished.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I am bumping this thread. I can't get high any more. I get a buzz for about fifteen minutes if I smoke but I took like 1000mg's of RSO last night and didn't feel anything. Gave me the shits though. So I guess the only way to lower tolerance is to quit for a while. That is not possible for me at the moment with my chronic pain. If the docs would prescribe something that worked that would be one thing but a steady diet of opiates are not a viable option. Anyone else in a similar situation? What works for you?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I am bumping this thread. I can't get high any more. I get a buzz for about fifteen minutes if I smoke but I took like 1000mg's of RSO last night and didn't feel anything. Gave me the shits though. So I guess the only way to lower tolerance is to quit for a while. That is not possible for me at the moment with my chronic pain. If the docs would prescribe something that worked that would be one thing but a steady diet of opiates are not a viable option. Anyone else in a similar situation? What works for you?
Tough situation dude sorry you are here

I would think switching to another molecule might help. Take a t break from delta 9 thc and maybe use something like this

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Tough situation dude sorry you are here

I would think switching to another molecule might help. Take a t break from delta 9 thc and maybe use something like this

Thats a good idea!

TomH

TomH

Thats a good idea!
Have you given psychedelics a try?
A large dose (heroic dose - 5 grams or more of magic mushrooms) has been shown to do some amazing things to the bodies natural pain processing center.
Many double blind studies by prominent universities have proven that psilocin (the actual active substance) can assist in managing pain for end of life patients, cancer patients etc.
It's pretty phenomenal, but have a good sitter and just let go for the ride.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Have you given psychedelics a try?
A large dose (heroic dose - 5 grams or more of magic mushrooms) has been shown to do some amazing things to the bodies natural pain processing center.
Many double blind studies by prominent universities have proven that psilocin (the actual active substance) can assist in managing pain for end of life patients, cancer patients etc.
It's pretty phenomenal, but have a good sitter and just let go for the ride.
When I was in high school I was very into psychedelics. I absolutely loved them, a little too much. I took massive amounts of LSD over a four year period while my young brain was still developing. One day I took some mushrooms and had a horrible trip that sent me off a course of disaster. It caused a chemical imbalance in my brain and I didn't come down from that horrible trip for about a year. I was gone mentally. Didn't eat, didn't sleep. Totally paranoid. Finally my folks found the right doc and he gave me meds that slowly brought me back to reality. So I'll just stick to weed lol.

Ponky

Ponky

I'm immune to edibles. I don't get high from smoking. I've been in chronic pain for a couple decades. And recently tried Cymbalta. It works well. It's not a opiate. Valium also helps. But you don't want to rely on those. Those are life altering. Longest I've quit for was a month. And within a day of smoking you're back to baseline.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I'm immune to edibles. I don't get high from smoking. I've been in chronic pain for a couple decades. And recently tried Cymbalta. It works well. It's not a opiate. Valium also helps. But you don't want to rely on those. Those are life altering. Longest I've quit for was a month. And within a day of smoking you're back to baseline.
That sucks. Not what I wanted to hear lol.

Top Bottom