Anybody do partial harvest?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have. I had a huge branchy stretchy sativa heavy hybrid and the tops were done but the lowers could go some more. So i chopped the top 18” of all the branches with the big buds and spread out and supported the lower half of the plant. After a week or 10 days all the little lower buds had bulked up and ripened perfectly. They ended up more potent than the earlier cut big top buds.

Just leave the leaves on down there so the plant can continue and watch for nammers from stress.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Okay sounds good cause my tops are really high compared to my lowers and I started my flush already cause I'm not sure when I'm gonna see some amber could be tomorrow or week from now so I started my flush Saturday 40 days in to flower

20190908 144422
Shotyoung

Shotyoung

I have. I had a huge branchy stretchy sativa heavy hybrid and the tops were done but the lowers could go some more. So i chopped the top 18” of all the branches with the big buds and spread out and supported the lower half of the plant. After a week or 10 days all the little lower buds had bulked up and ripened perfectly. They ended up more potent than the earlier cut big top buds.

Just leave the leaves on down there so the plant can continue and watch for nammers from stress.

MIM G do you think the stress may have caused the higher potency? It's good to know that the buds were able to still bulk up some after the stress.

Leeland I'm planning on doing this for next harvest but I was wanting to take a few medium buds when theres about 25% cloudy trics. Then the majority when all cloudy and ready and then finally harvest the remaining lower buds once the trics are 50% amber. I'm just curious as to how they all differ in effects.

Does anyone here know if this has been done before and if there's a grow with results?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIM G do you think the stress may have caused the higher potency? It's good to know that the buds were able to still bulk up some after the stress.

Leeland I'm planning on doing this for next harvest but I was wanting to take a few medium buds when theres about 25% cloudy trics. Then the majority when all cloudy and ready and then finally harvest the remaining lower buds once the trics are 50% amber. I'm just curious as to how they all differ in effects.

Does anyone here know if this has been done before and if there's a grow with results?

No i think the time to ripen made them more potent. Also i keep fertilizing lightly to the end so the plant has the nutrients it needs to properly finish. Well i may have water only’d the last time or two.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Okay sounds good cause my tops are really high compared to my lowers and I started my flush already cause I'm not sure when I'm gonna see some amber could be tomorrow or week from now so I started my flush Saturday 40 days in to flower

Those look too early still. Why flush before they are even done growing?

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I could add a gallon of newts lol she just had 4 gallons ran threw her what's a gallon of newts 😁 but it would be light newts

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

I'll give her another week I want some fire buds they look like there gotta hella close @MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll give her another week I want some fire buds they look like there gotta hella close @MIMedGrower

Not close. Patience is yield and potency.

When 80% of those white pistils have died back and turned dark then is when flushers flush and start looking at trichomes.

You are in peak flowering stage. And looks great!

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Not close. Patience is yield and potency.

When 80% of those white pistils have died back and turned dark then is when flushers flush and start looking at trichomes.

You are in peak flowering stage. And looks great!
Thanks for the info imma forsure use it I noticed she is getting way fatter and more nuggy forsure thanks man happy growing

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
My buddy runs multi rooms like me and does that. Chops all the tops and then waits a week or 2 and chops the rest of the plant. For me it never added up to enough extra weight to justify losing a flowering in a room for the year schedule. After 4 times you could have just ran another crop. It's situational for your setup but it does work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom