Anybody ever pull a branch too far down when tying down using LST and it starts splitting/peeling off of the main stem?!?!...

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

So i was just tying down some branches on my purple cotton candy auto flower and a thinner bench was bending, felt ok, and I went like one cm more and the top of where it branches out started to split from the main stem. So i then instead tied it to itself where it started splitting or peeling off....I hope that'll help it fix itself. It's only in day 5 of flower. If anybody had this happen and know how to help fix it please lmk... thanks.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Happens all the time. I've done it several times and lost a couple, saved a few more. Tape or wire or whatever to hold it in place so that it can heal. One trick is to squeeze the stem for an inch or so where you want it to bend, roll it in your fingers to crush some of the fibers, then bend it over.

E

elusiveshame

Happens all the time. I've done it several times and lost a couple, saved a few more. Tape or wire or whatever to hold it in place so that it can heal. One trick is to squeeze the stem for an inch or so where you want it to bend, roll it in your fingers to crush some of the fibers, then bend it over.
Ah. The Kushman chiropractic method šŸ˜…

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Posting pic of wear it tore, and how I tied it. Almost can't tell it did. But it separated like a quarter inch... I'm hoping it'll heal like that.

20230119 213329
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I snapped a branch off completely recently and taped it together with metal tape cause it was the only thing close. It has grown back stronger.

Seriously? That's crazy.
I snapped a branch off completely recently and taped it together with metal tape cause it was the only thing close. It has grown back stronger.

[URL

"Get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel" ... cuz we all got snorkels on hand..lmfao. that movie was the holy grail growing up. Lol. Word tho, I hope this does too...

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Seriously? That's crazy.

"Get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel" ... cuz we all got snorkels on hand..lmfao. that movie was the holy grail growing up. Lol. Word tho, I hope this does too...
Yeah they resilient af. Can cut the shit 100% clear off and so long as you tape it together fairly closely she will recover 100% if not better. It is possible the stress is what causes extra attention geared towards that area but I'm not sure. I do know I've had about 5 branches snap and tape works every time. Key is to do something pretty promptly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom