Anybody give me advice on lights ?

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi everyone I'm half way through my grow and everything's going well so far, I'm just using a hps light at the moment but I'm.thinking of switching to led Next grow, so my question is what size light would I need to get a decent yield ? I'm also going to be changing my medium next time to gold leaf 60/40 mix, I will be growing 4 plants in a tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m. And advice is greatly appreciated

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi everyone I'm half way through my grow and everything's going well so far, I'm just using a hps light at the moment but I'm.thinking of switching to led Next grow, so my question is what size light would I need to get a decent yield ? I'm also going to be changing my medium next time to gold leaf 60/40 mix, I will be growing 4 plants in a tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m. And advice is greatly appreciated
I got. Spider farmer 2000 and a 600 vipraspectra burple in the same size tent as yours. Sp2000 is 200watt and the burple is 132watt

heard ideal is 480watt but I still got a decent yield with just the sp2000

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks bro 👍
I like the hps, I veg under t5 fluorescent but flower under my 1000w hps. other than the cost of electricity for it I love it. I like the heat it generates ( to keep my room warm) and its intensity. If I was going led I'd have to spend a couple thousand dollars Cdn to get an equivalent light. My ballast and lamp $250 Cdn.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I like the hps, I veg under t5 fluorescent but flower under my 1000w hps. other than the cost of electricity for it I love it. I like the heat it generates ( to keep my room warm) and its intensity. If I was going led I'd have to spend a couple thousand dollars Cdn to get an equivalent light. My ballast and lamp $250 Cdn.
Well that's the problem I'm having with the hps it's too hot, I've got it running at 660w and it's touching 29 degrees

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well that's the problem I'm having with the hps it's too hot, I've got it running at 660w and it's touching 29 degrees
Ya tents. I'm not in one so my heat get dissipated with my fans blowing. I hear you, They do have those cooling reflectors that contain the heat and blow it out of the tent but I no not about using them their cost or how well they work. I just find the cost of a replacement light for me just too expensive and I love the quality of my smoke with the hps.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Ya tents. I'm not in one so my heat get dissipated with my fans blowing. I hear you, They do have those cooling reflectors that contain the heat and blow it out of the tent but I no not about using them their cost or how well they work. I just find the cost of a replacement light for me just too expensive and I love the quality of my smoke with the hps.
Yeah my weeds always been a nice smoke with the hps, I'm just been greedy lol and trying to improve my yield 😂

Top Bottom