Anybody Have Success With Rick Simpson Oil On Cancer ??????????

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

A grain of rice is the dose to start 4 to 6 times a day to build up to the gram. I am no expert but I had experience with a wife with cancer and my pursuit of anything that would help. And they will get stoned. Really stoned. Until they get used to the dosage. But I am just a dude who can share my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"A single grain of Uncle Ben's plain old white rice."
Yes, that's a good size to start.

However, from my recent experience with actual remission.
The increase to 1 gram is ill advised.

It's an American attitude, thinking that more, must be better.

Indeed it can be, up to a point.
And that is my point.

Can't say this too many times. "More than enough, is too much.
Efficacy of medication follows a bell curve.
That curve goes from very little, to maximum efficacy in an elongated S curve.
"Aye! Here's the rub".
Increasing dosage past that peak lowers the effectiveness of the medication and the elongated S curve turns down in a mirror image of the rise.
With Cannabis, that "bell curve" fully applies because of the ridiculously low LD-50.

And all that that implies.
Mind you, I'm not a doctor. I'm just some guy on the internet.
All I actually have, is documentation that indicates a minor slowing of growth at too high a dosage, but an actual reversal with a much lower dosage.

That, and success with my dog at 1 mg, per kg..
Bottom line?
More than enough, is too much.

Aloha,
Weeze

S

Skaturgurl

A grain of rice is the dose to start 4 to 6 times a day to build up to the gram. I am no expert but I had experience with a wife with cancer and my pursuit of anything that would help. And they will get stoned. Really stoned. Until they get used to the dosage. But I am just a dude who can share my experience. Your mileage may vary.

This is what I was told to do as well. My mom is definitely spaced out but managing to stay awake most of the day.

She is up to a gram a day now but not adapted yet.

I understand the science of the bell curve, there is just no way to test where the exact therapeutic concentration is.

Could it vary with disease state and each persons uptake and metabolizatiin of the drug?

I don’t know.

I was a biotech rep...I’ve felt with biologics as well as designer medicines... each persons biology played a huge part in the utilization of the biologics and weight was the main issue in designer meds.

Where this falls, I would assume would be closer to a biologics but I’m not certain.

Any input?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not to detail the flow, but I need some guidance for a cancer patient.

Would distillate be ok to use in place of rso? There would be no terps in the distillate. I ask as one of my buddies father had cancer (forgot the type). And he asked if I can make rso or something to try and help or remediate the cancer. I can either make home rso or distillate.

Rso is basically a super potent thc or cbd extract. I can mimic and do the same with distillate. But with distillate it also removes lipids, waxes, solvents, which may help.with ingestion. But it removes terps as well. I thought terps helped with the medicinal aspect of it.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

You may be right about that. "dirty" oil appears to be more medicinal than highly purified oil.
Butane derived oil does not remove skin abnormalities, but RSO made from a male plant does the job rapidly.
I think we need to investigate the enzymes, waxes, and terpenes that butane leaves behind.

Aloha,
Weeze

T

Tuffy

Hi there I am new to this forum but not new to cancer. This will be a lengthy post, so for those of you in a hurry my message is, you can take a lot more RSO if used as a suppository rather than ingesting it directly, without getting stoned. Just don't put it up too high, maybe an inch or so.
I was diagnosed via an ultrasound in the fall of 2016 at 57 years old. I had stomach and digestive issues, weird symptoms that seemed heart related, panic type attacks, high blood sugar issues, all foreign to me (I have been healthy all my life up until now). I had bad gut pain that radiated to my back left kidney. After treatment with proton pumps (the usual gastric reflux pills failed to do anything and after ever increasing pain I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, a 2.5 x 4 cm primary tumor on the tail of the pancreas enclosing the splenic artery and one 1.5 cm tumor on my liver, and some suspicious lung nodules. The cancer was considered terminal, surgery and radiation were ruled out and so all that was left to me was chemotherapy with the expectation that it would make the end times easier but would not cure anything. I was very afraid of the chemo but the pain got so bad I had to do something, so I made myself promise to try ONE chemotherapy to see how it went. So I started Folfirinox in February of 2017, a cocktail of four drugs, considered harsh but the only chemotherapy which has produced a significantly longer life compared to previous drugs. The pain disappeared after only one chemotherapy session. I was able to take 3 treatments, then the dose was cut and I have been on a reduced protocol and have had 18 sessions. The chemo is not a cure the doctors tell me so like so many others I have turned to alternatives as well, including RSO, and a whole bunch of vitamins and other supplements. I figured they won't hurt and might help so why not have a go? May as well try to do some science in the meantime.
That's a bit of background. I got three ml. of RSO from a friend to start, which I started at the beginning of chemo, and I have a medical MJ prescription and grew 2 different types of strains this past summer- one, CBD Cheese, with 8% THC and 8% CBD and a high THC strain around 22% plus 2% CBD called Crown Royale. We harvested around 600 grams (dried) of flower buds from a combination of both varieties and distilled that down with 99% isopropyl alcohol to around 65 ml of distillate. It is thick, blackish green sticky stuff. I have no idea what the CBD or THC content is of this RSO I made, but it is very potent. I cannot seem to get "used" to it and eating very small amounts make me very stoned, actually feeling quite sick, which I hate. I was never into recreational smoking. I do have a vapourizer now, but smoking it is pretty useless for my situation and I don't like it anyway.
So what I do now is use the RSO as a suppository. I have some outdated omega 3 oils that were in soft gel caps. I cut the gel caps in half, squeeze out the outdated oil and load it with the RSO and in it goes. The trick is not to get it too high up, just past the sphincter is where you want it. If it's too high, I have found I get more stoned. But far less than eating it. If I ate what I get away with now, I would be lying on the floor, sick to my stomach, dizzy, and useless, for more than 24 hours (been there and done that, no thanks!!!)
so what's happening? I just had a ct scan and will know the results in early January. But so far, I am still here and doing well. Previous scans have shown that the liver tumor is gone, the pancreatic tumor did shrink a little, and there are no new metastases. Pancreatic cancer is pretty well fatal, particularly so without surgery and even then the 1 and 5 year stats are dismal. I have no idea if it's the RSO and/or the chemo and/or the supplements or the combination of everything, but I am feeling much better than a year ago. We will see in time how this progresses but so far so good.
The protocol for Folfirinox is every two weeks until it fails- either the body can't handle more (fortunately the only permanent symptom I seem to have, so far, is persistent neuropathy in hands and feet, with occasional low platelets) ) or the cancer becomes "resistant" and it's pointless to continue. Which to me, sounds crazy and I have taken chemo "Breaks" the longest being now, which will be at least 6 weeks. But I am continuing with the supplements and RSO.
I can take around a half gram of RSO and function. More than that, even using as a suppository, makes me feel awful. Unfortunately the toughest thing to find, even when I dig around in the literature, is a correct dose. I try to get most of my information from the pub med and other journal articles, but I don't have the luxury of waiting for the science so I have to go with the experiences of others and take my best guess. Even with purified THC and CBD Some papers report total mg taken, others mg/kg which is far more helpful but the amounts are all
over the map, anywhere from a few mg to hundreds. The RSO is a big unknown, I do not know how much THC or CBD "should" be in it, or the concentration of the other terpenes etc. etc. But my "gut" feeling is, if it's actually the THC that cures the cancer it's so lipophilic that the fat must get saturated with it and a ml. might be more than what's really needed. what have I learned so far? These are my opinions and observations, your mileage may vary.... the only proof I offer is that I am still here, doing much better than expected, and should not be. Who do I thank for that? Chemo, Cannabis, juice, supplements, a good attitude and friends, prayer, all of the above, none of the above, who knows?
1. I am very glad I went with the chemo. Most people who say the RSO cured them had at least some chemo. Some of those people say the RSO cured them when the chemo failed. So I do not know if RSO would have done the job if they had not taken chemo. But cancer is such a complicated disease, I like the "death by a thousand cuts" approach so the more things that I can throw at this cancer the better, I think- I like the possibility of synergy.
2. Some papers report that THC actually encourages the growth of some cancer cells. This makes me nervous, but the ct scans and CA19-9 results show my cancer is just sitting there for now. So I assume at the very least, RSO plus supplements are doing no harm, and may be doing some good.
3. I agree that the impure RSO extracts probably have better therapeutic effects than the pure THC and CBD oils because of other probably therapeutic terpenes and flavonoids and who knows. But the purified extracts are handy to up the CBD or THC concentration if needed.
4. I think the RSO takes a lot of time and patience to kill the cancer (if it does). Many studies investigating THC etc. on killing cancer in vivo, I think are not done over a long enough time. I started with the RSO, the tumor shrunk after the first chemo and RSO sessions, but after I ran out of the RSO I used the purified CBD oil (20%, one ml which is 20 mg or around 0.37 mg/kg and the THC which I could only handle a half ml. of ( 22% delta9 THC, 11 mg or 0.2 mg/kg. There was no shrinkage of the primary tumor, but in the meantime the liver lesion shrank from 1.5 to 0.5 and then it was no longer visible on the ct scans. But since then I have been taking my own RSO so the next ct results will be interesting.
5. I could not build a tolerance to the RSO past 0.5 ml which I take as a suppository and do fine with. Eating that would knock me flat for more than 24 hours.
6. While I do not feel addicted to it, I never crave it, there are definitely nasty symptoms if I stop taking the oil for a couple of days- panicky, irritable, strange feelings.
7. I believe the RSO lessens the side effects of the chemotherapy drugs I am taking. So if nothing else it has improved the quality of my life.
Hopefully this helps someone. I doubt very much that we will ever see a peer reviewed paper on the efficacy of RSO and so we cannot expect the medical profession to have much to say about it. I have seen a lot of evidence though, of closed- mindedness in the research /professional community who pooh-pooh the thought that cannibis may help cure cancer- they dismiss it just based on their "gut" feelings. So do not accept ANYONE telling you this does not work- while it's efficacy has not been "proven" per se, research shows that it does have some positive effects rather than showing it to be snake oil- and long live the placebo effect, it's cured a lot of people- But I think there's enough anecdotal evidence to at least try it.

T

Tuffy

So I have been thinking about this, and did a bit of math to see how the homegrown RSO compares to the purchased CBD oil and THC I have. Feel free to point out mistakes, our coffee maker bit the dust and I need caffeine for clear thinking ;-)
I grew 2 strains , one with 8% CBD and 8% THC, and the second with 24% THC and 2% CBD. These were the varieties that had the most CBD, and the most THC, that I could get from my seed supplier. I assume that these percentages are produced by plants grown/harvested under ideal conditions, I do not have proof of these analyses or what's in the plants I actually grew but let's continue with some assumptions including that I maxed out on the THC/CBD in these plants. Assuming I had a 50-50 blend of those two plants, my average concentration of THC was 16% and CBD was 5%. I distilled about 500 grams of dried plant material down to approximately 60 ml of RSO using isopropyl alcohol as the solvent.
There is (theoretically) 80 grams of THC (24% of 500 grams) and 25 grams of CBD ( 5% of 500 grams) in the total amount of oil, which is 1.3 grams (1300mg) THC and 0.42 grams (420 mg) CBD per ml. of the RSO. Plus with all those other compounds (we don't know exactly which), in the crude extract. I weigh about 54 kg or around 118 lbs (Which is a good weight for me) So that is 1300 milligrams THC/118 lbs or 11 mg per lb (24 mg/kg) and 420/118 or 3.6 mg/lb CBD (7.8 mg/kg).

So in theory, one ml. of my RSO delivers 1300 mg of THC and 420 mg CBD ( plus other goodies not found in purified extracts).

The CBD oil I purchased , at $95 per 30 ml bottle (Canadian!) delivers 26.32 mg CBD according to the analysis provided on the bottle, and the THC (same size bottle, same price) I purchased has 22.8 mg THC per ml.

Conclusion:
My RSO, per ml: - 1300 mg THC plus 420 mg CBD plus other compounds
Purchased stuff, per ml: 22.8 mg THC, or 26.2 mg CBD, pure.
My RSO has 57 times more THC and 16 times more CBD per ml. than the purchased products.

So you really need to do the math on the products you have. You'd almost have to win the lottery to buy enough purified product to get the amount of THC and/or CBD that's (theoretically ) needed.
If it's true that RSO cures cancer, it would seem to be a difficult thing to get what you need from purified, purchased products, at least from what's available in Canada- unless you are able to get higher concentrates in the US or other countries.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

which is 1.3 grams (1300mg) THC and 0.42 grams (420 mg) CBD per ml. of the RSO. Plus with all those other compounds (we don't know exactly which), in the crude extract

That does not compute.
1 ml. = 1cc. of water and it weights one gram.
Rso is less dense than water, (it floats.).
1.7 grams of thc and cbd will not fit in one ml. of liquid.

But the important information is, you are taking too much oil at 500 mg.!

The internet wisdom says ramp up to a gram per day.
That was born of ignorance and fear.
I bought into it and took > 750 mg. per dose of very potent oil for over a year.
It was difficult and disappointing.

It slowed the growth of recurrent stage 4 Prostate cancer.
While that is a good thing, I wanted remission.

Then my dog presented with multiple mammary tumors.
She could not tolerate a dosage increase >1 mg. per kg.
So, I left it at the low dosage and watched the tumors shrink to nothing in < 90 days.

Hmmm, So, I dropped my dosage to 1mg. per kg. as well.
For the first time in 11 years my PSA started dropping!

The point here is more than enough is too much and that is especially true for medication.
THC follows the same dosage curve as all medications.
It is a bell curve. It clearly shows that increasing the dosage past optimum, actually make the medication less effective.
Bell curve

With cannabinoids it can go all the way to zero effect with very high doses. (With most other medications the bell curve truncates when the lethal dose is reached).

So you see, a course of RSO treatment is affordable if you take the proper amount. I don't miss being a "boneless chicken- people skinned rug", :D
I'm taking ~100 mg. per day now, it is quite pleasant, and I am still in remission.

Best of luck brother.
Aloha,
Weeze

T

Tuffy

Thanks Weeze- that is a very interesting observation. I agree, more is not necessarily better! and I would be very happy to use less! but, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 1mg/kg. Is that the total amount of RSO you are taking, or the THC content of your RSO oil? If so, how were you able to get an analysis? Or, Are you taking purified THC? any CBD?
Did I misunderstand what 24% THC means in my seed guide? I understood that as about a quarter of the dry mass of the buds being THC. I can't see where else I made my math mistake. :sweating::crying2: and I really want to get a good handle on the correct dose.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 1mg/kg. Is that the total amount of RSO you are taking,

Yes.

My RSO is a mixture of several quite potent strains. THC is >20%, CBD is probably < 6%.
So for a potent oil , a 90 kg male, (that would be me), would ingest ~ 90 mg. of RSO.
Unless you weigh 500 kg. you should not be taking 500 mg. of oil is all I'm saying. :)

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

Not to detail the flow, but I need some guidance for a cancer patient.

Would distillate be ok to use in place of rso? There would be no terps in the distillate. I ask as one of my buddies father had cancer (forgot the type). And he asked if I can make rso or something to try and help or remediate the cancer. I can either make home rso or distillate.

Rso is basically a super potent thc or cbd extract. I can mimic and do the same with distillate. But with distillate it also removes lipids, waxes, solvents, which may help.with ingestion. But it removes terps as well. I thought terps helped with the medicinal aspect of it.

from my understanding
thc is the primary anti cancer element and the extra component that rso still has are triterpenes that also help to mitigate the cancer growth
when distilling, the triterpenes will be in the sludge that is left behind as they are c30 molecules(the cannabinoids are c22 molecules)
if you want triterpenes in addition to the thc? i would suggest supplementing the distillate with reishi mushrooms
if bored? try a search on triterpenes in reishi mushrooms
also note that the oral ingestion of cannabinoids will have to be processed via the liver and that process will allow less then 10% of the cannabinoids into the bloodstream while a transdermal delivery will allow up to 45% from the studies i've read
your mileage may vary

fwiw

T

Tuffy

Yes.

My RSO is a mixture of several quite potent strains. THC is >20%, CBD is probably < 6%.
So for a potent oil , a 90 kg male, (that would be me), would ingest ~ 90 mg. of RSO.
Unless you weigh 500 kg. you should not be taking 500 mg. of oil is all I'm saying. :)

Thanks Weeze. So in my case, I weigh around 54 kg, 55 mg of my oil would be comparable to what you are taking then. Seems like so very little.... powerful stuff.

T

Tuffy

from my understanding

also note that the oral ingestion of cannabinoids will have to be processed via the liver and that process will allow less then 10% of the cannabinoids into the bloodstream while a transdermal delivery will allow up to 45% from the studies i've read
your mileage may vary

fwiw
That's interesting, I will have to research that further as I haven't come across the transdermal delivery information. Sounds promising.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

I'm involved in gene therapy

The break thru cancer treatment you have been hearing about. The first of its kind
Please feel free to google Emma's story or fighting fire with fire

Are success rates have been insanely high but unfortantly so is the price

Around 400k

If anyone needs any help feel free to reach out

T

Tuffy

As promised, here are my most recent CT scan results. This was done on Dec. 19th, the previous one October 18th. I got the results of the scan yesterday. The trend has been less and less cancer since I started the cannabis/chemo on Feb. of 2016. The chemo was started first, and after 2 sessions (one every 2 weeks) I started adding the RSO.
There was a 1.5 cm tumor on my liver, that has disappeared. The one on my pancreas (which used to be 6x4 cm) shrunk down from 4.6x2.1 cm to 3.7x1.5 cm. The description of that tumor was "attenuated" on the October scan, and on the December one it's listed as "Ill defined". All good news. Nothing else was noted.
I've stopped trying to raise my dose of RSO, as per Weeze's advice. What I am taking is far less than a ml. of my homemade RSO oil and clearly the results are positive. My balance is only accurate to a tenth of a gram, and it seems I am taking about 0.3 grams, or 300 mg, a little more or less, each night. I weigh around 54 kg. so that is a dose of around 5 to 6 mg/kg (5.6 but I'm not measuring exactly). A 1 ml dose for me would be 1000mg/54 kg or 18 mg/kg. So I am taking 3 to 4 times less than the "recommended" dose of 1 ml. and getting good results. So I will stick with this regimen.
I started off with 3 ml of RSO given to me by a friend. I got significant shrinkage of my tumor according to the CT scan whle I was on this. When I ran out of that I used 1 ml each of the purified CBD oil and THC oils (both were in the 22-23% range) and did not see a change in CT results as far as visible tumor shrinkage. So just based on that, I would say that the RSO oil is better than the purified stuff. Just my own observations, no actual proof of why my tumors are shrinking, it could be due to chemo, RSO, supplements including Boswellia and coenzyme Q10, or some or all of the above. Just adding my voice to other's experiences with this stuff. The other thing I'd like to note is that I think it's unreasonable to expect some cancers to be cured in 3 months as I have seen promised on the Internet. Slow and steady is the way to do it I think, and not give up too soon.
I have been on a chemo "holiday" since Dec. 2nd, chemo will resume on Jan. 26th (Folfirinox at 80% dose). I have another CT scan on Jan. 16th, that will be very interesting to see what the tumor has done with just RSO and supplements, and no chemo. I'll keep you posted.

T

Tuffy

Thanks DemonTrich. Glad to hear it. Wish it was true for everyone, sadly there are individuals who think nothing of ripping off sick and/or desperate people. I hope there's a special place for them at the end of it all.

Reactions: Ina
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

My wife has Leukemia we happened to have saved a small amount of sugar leaf which I turned into Rick Simpson oil and my wife has started into the 90 day program to hopefully shut this shit down. We would like to hear from fellow farmers that had success beating cancer using Rick Simpson oil themselves or their friends and family members. There seems to be a lot of rah rah rah sis boom bah chearleading going on promoting the benefits of Rick Simpson oil but that all seems to fade away when you start looking for actual success stories, yes there are some success stories out there but not the number you would think there would be considering all the fanfare. Unfortunately it looks right now like the only possible way she will survive beyond the Dr. estimate of 2-3 years is going to be with Rick Simpson oil, with the proposed Chemo she has a 50% chance the cancer will go into remission and a 50% chance the Chemo will wipe her immune system completely out and she will die from the treatment so options are real limited. I hope the Rick Simpson oil works because the 2-3 year survival is if she lives through the Chemo and goes into remission that would give her 2-3 more years. I may need to resort to asking Canadian growers of Heavy Indica's like BCBD The Black to donate sugar leaf trim to us until I can get production up on my own but if need be I will do that later as we have about a month supply of oil right now. Thanks for any first hand reports of Rick Simpson oil successes.
Hi, im sorry about your wife, i will say a prayer for her, i have crps the most painfull cronic illnesses known to man, i know nothing of rick simpson oil, but if your wife is in pain, or haveing a hard time with chemo, i would sugest a heavy INDICA like white widow, my sister has breast cancer and never smoked, she was so sick and in pain, she though only criminals use dope, any way she was so bad off she reluctantly agreed, 2 puffs later she was eating soup drinking gator aid, her pain level dropped and it made her much more comfortable, she survived & still smokes, it helps her sleep, her anxiety, her aches & pain, that's realy all I can tell you, but please tell your wife for me I'm praying 4 her and I know she will make it. SNOLEPERD

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Snoleperd again, I'm growing 3 strains, all heavy indica, you and your wife are welcome to all my sugar leaves, I may be in more pain but her life is on the line, second Rick Simpson oil does not cure cancer, it's super high in cdb, little 2 no thc, if it did cure cancer it would b in every hospital it's not, please let me know if you want my leaf, and tell ur wife to fight like hell. SNOLEPERD

P

portugalman

Tuffy how are you doing? Are you still with us? Anymore info on your health and lab results?

Top Bottom