Anybody in here using roots organic lush soil?

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I'm about to do my second grow using LUSH. It may be my go-to soil now. I've also used every other Roots soil and start seeds in Roots Greenfields.
Typically after veg I would transplant into 7 gallon pots full of Fox Farm Happy Frog but for the last grow I saw LUSH on the Roots website and sought it out to try.

I was impressed enough to order it again. It's spendy and hard to find but I'm feeling it's worth it. Cost is almost double Happy Frog which I can buy a block from my home but to get LUSH I have it shipped in. HF is good but not perfect and does need xtra nutes unlike LUSH.
I don't pH my water, just use 0ppm RO water and my only nutes are their Uprising Bloom and Foundation added by a half handful each added as a layer in the bottom half of my 7 gallon pots for bloom. I also use Great White.
LUSH is impressive. Pretty much a super soil out of the bag so no need to mix much else in or cook it. Cool to see another grower try it out because yeah there's not much in the way of journals or reviews. Costing $40/1.5cuft likely gets people to look at other options but for being a *Just add water* type of mix and the no drama, no burn, no pH lockout way it grows good pot might be worth it for many out there

This was my recent grow using it

View attachment 1121637
So no veg amendments and just straight to the roots bloom amendments? Do you have to top dress at all later in flower?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I tried doing this kind of mix last year and it didn't work out, not for the soil, I had other issues going on and I never got to see the potential this kind of mix can do. I got a bag of Humboldt Royal Gold Tupur and mixed it with Happy Frog. I made a Coco coir and Peet moss mix like this Lush seems to be. The Gold Tupur has to be the lightest soil I've ever seen, stuff just flows through your fingers like sugar almost. Anyways, I'm really curious what the structure of this Lush soil will feel like compared to the Gold Tupur.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
So no veg amendments and just straight to the roots bloom amendments? Do you have to top dress at all later in flower?
No I don't use any veg nutes. I use liquid fish and seaweed during veg which is a 2-3-1 NPK at half strength.
When I upcan to flower, in the bottom 3rd of the new pot I add a handful sized layer of dry Roots Uprising Bloom, cover with about 1/2" of soil then add the plant and fill in the rest. I don't top dress but I do make a batch of compost tea, two batches of Terp Tea, and early flower I continue using fish and seaweed for two more half strength feedings

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
No I don't use any veg nutes. I use liquid fish and seaweed during veg which is a 2-3-1 NPK at half strength.
When I upcan to flower, in the bottom 3rd of the new pot I add a handful sized layer of dry Roots Uprising Bloom, cover with about 1/2" of soil then add the plant and fill in the rest. I don't top dress but I do make a batch of compost tea, two batches of Terp Tea, and early flower I continue using fish and seaweed for two more half strength feedings
Is that Terp Tea from Roots Organics?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I got the soil a few weeks back, just waiting for the seedlings to blossom. Slow going or maybe I'm just impatient. One of them was almost lost but long story short I saved it repotting the seedling into some of the Lush soil at the bottom of the party cup. It's responding superbly now.

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

It really is great stuff in the sense that it doesn’t burn young plants fresh out of the seedling stage, but it can successfully flower a fully mature plant with minimal input from the grower. Good luck with your grow, I hope it turns out for you.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Interesting. I may try this instead of the original formula next time along with doing an organic grow since the soil is already there.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I finally got to using the Lush, wishing they had this locally. See how long It stretches out for me. Got them in 10 gallon pots.

Top Bottom