Anybody Know Why My Plant Looks Like This

• Thread starter snoplow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoplow20

snoplow20

Hey guys, i have a durga mata plant that i transplanted from a solo cup into a 2 gallon pot with straight coco 3 days ago. When i transplanted it i fed it a gallon of tap water with 15 ml gh micro and 10 ml gh grow. Plant was looking great the next day. All thr leafs were standing straight up reaching for the light. The light its under is a 4 ft 4 bulb t5 shop light fixture by the way. I then lowered the light down to about 2 inched above the canopy. Yesterday i noticed some of the leafs started to drop and kind of had a crinkled surface. Today it is worse. So i raised the light back up and flushed with a gallon of phd water. Any input on what might be going on is much appreciated.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Looks like its not getting nitrogen with it being that light green. And i assume you're using 3part. Why no bloom?

snoplow20

snoplow20

Well its still in veg. Just started using the 3 part. I switch from fox farm. Should i be using bloom? It was in a solo cup for way too long while i waited for some repairs to be done in my grow area. So it was definately under fertilized when i transplanted. Any clue why the leafs started to wrinkle and curl down towards the stock? Thanks for the help.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Its hard to tell really. It may be some shock. Clawing usually comes from n tox.
And with 3part you use all 3. Just in different ratios depending on veg or bloom cycle. I don't even remember recommended dose for 3 part. But I would be in the 250 range for ppm at that size in dwc.

snoplow20

snoplow20

Would that be considered clawing. When i run into clawing its always been just the tips that claw.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Heres a couple pics from about 10 minutes ago.
they look super ULTRA UNDERFED

super light green with purpling stems

also light stressed as well as probably heat stressed

keep the lights high and what is your ec/ppm
also using a 3 part your ratio should be 3:2:1
being
VEG- 3grow:2micro:1bloom
BLOOM- 3bloom:2micro:1veg

so back off the lights
fix you ppm/ec
never use fox farms in coco
if you starting water ec is that low use a Cal/mg suppliment say Botanicare Calmg+ @3ml per gal

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

being

so back off the lights
fix you ppm/ec
if you starting water ec is that low use a Cal/mg suppliment say Botanicare Calmg+ @3ml per gal
Ya everything he said...
And steal 40 bucks out the cookie jar and buy you a cheap ph meter and ec meter!
Its almost mandatory, esp for a newbie...
U will love coco!
But your gonna have to forget everything you ever read, heard, seen, experienced,
to succeed in coco...
Because coco, is coco..

The problem with tap is, you dont know how much of what is in it, so you will be chasing your tail, esp since your new and have no clue about tox or deficiency.
You can get a 5 gal jug at krogers for $12
It cost 4 to fill it up.. at Krogers
It will prob last a couple weeks untill flower then it prob go once a week..
Its a good investment for the mean time..

I would get some epson salts, and foliar just once easy...
Actually if you have calmag, it even has a slight bit on N it it,
Which they could use..
I would mix up a batch of nutes,
as wish said
3/2/1
And dont let the Ec exceed 1.4
Ph 5.8-6.0
Water to 15% runoff

Good luck,,
welcome to the farm!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Actually Wisher is the man in coco, but he has schooled me pretty good...
Im more dwc, or actually RDWC...
Thats my love!
U got me to try dwc, and I been struck ever since!
All my grows are rdwc...
except this pheno hunt im doing in coco..
That's why I need to read your thread. Everytime I sat down to start I got interrupted.

snoplow20

snoplow20

They are looking better. I lifted the lights up earlier today when i first posted this thread. Also i ran a gallon of ph'd water through em.

being

so back off the lights
fix you ppm/ec

Ya everything he said...
And steal 40 bucks out the cookie jar and buy you a cheap ph meter and ec meter!
Its almost mandatory, esp for a newbie...
U will love coco!
But your gonna have to forget everything you ever read, heard, seen, experienced,
to succeed in coco...
Because coco, is coco..

The problem with tap is, you dont know how much of what is in it, so you will be chasing your tail, esp since your new and have no clue about tox or deficiency.
You can get a 5 gal jug at krogers for $12
It cost 4 to fill it up.. at Krogers
It will prob last a couple weeks untill flower then it prob go once a week..
Its a good investment for the mean time..

I would get some epson salts, and foliar just once easy...
Actually if you have calmag, it even has a slight bit on N it it,
Which they could use..
I would mix up a batch of nutes,
as wish said
3/2/1
And dont let the Ec exceed 1.4
Ph 5.8-6.0
Water to 15% runoff

Good luck,,
welcome to the farm!

snoplow20

snoplow20

Thanks so much for all the help @Wisher619 @EventHorizan @Midwestjay. This is why i love the farm. Ive been growing a few years now. I can grow some nice plants in soil. Hopefully i can do the same in coco. Im really excited to learn how its done.

snoplow20

snoplow20

Im curious how i can test the ph of my grow medium. Also curious as to wether its necessary. Should i be worried about ph fluctuation between feedings. Im willing and have the funds to purchase ph meters and ec meters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom