Anybody running Gavitas on a flip using the EL-1/EL-2 controllers

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I know the controllers are set up to allow flips but I havent heard of any1 doing this.
thnx
confu

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Confu,The EL2 controllers are set up to run 2 rooms but not a traditional flip as most of us think of it.To me a flip means 2 lights in seperate rooms running off 1 ballast and power supply and flipping back an forth between rooms/lights every 12 hours,so for example you could have 4 ballasts powering 8 lamps,4 in each seperate room with 1 power supply.The EL2s will control 2 rooms but both rooms must have their own lights and ballasts and power supplies.The ELs have very little power themselves,their just basically hi tech timers that send a low voltage signal telling the lights what to do and how long to do it for.
So basically i dont think you can power 2 lights from 1 ballast with them which to me is a traditional flip,Gavita has always been against this technique it seems,not sure why.The EL2 is not really a flip at all but a 2 room controller.Hope i explained this right,lol.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I was also wondering how these work? What do you plug your lights into with these timers?

T

toquer

The ballast has a phone jack on it. It's daisy chained to up to 20 lights.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I was also wondering how these work? What do you plug your lights into with these timers?
You plug your lights into a regular on all the time power source and the controller just turns them on and off using Registered Jack cord(phone line)that runs from EL controller and from one light to another.

M

MarcoTC

I saw the product videos and I love it. I'm wondering what will happen if you mix it with different wattages though.
The box itself shows the wattage but what is it showing when I have 6 x 1000W, 3 x 600 and 4 x 400W mixed and start dimming? The wattage total?

Bowski

Bowski

I like em a lot. Controller lets you set a auto dim and auto off if temps get to high. Peace of mind really.

Top Bottom