Anybody With Experience With Uv-c Light?

• Thread starter wintermute
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wintermute

I would love to hear from anyone with experience using UV-C light to mitigate pathogens.

Also, anyone that may be able to instruct me as to how to incorporate them into a legal rec grow, e.g., coverage, sources, etc.

Cheers!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Solacure claims that their UVB light is effective on powdery Mildew and molds. It's intense enough that you need protective glasses. UVC is nastier, I believe.

[edit] Just looked it up. UVC kills bacteria, and causes skin cancer. We don't care about bacteria here, we're not growing mushrooms. I'd stay away.

W

wintermute

Anyone with experience feel free to share. I have google. I can google. I am not interested in uninformed opinions (I have google), just firsthand experience thanks!

W

wintermute

EDIT: I mean UV-B, I guess. The concept of using UV light to mitigate pathogens is fascinating to me. Agriculturally, this is a very old practice. I have never been as pathogen conscious before as I am now that I have 400+ mature/flowering plants from clone. A first for me, I have always been a seed guy, still am, but clone stock was logistically desirable for this first pull on a new license. I am well aware of all the other methods of preventing and treating fungi, so no need to chime in with those, either. Cheers

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Anyone with experience feel free to share. I have google. I can google. I am not interested in uninformed opinions (I have google), just firsthand experience thanks!
Lol, too lazy to Google, asks question, gets offended when courteously presented solid information from Google. That indicates that he was so misinformed about the area that he couldn't even ask the question right. (Too stupid to Google?) Disses the additional productive answer from the guy who wasn't too lazy to research before using it in his own setup.

Did I miss anything? Have a nice life.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
UV-C is nothing to mess around with and are available as LED based or gas discharge lights used for water disinfecting for hot tubs and such. I had a UV-C source that didn't appear too bright and I used to shine it on a cactus plant I had for years. After about two weeks it looked like it needed watered. By 4 weeks in was just a husk, with the exposed side turned into a brown mass. UV-B is mor readily available...tanning salon bulbs can be found that have UV-B or UV-A. If you can smell ozone, then you know there is plenty of UV present. Be careful of HIS Metal halide lights tat have had the outer glass shell broken...the shell prevents the burning UV rays from damaging everything, so any Metal Halide bulbs missing their shell will pump out serious UV...even the smaller 75 watt bulbs. The arc tubes are made out of quartz and not regular glass, so UV passes thru it.

D

Davide

[QUOTE = "Jimster, post: 2243508, membro: 98234"] UV-C non ha nulla a che fare e sono disponibili come luci a LED oa scarica di gas per la disinfezione dell'acqua per vaso idromassaggio e simili. Avevo una fonte UV-C che non appariva troppo luminosa e lucida su una pianta di cactus che avevo da anni. Dopo circa due settimane, penso che fosse necessario annaffiare. Entro 4 settimane in era solo un guscio, con il lato esposto trasformato in una massa marrone. UV-B è disponibile gratuitamente ... lampadine del solarium possono essere trovati che hanno UV-B o UV-A. Se riesci a sentire l'odore dell'ozono, allora sai che c'è molto presente ai raggi UV. Fai attenzione alle luci ad alogenuri metallici che hanno il guscio di vetro esterno rotto ...
Buonasera la leggenda racconta della teoria e degli effetti della luce UVB sulla cannabis, che è chiaramente scritto, ma molti illustri coltivatori negano i benefici di questa luce sulla pianta realmente.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
[QUOTE = "Jimster, post: 2243508, membro: 98234"]
Buonasera la leggenda racconta della teoria e degli effetti della luce UVB sulla cannabis, che è chiaramente scritto, ma molti illustri coltivatori negano i benefici di questa luce sulla pianta realmente.
UVB light has been shown to increase the plant's reaction to it and as a result, it increases the THC and a few other benefits. Some studies find that UVB can sometimes cause smaller buds, so it is almost a tradeoff. I find more benefit of HPS during flowering than I have found benefit from UV-B, but both of them combined sounds promising.

D

Davide

[QUOTE = "Jimster, post: 2243515, membro: 98234"] La luce UVB ha dato di migliorare la reazione della pianta ad esso, di conseguenza, aumentare il THC e alcuni altri benefici. Alcuni studi hanno scoperto che gli UVB a volte possono essere gemme più piccole, quindi è quasi un compromesso. Trovo più benefici dell'HPS durante la fioritura di quanto abbia trovato beneficio da UV-B, ma entrambi hanno un suono promettente. [/ CITAZIONE]

D

Davide

[QUOTE = "Jimster, post: 2243515, membro: 98234"] La luce UVB ha dato di migliorare la reazione della pianta ad esso, di conseguenza, aumentare il THC e alcuni altri benefici. Alcuni studi hanno scoperto che gli UVB a volte possono essere gemme più piccole, quindi è quasi un compromesso. Trovo più benefici dell'HPS durante la fioritura di quanto abbia trovato beneficio da UV-B, ma entrambi hanno un suono promettente. [/ CITAZIONE]
Le hps se l'era passata nella vecchia scuola, passa Led nuovi Led migro 100 ho otpic 1.
Dicevo che è stato pensato che le piante che crescono al polo nord esposte più e vicine alla luce.
La scienza non ha documentato sta teoria, ne confermata.
Invece ci sono agricoltori, sapientoni, e scrittori come Jorge cervantes che sostengono UVB e nullo sulla cannabis

W

wintermute

[QUOTE = "OldManRiver, post: 2243475, member: 85719"] Lol, too lazy to Google That indicates that he was so misinformed about the area that he couldn't even ask the question right. (Too stupid to Google?) Disses the additional productive answer from the guy who wasn't too lazy to research before using it in his own setup.

Did I miss anything? Have a nice life. [/ QUOTE]
Lol smoke a bowl and jerk off ya old grouch. Small dick much?

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You should google, its very good to google, what you need to google is how to google uv light:) I have a uv light that I use to disrupt pw it works very well.
[QUOTE = "OldManRiver, post: 2243475, member: 85719"] Lol, too lazy to Google That indicates that he was so misinformed about the area that he couldn't even ask the question right. (Too stupid to Google?) Disses the additional productive answer from the guy who wasn't too lazy to research before using it in his own setup.

Did I miss anything? Have a nice life. [/ QUOTE]
Lol smoke a bowl and jerk off ya old grouch. Small dick much?
new around here....ehh! Better check yourself before you wreck yourself, bro!!
Insults and drama leave that shit at the door, BRO!!!
You best brush up on The Farms TOS seeing as you only got 1 day so far under your belt here on The Farm!!
Happy growing:)

W

wintermute

You should google, its very good to google, what you need to google is how to google uv light:) I have a uv light that I use to disrupt pw it works very well.

new around here....ehh! Better check yourself before you wreck yourself, bro!!
Insults and drama leave that shit at the door, BRO!!!
You best brush up on The Farms TOS seeing as you only got 1 day so far under your belt here on The Farm!!
Happy growing:)

nah BRO, I’m having a hard time seeing. I couldn’t stop looking at the UV light and I got a realy bad sunburn:( @OldManRiver i apologize for being such an ass hole and being disrespectful. I think I’ll take a long break and contemplate my thoughts. I’ll catch you guys later:)

Last edited by a moderator:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

EDIT: I mean UV-B, I guess. The concept of using UV light to mitigate pathogens is fascinating to me. Agriculturally, this is a very old practice. I have never been as pathogen conscious before as I am now that I have 400+ mature/flowering plants from clone. A first for me, I have always been a seed guy, still am, but clone stock was logistically desirable for this first pull on a new license. I am well aware of all the other methods of preventing and treating fungi, so no need to chime in with those, either. Cheers
OK , so you want 3-6 % of the available light as UV by the standard rule.
Ask the right questions then you can get the right answers.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would love to hear from anyone with experience using UV-C light to mitigate pathogens.

Also, anyone that may be able to instruct me as to how to incorporate them into a legal rec grow, e.g., coverage, sources, etc.

Cheers!
UV-c is typically used in aquaculture. Reef tanks and other aquarium applications to kill water borne pathogens. Never use uvc light sources for plants or grows!!!!!!!

Top Bottom