Anyone Apply For Caregiver Card Under The Hardship Provision?

• Thread starter vince vega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vince vega

vince vega

Curious about how many people applied, whether they were approved or not, and any other details about how the process works or doesn't work. Thanks for the info

A

AlterEgo860

its a scam. wait until 2016.. it will be llegal. no medcard needed bullshit.. dispensaries are overpriced wayyy over black market for the same if not worse quality at dispensaries.. and I was denied hardship even tho I have no license.. no job.. and I'm on disability.. and should of been granted based on 2 if not ALL 3 of those .. they told me to appeal it ? I told them ill get rid of my med card.. and if I get pinched Ill take it to TRIAL

Junk

Junk

What is the hardship provision? Is that where you get a reduced rate for the card because of your circumstances?

For what it's worth, I think it will be much more legal, almost everywhere, very soon.

If the hardship grant is what I guessed above, I have similar circumstances to the above poster, & I had to pay full price.

Junk

Junk

Or is this what you mean...

"Section 11. Hardship Cultivation Registrations.
The Department shall issue a cultivation registration to a qualifying patient whose access to a medical treatment center is limited by verified financial hardship, a physical incapacity to access reasonable transportation, or the lack of a treatment center within a reasonable distance of the patient's residence. The Department may deny a registration based on the provision of false information by the applicant. Such registration shall allow the patient or the patient's personal caregiver to cultivate a limited number of plants, sufficient to maintain a 60-day supply of marijuana, and shall require cultivation and storage only in an enclosed, locked facility. The department shall issue regulations consistent with this section within 120 days of the effective date of this law. Until the department issues such final regulations, the written recommendation of a qualifying patient's physician shall constitute a limited cultivation registration.
Section 12. Medical marijuana registration cards for qualifying patients and designated caregivers.
(A) A qualifying patient may apply to the department for a medical marijuana registration card by submitting
1. Written certification from a physician.
2. An application, including:
(a) Name, address unless homeless, and date of birth.
(b) Name, address and date of birth of the qualifying patient's personal caregiver, if any.
Section 13. Department implementation of Regulations and Fees.
Within 120 days of the effective date of this law, the department shall issue regulations for the implementation of Sections 9 through 12 of this Law. The department shall set application fees for non-profit medical marijuana treatment centers so as to defray the administrative costs of the medical marijuana program and thereby make this law revenue neutral.
Until the approval of final regulations, written certification by a physician shall constitute a registration card for a qualifying patient. Until the approval of final regulations, a certified mail return receipt showing compliance with Section 12 (A) (2) (b) above by a qualifying patient, and a photocopy of the application, shall constitute a registration card for that patient's personal caregiver."

As far as I know, none of that has changed. & MA has certainly not been in a hurry to get this law working for the people who need it. The last visit I had with the Dr. she said I'm perfectly legal to grow, so long as it's consistent with a 60 day supply of no more than 10 oz. I see her again soon...I will ask again.

But at the moment, it appears you don't need a hardship exception. They haven't changed the law yet, I took the above directly from the passed bill, which is still current.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Seems like they might deny everyone.
Then those that take the time to appeal might have a better chance.
Just a thought is all.

Junk

Junk

Seems like they might deny everyone.
Then those that take the time to appeal might have a better chance.
Just a thought is all.

That's pretty much how they run disability, so I wouldn't be surprised. I have several serious illnesses, & 7 doctors who were saying that I can't work. It took me 3 years & a lawyer to get disability.

But at the moment, if you have a card, you are still allowed to grow, so long as it's consistent with a 60 day supply or 10 oz.

ken dog

ken dog

That is correct... they do not issue hardship licenses yet.

Anybody that has a DPH card, has the legal right to grow.

Clutch

Clutch

I called the board of health to check on legalities of cultivation. They have establish specific guidelines to what is allowed. No need for the hardship license because there is not enough dispenciaries in the state yet. This of course can change any time but as of right now if you have a medical card it is legal to grow your own provided you stay with in the guidelines that the state of mass has provided

Latest posts

Top Bottom