anyone change the HG coco feeding amount?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

Hi everyone, I have been using the HG coco base for awhile and while I love their stuff I always feel like theres just way too much N in there especially for late flowering

I went on cannastats nute calc and was thinking of switching to using only their B nute from week like 5-6 till the end.

the ppm profile for 15ml B is somehting like (I closed the page and Im lazy)
70N
70P

while this is a little low on the P side their A nute doesnt even contain P so it looks like thats all added from thier bloom boosters
the total is 413 ppms with some Mg in there.

Would love to hear if anyone else makes any changes to the base amounts they run with HG Im thinking of trying this with shooting powder or MOAB for my last 3 weeks instead of equal amount of AB

thanks everyone!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I remember reading that somebody was cutting the a portion in half the last month - pretty sure it was somebody on here that knows his shit

bloads

bloads

It depends on your strain with N. My paki can feed on high ratios of N while some of my sats would roll their leaves and die on those ratios. I feel H&G takes to much N into late flowering for me. I have my clients using h&g run just b past week 4 getting better flavor and trics.JK

@

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Someone was running just 4 ml ea in veg and 6 ml in flower, hand-watered, prob no runoff. Plants looked nice.

There's an alternate to the US feed chart online here

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I run a modified formula and im still playin with it. (I have the 20l so i got some cycles left) start of week 4 and Im running 1 part A to 2 parts B. I also read JK post about reccomending no A late in flower. Im still waiting for a responce about specifics like cutt it all out at once or taper/cut out A week 4 on a __ week strain ETC. Last round I ran it per the chart (added cal mag and still do)closer to the agressive and I jus felt like I had extra bushy/leafy plants im guessing in part due to the N??

Btw last round I did the coco now i got the aqua flakes. DO u add any Cal mag?

Confu...

I

IVIars

I use 6ml of A and 16ml of B in week 4. I am gradually going down to so week 6 will have no more part A. First time using it though

K

kushtrees

I use RO so I always am adding calmag depending on strain I get it to 190-250 ppms using the coco base and the plants are great. I would love to hear what JK thinks about this it too and how he does it. I def agree with less N late in flower, when I used to run the 6/9 GH formula I had great faded leaves by the end of flower and they had 0 N by week like 5, but with the HG everythign is comepletely green still by harvest time even with a week flush

B

brookstown

we run 7ml up to week 3-4 for a week and water for 10 days. Looks great!

Top Bottom