Anyone do a octopot grow

• Thread starter Slickrick82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Wondering if anyone has used the octopot before. What's a good soul for it can fox farm ocean or warrior work for it. How much nutrients to use

AKgrow

AKgrow

They recommend peat or coco or both. Very specifically recommend 40% perlite with whatever medium you choose. They also do not recommend super soils or heavy soils. The fox farm soils would probably be great, but I'd add some more perlite to get up to that 40%. The fox farm soils will feed young plants for a couple weeks and you can feed whatever nutrients you want through the res, start at 1/4-1/2 recommended dose.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

They recommend peat or coco or both. Very specifically recommend 40% perlite with whatever medium you choose. They also do not recommend super soils or heavy soils. The fox farm soils would probably be great, but I'd add some more perlite to get up to that 40%. The fox farm soils will feed young plants for a couple weeks and you can feed whatever nutrients you want through the res, start at 1/4-1/2 recommended dose.
Yeah see got nutes just never used it before.pretty much b first time doing nutes. I always used super soils and water.so I read a bit says to used less then normal dose. Is that what u mean bye 1/4 to 1/2 .

totamus

totamus

I use a home made type of pot that works the same way. It works incredibly well, and I will never go back to just soil. I have an airstone in the bottom of the reservoir and also in my 5 gal water buckets. Plants are easily 2-3x the size of soil grown (and I get 5-8 ozs/plant in soil)

The nutrients that I use with great results are as follows:
Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom
Hydroguard
CalMag
Tapwater that has sat for 24hrs
Adjust PH to 5.8

I have 2000 watts LED (LM301 from Bestva) for each plant and keep the light at approx 5 feet over the top of the pot. I use 2 1000w lights and not a single 2000w. I feel it is better and more even canopy penetration that way. I rarely adjust the lights after setup and (once into veg) I set for 600 par and let the plant grow into it. I use LST to keep the plants from hitting the light.

I would stay away from any soil that has nutrients included. So no FoxFarm Ocean Forest, but Happy Frog is good (Thats what I use). I wouldnt think it made a huge difference, just be sure you are getting soil WITHOUT nutes/fertilizer/food. The plant will get all of its nutrients from the reservoir through wicking. Coco noir may work well, but I have not tried it.

Order to AddAmount of Water
1 Gal4 Gal8 Gal
1​
Micro12 ml50 ml100 ml
2​
Grow12 ml50 ml100 ml
3​
Bloom12 ml50 ml100 ml
4​
HydroGuard2816
5​
CalMag31224
6​
PH DownAs Needed for PH 5.8

Links

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Ok cool so from the start just add food everything in res till finish

Rogue_wolf

Rogue_wolf

I use a home made type of pot that works the same way. It works incredibly well, and I will never go back to just soil. I have an airstone in the bottom of the reservoir and also in my 5 gal water buckets. Plants are easily 2-3x the size of soil grown (and I get 5-8 ozs/plant in soil)

Hydroguard
CalMag
Adjust PH to 5.8

I have 2000 watts LED (LM301 from Bestva) for each plant and keep the light at approx 5 feet over the top of the pot. I use 2 1000w lights and not a single 2000w. I feel it is better and more even canopy penetration that way. I rarely adjust the lights after setup and (once into veg) I set for 600 par and let the plant grow into it. I use LST to keep the plants from hitting the light.

I would stay away from any soil that has nutrients included. So no FoxFarm Ocean Forest, but Happy Frog is good (Thats what I use). I wouldnt think it made a huge difference, just be sure you are getting soil WITHOUT nutes/fertilizer/food. The plant will get all of its nutrients from the reservoir through wicking. Coco noir may work well, but I have not tried it.

1 Gal4 Gal8 Gal
1​
Micro12 ml50 ml100 ml
2​
Grow12 ml50 ml100 ml
3​
Bloom12 ml50 ml100 ml
4​
HydroGuard2816
5​
CalMag31224
6​

Links

Do you flush before harvest?

S

supersecretjim

I'm on my second ever grow. First grow five plants in 2x4 each in 5-Gallon pot. 1 Pound after dry.
Now I'm on my second grow. This time a single Lovin in Her Eyes Electra cutting now ending week 2 of flower. She's a fucking beast. This week she will drink 10 Gallons of water. Its been too easy.

Too many details.

Theres a fairly active Octopot community I participate in. Just Lougle second ever grow, first octopot grow!
I've got a diary going from early on.

Nov17

3cats

3cats

Hydroguard
CalMag
Adjust PH to 5.8

1 Gal4 Gal8 Gal
1​
Micro12 ml50 ml100 ml
2​
Grow12 ml50 ml100 ml
3​
Bloom12 ml50 ml100 ml
4​
HydroGuard2816
5​
CalMag31224
6​

Links

Yikes, that's a lot of food, I never get that high my max food is General Hydroponics ml micro and 5 ml grow 5 ml bloom / gallon in veg and no Cal mag until week 3 of flower. no need for ph down Promix/ Sunshine Mix, ect have buffers and once you start using the ph adjustments you kill the buffers. My nutes bring down my ph enough to make my 7.2ph water perfect, anything between 6.00 & 6.50 I'm good with.

I grow in promix with 40% perlite in 3 gal pots & in an Auto Pot system, similar but different from Octopots system. I currently have 6 in auto pots and only 1 soil still in veg.

Yesterday my feed for all of my girls was 3/3/3/1ml per gal Micro/grow/bloom/ flurolicious plus @ 6 weeks from seeed. When my reservoir takes over feeding I switch to Diamond Nectar from Flurolicious and add Hyclean for salt control

My max feed is 7/7/10/1 at week 3 in flower I add 5ml Cal/ mag per gal through flower and week 4 I start Kool Bloom or monster Bloom 5ml/gal. at week 3 in flower my feed is 5/5/10/1/5/5 with no up or down used unless my ph drops below 6.00 then I adjust accordingly

IMG 6258
Top Bottom