Anyone Ever Tried Ladybugs To Control Pests In Indoor Grow Rooms?

• Thread starter MaesterP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
To prevent lady bugs from fleeing your grow space put them on the most infested plant, keep them in a container for two days before releasing them, put a wet sponge in the container so they have water now they know they have h20 & food and will stay. If that doesn't work you could cutt off there wings or glue them shut to keep them from flying into the lights.
Or you could just get some nematodes, I have only seen a few gnats since I added them and I had a very heavy infestation.

420Artie

420Artie

If you can't knock them back in flower a least your buds will come out more potent do to the chitin being detected by the plants thus inducing a Sar response.

D

dab science

if your doing indoor and have a way to regulate co2 you could crank your co2 to a 2% content i believe in the air which is deadly to anything the breathes air (even humans) but it wont harm your plants id rock a 2% co2 in my air for a few hours (prouably a good idea to do it during your dark cycle so you can turn your vent fans off during the gasing) every day for a few weeks and they will all be dead with no pesticides...

N

Nog

To prevent lady bugs from fleeing your grow space put them on the most infested plant, keep them in a container for two days before releasing them, put a wet sponge in the container so they have water now they know they have h20 & food and will stay. If that doesn't work you could cutt off there wings or glue them shut to keep them from flying into the lights.

This is a joke right?

420Artie

420Artie

it's the only way to keep those little bastards from flying into the lights ,Google it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I wonder if bugs just fly towards the sun until they pass out from lack of oxygen when they are outside...

G gnome

G gnome

Thats some preposterous ass shit haha. It's been a long time since ive bought some ladybugs but i seem to remember getting thousands of em. How u gonna go thru and glue the wings on 20,000 ladybugs? Haha

420Artie

420Artie

Thats some preposterous ass shit haha. It's been a long time since ive bought some ladybugs but i seem to remember getting thousands of em. How u gonna go thru and glue the wings on 20,000 ladybugs? Haha
20000 lady bugs wings could glued in one fatal blow by spraying a 50/50 sugar & water solution on them, it temporarily glues there wings. Now the clipping of the wings sound comical but if you have a couple plants you would only need a handfull of Lady bugs so wouldn't be a big task.

william76

william76

20000 lady bugs wings could glued in one fatal blow by spraying a 50/50 sugar & water solution on them, it temporarily glues there wings. Now the clipping of the wings sound comical but if you have a couple plants you would only need a handfull of Lady bugs so wouldn't be a big task.
Without there wings they wouldnt be much good against pests with wings tho would they?76

CodeStory

CodeStory

I'm using lady bug currently for the first time. Bought 1k and put about half in my greenhouse last night. They will lay eggs that hatch in a week or so, allowing larva to continue the pest control even after your lady's take off, if new pests show up after they're gone.

Wristle

Wristle

Have had great success with using them outside in the garden and someone I know had an insane spider mite issue with his indoor. 500 of those suckers cleared them right out.

After reading the thread I totally get why some would avoid using them though.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I send my son out in spring and fall with a bounty on ladybugs. A couple dozen get released in my tent twice a year. They last about 6 months, every now and then I find one on the traps, but with a piece of lettuce on a plate in the corner they die off very slowly. Usually I have ladybugs through the year from two hunts.

IMG 20200707 210524
IMG 20200707 2105242
420Artie

420Artie

I send my son out in spring and fall with a bounty on ladybugs. A couple dozen get released in my tent twice a year. They last about 6 months, every now and then I find one on the traps, but with a piece of lettuce on a plate in the corner they die off very slowly. Usually I have ladybugs through the year from two hunts.
Leave water so they can hydrate and some raisins for food , the lettuce helps too.

william76

william76

go ladybirds!,i still stick as many as the kids can catch in the tent and yea theres a bounty on them here too!,76

Latest posts

Top Bottom