Anyone ever use PLASMA LIGHTS?

• Thread starter JKash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So I'm acquired 4 Plasma lights from a hydro store about 10 years ago... I used them for 1 mediocre grow cycle... now with all my knowledge I have pulled the babies out of retirement! Anyone else ever use plasma lights? Suppose to gain 10% more in oil production of the plant and best replicates sunlight... the store I got these from got them from a bust... 1500 new a piece never used and I got them at 250 a piece 10 years ago!

Anyone ever use plasma lights
Anyone ever use plasma lights 2
Anyone ever use plasma lights 3
Anyone ever use plasma lights 4
Anyone ever use plasma lights 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Plasma lights, if you could afford them, were the shit 10 years ago. They were better than HID.

Blastfact

Blastfact

They are the blue spectrum with some UV lights of the halogen world in simple terms. Orange and red part of the spectrum drop off real bad with these types of lights. Most of us used them as supplemental light in the old days to HPS or even old school dirt cheap halogen work/job lights that had the orange and reds needed. Plasma use to be thrown around as a buzzzzz word to market to growers and stoners. The only thing plasma about them is they are a controlled induction light and stable. They are a refined carbon arc type light or a more common welding arc type of light. Mine went to the scrap yard with all my HPS and MH 5 or so years ago when leds became real when I got my first HLG.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I added one for supplemental lighting to my LED light... I needed to add just that little extra since I've had a very rough start..my sisters cats got into my basement and killed 4 out of 5 seedlings so i have 1 super bush that is taking over the whole grow site...I stopped years ago and started again due to NY being legal now... way less stress🤣🤣🤣. Figured I could pull some stuff out of retirement... I'm loving my LED... my last equipment was HPS MH magnet and digital ballasts 🤣🤣🤣and plasmas... LED was just starting to come to market back then...

Latest posts

Top Bottom