Anyone Ever Use Tiger Bloom?

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

i used tiger bloom in the past and it completely burned my plants. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What is a better alternative or should you just use less of it rather than the recommended dose?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
i used tiger bloom in the past and it completely burned my plants. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What is a better alternative or should you just use less of it rather than the recommended dose?
I used fox farm when I first started and burned my plants too, its not the stuff, its the feeding schedule.
Heres what I do now, you need a ph pen and ph up and down and a medicine measuring cup with 5 and 10 ml marks like the ones that come with cough syrup.
For veg start with 5 ml of the big bloom 5ml grow big and 5ml of calmag suppliment
If your plants are happy after the first two feedings at this dose( no clawing, discoloration etc) up the dose to 7.5 ml per gallon the next two feedings and then up to 10 ml per gallon if they are still looking good, keep calmag at 5ml unless you notice the plant having light green new growth, then just up by 1ml. I would never go over 10 ml per gallon of GB or BB it will burn your plants. I think the schedule calls for 6 teaspoons of BB and 3 tsp of GB at one point, thats way too strong for any plant...thats 45 ml of fertilizer in one gallon of water...
When I transition to flowering I like to continue giving veg nutes and calmag until the 2 to 3 week stretch is over.

Ph of your water that you pour on your plants is really important
There are ph charts in my sig link

velocity

velocity

Fox farm is salty nutes. Not saying its bad at all. If you read there feed chart it says you ec will top out in flower at 3.0 ec.
How to not have the salt affect you in flower is to not let the medium dry out. Feed every other day.

I thought it would work with my budget. I tried gh 6/9 mills of micro and bloom per gallon everything was alot better across the board. Price wise gh was a hair cheaper but not much.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
As with any salt based snythetic nutes you always start with 50% of what the labels tells you until you get a sense of your strains and how they react to the nutes. Keep in mind when the mfgr creates schedules for their nutes they exist for future sales. So what better way then to up the usage and have you back for more bottles.

Always start at half strength. Learn your strain. And keep in mind not all strains or phenos require the same feed and care. So if you chase the new strain of the month or year you gonna be in for a helleva ride learning anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom