Anyone familiar with operating one of these?

• Thread starter Cabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cabi

Cabi

Anyone familiar with operating one of these

Cabi

Cabi

Make sure you leave it on the auto screen
I’ve done that. Do I need temperatures for both high and low? Or will one of those do? In other words; just programmed the highs on both Fahrenheit and humidity and leave the Lows out

Growrx

Growrx

I’ve done that. Do I need temperatures for both high and low? Or will one of those do? In other words; just programmed the highs on both Fahrenheit and humidity and leave the Lows out
Not completely sure.. I have all 4 settings set up because of my “OCD” and it really only turns on when my temps or humidity go too high.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If you are using it to remove heat and vent and remove excess moisture so the fan turns on when the high threshold is reached, the low settings need to be set so low as to never turn on. It doesn't turn off at the low setting. The fan will actually turn back on.

This makes more sense the longer you own the fan and I can def explain in more detail if you want 👍🌱

Cabi

Cabi

If you are using it to remove heat and vent and remove excess moisture so the fan turns on when the high threshold is reached, the low settings need to be set so low as to never turn on. It doesn't turn off at the low setting. The fan will actually turn back on.

This makes more sense the longer you own the fan and I can def explain in more detail if you want 👍🌱
That explains a lot. One last thing if you don’t mind. If my humidifier is set a turn off when it hits 70° humidity, do I also need to set Humidity controls on the T6 to a similar setting To compensate for any extra humidity in the environment caused by heat in a sealed box? Sorry if this is a silly question. It’s all new to me. Thanks brother. That was really helpful

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
That explains a lot. One last thing if you don’t mind. If my humidifier is set a turn off when it hits 70° humidity, do I also need to set Humidity controls on the T6 to a similar setting To compensate for any extra humidity in the environment caused by heat in a sealed box? Sorry if this is a silly question. It’s all new to me. Thanks brother. That was really helpful
100% yes, the plants will add humidity as well from the soil, leaves etc. And when the lights go out and temps drop RH will rise in conjunction. You want the fan kicking in any time stuff like that happens imo. 👍

Cabi

Cabi

Thanks. You’re awesome!
Everything seems to be working now except for the humidity. The fan kicks on After it Exceeds optimal temperature. But for reasons I haven’t been able to figure out I fruit humidifie. But for reasons I haven’t been able to figure out, The humidifier does it’s job and shuts off at 70° but the probe to the T6 continuously reads between 32 and 34° Not allowing the fan to move air out. Is it me or do you think it’s just me? So glad I decided to test this before I bought the plants. Think I’m going for a walk to clear my head.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I operated my fan with the little plastic sleeve covering the temperature probe for about 4 days before I figured out that I had completely goofed. Not accusing you of being as goofy as I am but just something to check it drove me nuts and I felt like such a dummy 🙃

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The location of the probe is important too lmk later how its going.

Cabi

Cabi

I operated my fan with the little plastic sleeve covering the temperature probe for about 4 days before I figured out that I had completely goofed. Not accusing you of being as goofy as I am but just something to check it drove me nuts and I felt like such a dummy 🙃
I laughed out loud at your remarks. Reminded me of my teens years working in a stereo and electronics store. Customers would occasionally call agitated over the length of time it took them to set up their new stereo equipment, only to find out that the unit they purchased was broken. “Would not even power up.” Sir, Madame. I would exclaim. I’m so sorry you’re having trouble; And before I ask you to go to the annoyance bringing back the stereo for a replacement, please. If I might ask you a very silly question? Is the stereo plugged in?

now. GS95. In my defense, it was Friday the 13th.

Cabi

Cabi

The location of the probe is important too lmk later how its going.
I really feel like this is some sort of trap. But I’m gonna ask it anyway. GS. Sorry Mr. 95 I hope you don’t mind me using your first name, but where is it you would like me to put this probe?

B6FF4EC6 88B3 43B9 9B7C 889876077B0F
E7CDB4B5 90DA 4D8B 8766 6B8BFD0511E5
johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

how bad is the humidity and temp? how dry is it you need to humidify?
and why would you have humidity on exhaust ?
does the fan go on and off or just run all the time ?

Cabi

Cabi

how bad is the humidity and temp? how dry is it you need to humidify?
and why would you have humidity on exhaust ?
does the fan go on and off or just run all the time ?
I’m getting a clone and the growers told me to keep the humidity at 70 and the temperature around 76 Fahrenheit. The humidity in my tent gets up to about 60 but before it’s allowed to go any higher the fan kicks on because the heat in the tent has already reached its goal. Also. At least so far, I’m having trouble getting the humidity up without closing the tent completely. In other words no passive windows at the bottom

Top Bottom