Anyone Have A Diy Led Checklist?

• Thread starter OrganicLit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
OrganicLit

OrganicLit

Hi everyone. I'm looking into building my own LED. I've been doing the research to find the necessary parts but I'm finding dated articles/tech. Im looking to find a checklist of the newer tech I'll need. Between running my father's business, being a new dad and starting a commercial hemp farm I am swamped and have very little time to do this DIY build. A checklist would be very helpful to this process. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you don’t have time then building is probably not the best way to tackle it. Fully assembled fixtures aren’t much more and time is money if you’re low on time.

Dan789

Dan789

A kit with all the parts is a way to get your feet wet, without the individual sourcing necessary for a self build, that's what I did. Check out Rapid Led, I think the community can add more sources for kits...

OrganicLit

OrganicLit

A kit with all the parts is a way to get your feet wet, without the individual sourcing necessary for a self build, that's what I did. Check out Rapid Led, I think the community can add more sources for kits...
Good info. Thanks.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Yea I've browsed through it. A lot of info. A lot of specifics. Maybe I didnt dive deep enough. I started a thread to have a reference point.

So you want “not very specific” information from an expert.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I'm not an expert , but do have some experience.

My easiest build was a 100 Watt, bi-color chip R:B 4:1.
A $20 power supply. and a heat sink with fan, and lens that fits the chip perfectly. Used a circle of mylar insulation, (reflectix), as a reflector. (not shown)
strap on a couple fans, and you are done.
Single chip

Slapped it together in about an hour and it's been performing beautifully for a couple years now.
While the chip is rated at 100Watts. I limit it to 60-70 watts for efficiency and longevity.
This light will veg 4 pants to 4'.

Same folks sell dual chip heat sinks if you want to control the R:B ratio. And a cheap thermal switch only runs the fan when needed.
DSCF8718

Have been vegging with low power LED arrays for over ten years now and have found that a targeted spectrum needs very little power to veg, large, healthy plants.
DSCF8709

DSCF8711

It's really that simple.
Aloha,
Wee 'zard

OrganicLit

OrganicLit

So you want “not very specific” information from an expert.
Ok I'll clarify. When I say specifics, I mean I've seen a lot of threads full of info on specific parts and tech. I've been looking for a thread on a build and what parts and accessories were used and what was needed that's wasnt lying around. Ya know maybe someone has built handfuls of lights and could copy and paste a list they use to reference. I'm good at assembling and soldering but I have a hard time comprehending some of the techy jargon provided by the community.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok I'll clarify. When I say specifics, I mean I've seen a lot of threads full of info on specific parts and tech. I've been looking for a thread on a build and what parts and accessories were used and what was needed that's wasnt lying around. Ya know maybe someone has built handfuls of lights and could copy and paste a list they use to reference. I'm good at assembling and soldering but I have a hard time comprehending some of the techy jargon provided by the community.

Use the search function. There is no jargon. Not much. What is the jargon?
Driver? Cables? Cobs? You get a light emitting diode (boards or cobs), hook it up to a driver, get some hangers and hang. If you have any specific questions, the solution is as simple as just using google or asking under those threads. We don’t need a new thread on this. There is lots of information on this subject already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom