Anyone have Thirsty girls in soil?????

• Thread starter Done
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Didnt know that but makes sense. Wish I wouldve known that then. Are you familiar with Coast of Maine Organics grow mix. Just wondering cuz thats what I got this time & was wondering if you think I should mix the perlite with that? Sorry to jack your thread done,was just curious.

No I never used it.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Why? What is wrong with FFOF?

1 week into Flower I am watering about 1/2 gallon per plant every 2 days.. (3.8gal pots)...

When I am off work I will do my runoff watering to flush out any buildup and make sure I am getting full saturation... (Its a pain to vac up the runoff on days I do work)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Me either and no worries. Ill look into it. I really want to get away from fox farm ocean forest.

I love fox farm ocean forest. Most consistent soil I have found. I have never had a soil related problem with it.

all the plants in the first half of my thread are in it. I only switched because of availability for a while and then used pro mix when I got root aphids to eliminate organic inputs a while.

Done

Done

I love fox farm ocean forest. Most consistent soil I have found. I have never had a soil related problem with it.

all the plants in the first half of my thread are in it. I only switched because of availability for a while and then used pro mix when I got root aphids to eliminate organic inputs a while.
Its my girls. I grew Chemdog 91 in ff of and had no issues. Im always dealing with an issue on these genetics I got as clones (GG4 PKB GMO)

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Watering everyday. I give 1 gallon of water per 5 gallon pot and the next day they are still thirsty. Soil seems dry enough to give another water. But I am getting small amount of runoff too!

Different tent same info as below but 3 gallon fabric pots and week 7 of flower. Same deal 2.5 liters of water for them and next day they want more?

5 gallon soil fabric pots
LED
veg for 5 weeks (4 plants in a 4x4)
day temp 82-85 F
day RH-60
night temp 72-75F
night RH 50
using Jacks 321 every water, supplement Recharge and Tribus weekly
exhale c02 bags
Your watering too much, you only water coco perlite like that. Give them a day or so dry a little in between

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Me either and no worries. Ill look into it. I really want to get away from fox farm ocean forest.
Dont get me wrong,ive heard great things about fox farm ocean mix so thats why I went with it my last grow. It was my 1st time using fabric pots so im sure that had alot to do with it plus like MiMed said about mixing in the perlite which I didnt do. But I know ppl who swear by foxfarm. I went with the coast of maine this time cuz I read that Ocean forest mix can burn seedlings so I wanted to start my seedlings off with something different.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I sent my gf to pick up soil once & she got the wrong stuff. It was pro mix moisture potting mix. I actually thought it was good stuff.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I mix in coarse with almost everything in varying degrees. Also the trick to watering in fabric is to go slow. I go thru and give everything a small drink then go back thru again slowly till I get a little run off if that’s what I’m trying to achieve. It helps stop the water from going out the side of the cloth pot. Wet vac your runoff.
Definitely wasnt watering it slow. Ill give it a try this time around. I think I just need to get used to the fabric pots. I usually do 5 gal.buckets outdoor.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I’m in FFOF and 5 gal tall fabric pots. I slide the fabric pots into a 5 gal bucket with about 1/2 gal of water already in the bucket. There is about 1” between the fabric pot and bucket. The fabric pot displaces the water to the side so it soaks into the fabric pot about 2/3 up the bag. After about 20 mins all the water has been absorbed. I use another 1/2 gal as a soil drench. A gal of water weights over 8lbs so I can lift the fabric pots and gage how much water the pot is holding, not scientific but close enough. I must be under-watering cause I’m using much less water. Maybe a gal per week each plant.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I sent my gf to pick up soil once & she got the wrong stuff. It was pro mix moisture potting mix. I actually thought it was good stuff.
I bought some 50 quart bags of Mirical grow Organic Choice for my second grow. Not as nice as Ocean Farm, it has more wood in it. But $7 a bag vs $20 something. Seemed to do a good job of it. And I always add perlite to everything, I think I would add perlite to perlite.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I went with the coast of maine this time cuz I read that Ocean forest mix can burn seedlings so I wanted to start my seedlings off with something different.
I am currently using Coast of Maine Platinum soil and it will burn your seedlings too. I think CoM has a seed starter mix that I am going to use next time.

I am happy with the CoM soil, it drains fine for me and I did not add anything to it.

Mugwort

Mugwort

I second that^ they really need a dry period in between watering. Aquaman did a great watering post... I don't have time to find it atm.
Please expound on “they really need a dry period in between watering”.

Mugwort

Mugwort

You're not watering enough when you water and you are watering too often.

You want to make sure ALL the soil is wet — the sides of the fabric pot should be damp, along with the soil adjacent to it. Then don't water for at least 3 days, or until the pots are light in weight.
Please tell me, in a nutshell, the redeeming value of going 3 days without water.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Please tell me, in a nutshell, the redeeming value of going 3 days without water.
Cannabis plants like a period of dryness, I think mostly for Oxygen intake through the roots. They do not like it when the roots are constantly wet or damp and will develop root rot if you do not give them a good amount of time between waterings. That's the nutshell version of what I know. Hope that helps.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Mugwort

Mugwort

Cannabis plants like a period of dryness, I think mostly for Oxygen intake through the roots. They do not like it when the roots are constantly wet or damp and will develop root rot if you do not give them a good amount of time between waterings. That's the nutshell version of what I know. Hope that helps.
Thx

Latest posts

Top Bottom