Anyone have Thirsty girls in soil?????

• Thread starter Done
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaBob

SativaBob

Thanks...is it true what I read about fabric pots? They are nearly impossible to overwater....
I'm in my first grow in FFOF with a 3:1 perlite added in and I think it honestly depends on how your soil is. If you add perlite to good soil I'd say your statement is sort of true but if you have soil that becomes mud it will take longer to dry out.
I have 2 going in FFOF and one in a different organic potting soil with even more perlite added to it than the OF. All 3 are in fabric pots and the one without the FFOF takes forever to dry back out so I have to really watch the waterings with that one.
The runoff is better with fabric pots but I'd say it's still possible to over water while using them.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks...is it true what I read about fabric pots? They are nearly impossible to overwater....
They are less likely to remain saturated than hard sided pots.

Once you know how to water your media, it won't matter whether you use hard or soft-sided pots. I use them both, but never noticed a difference in yield.

Mugwort

Mugwort

They are less likely to remain saturated than hard sided pots.

Once you know how to water your media, it won't matter whether you use hard or soft-sided pots. I use them both, but never noticed a difference in yield.
Thx man!

Mugwort

Mugwort

I'm in my first grow in FFOF with a 3:1 perlite added in and I think it honestly depends on how your soil is. If you add perlite to good soil I'd say your statement is sort of true but if you have soil that becomes mud it will take longer to dry out.
I have 2 going in FFOF and one in a different organic potting soil with even more perlite added to it than the OF. All 3 are in fabric pots and the one without the FFOF takes forever to dry back out so I have to really watch the waterings with that one.
The runoff is better with fabric pots but I'd say it's still possible to over water while using them.
TY...useful info! I use FFOF as well!

Mugwort

Mugwort

I’m asking questions about everything. I really appreciate the experience you folks bring to the table and your willingness to share with someone like me. This is such a great forum!

Top Bottom