Anyone Heard of Lowering Temps?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Easy way to test if your so interested in leaf temps, build or have 3 same strain and etc going and set one room too 70 one to 75 and one to 80 and watch the difference in the grows, seems like easiest scientific hypothesis for testing I can think of lol

Thetinman

Thetinman

That's exactly what I am doing. But just transplanted yesterday....
Have to wait until they take hold first. Will be keeping under 78° until then...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Adding additional 2 lights tonight, already lowered table. Then I will see if they croak by keeping lower lights at maximum height.
I HAVE to meet that, or no run off for me, to low to ground for pump intake in bucket....

Thetinman

Thetinman

Keep in mind, this is an organic grow. I won't even pass 800ppm nutes. And I always cut when there is 50% cloudy to clear tricomes, like the original OG.

Not QUANTITY but QUALITY of my produce. Only use 3 part GH, the rest, 24 parts total, are organic.

All plants were given 1st weeks nutes, 5 days before transplant. For the exception of the big girls, who have been on first week for over 10 days.

4"pots were soaked in Thrive Alive for 20 minutes, dissipating nutrients for now. When dried, will start again with first week....

But then Ryboburton let me in on a secret, his 4' box produces a lb per light. With 2 lights he gets 2lbs. I could not ever want more than that.

But I have to keep 2 cut, so others may catch up, or this will be a very low weight at the end. So I have to wait....

Growing seedlings I hate...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Cool and respectful graf you have there. This is and was my path I have taken for years.....prior to arriving to the desert.
Humidity does not exist here, I lived in the South and I know what 110° on Ga asphalt is....been there done that.
The problems arrived when I started my regular routine. Just sat there and continued to die for no apparent reason. 95 seeds later, this is what I have. They were dead. The lights seem to give a bit so they did not have serious injury to the plant. I had used "eye" hortilux sodium setup like always. They just would not jump and continued to yellow out at any lux.

Long road has already been hoed, getting back on track with new 1 gallon pots.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Got the lights in order, wires snugly put in order, lowered table heighth 13".

Keeping a bit low on temps until hour passes and co2 cranks up. Then raise temps a bit more. Pics have auto heavy filtering, trust me its BRIGHT!

EVERYBODY looks quite happy. Tops around 8k-9k lux.

IMG 20210404 202020 HDR
IMG 20210404 202026 HDR
IMG 20210404 202031 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

Good morning,

I made up my mind to start using my laser temp gun, going to try to keep leaf temps around 78°...

thank you to whomever made that suggestion.....

A few pics....

IMG 20210405 100239 HDR
IMG 20210405 100246 HDR
IMG 20210405 100250 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

Hello!

Ok, this seems to be the deal. Keeping top leaf temps around 78-79°. Lowering lights can be established as long as you keep those temps IN CHECK!

BUT,there has to be limits in place. Getting these particular lights, like any other light, the high amounts of radiation, regardless of temps, will fry yo chit.
DISTANCES. I have decided to keep my lights, at a maximum be 2.5 feet away from plants. You can get lower, but seems to be quite a bitch to keep temps inline when you do so.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Now doing this was to compensate the tighter walls like if in a box. My walls are a minimum of 2.5 feet from all walls. That's the difference. Now I could load probably 5 more lights to this room to actually fill all floor spaces!

That's what I am worried about.....

Plan B. Shove everything in a corner, build temp walls on 2 sides. But what a bitch! Just did all walls. It simply makes what I have already done.....obsolete.
So, that's the rub....

Latest posts

Top Bottom