Anyone Heard of Lowering Temps?

• Thread starter Thetinman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thetinman

Thetinman

Yes exactly! That's what occurs IF you leave lights in place.
I have been dropping lights and temps....

Thetinman

Thetinman

If you read up this thread, you will read about this kid, Jr is what I call him.

He has been working continuously since he was like real young. Been working for 15 years. Must have been 10 when he started....ha!

Myself, being the boss's kid of my own family run business. I had a thirst for extensive understanding withing the Irrigation field. Where unopened doors into other branches of the field made good money. I also had and still have all the skew #'s in my head now for 25 years!

But he is the one, a family knowledge basic. So, I had my own story where I bumped up weight by a third!

So it's worth looking into...

growsince79

growsince79

Yes exactly! That's what occurs IF you leave lights in place.
I have been dropping lights and temps....
What are the leaf temps? How old are your plants and whats your light intensity? What you describe is not what I've experienced and makes zero sense to me. Maybe your light was just too far away to begin with.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Maybe, but I don't think so....

Lowering light increases radiation. Which heat up the plant. But if you keep at lower temps, the plant can absorb without overheating...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe, but I don't think so....

Lowering light increases radiation. Which heat up the plant. But if you keep at lower temps, the plant can absorb without overheating...
Your using LED? Radiant heat and IR warming of the leaves is much much lower than other forms of light.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Check out my other threads dude! They are 315CMH lights. Got a 13 page experience their.....check it out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check out my other threads dude! They are 315CMH lights. Got a 13 page experience their.....check it out
Ahhh ok... yeah take some leaf and root temps and I find the same as @growsince79 77-79f has worked well but I run co2.

Thetinman

Thetinman

What I have been looking for is tight nodes... If kept at lower temps, with lower lights, I have to see not necessarily height, but how its growing by tighter lengths of branch...

Now at what was reccomend, 72°....

Lights out in 2 hours...

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I'm a doubter, but do find it interesting that on Friday, you met a kid, and a couple days later you sound like ron popeil with an insta-pot-oh-matic.

I doubt everyone who "finds the answer" on Friday, then becomes a proponent and conducts experiments and offers all the anecdotal evidence to "sell" us on it by Sunday!

The information sounds wrong, in the world of plants. it sounds really wrong in the world of cannabis. it sounds fishy wrong to have a convert so fast from "meeting a kid" Friday to "wow, you gotta do this" Sunday.

But I do look forward to seeing where you're taking this, and why.

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok,
The why was explained. But the reason will find home...

I have a 4-315CMH light setup. I am currently only using 2. But CEILING HEIGHTH has me by the balls. I have a slanted ceiling. I am using the higher 2 lights presently. That's ABOVE the second set!

I will be lowering my table, but all 4 running at the same height.....well its RIGHT on the cuspid.
That make sense now....maybe..

But, it's really going to make an interesting effect when flowering....

Thetinman

Thetinman

Also, I may just drop it completely if I don't see exactly what I want...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Right before opening up to let co2 out. Will have to raise for that...
Oooo that green...

IMG 20210404 125248 HDR
IMG 20210404 125233 HDR
IMG 20210404 125238 HDR
IMG 20210404 125251 HDR
Thetinman

Thetinman

You will also notice that the fan leaves are just soaking it up! Below canopy every node for new clones are are speeding up with fat leaves...

Thetinman

Thetinman

Understood. But seems these bulbs, with the proper reflection, keep the lux lower over all. I have done an extensive understanding with these lights.
Makes sense sometimes and others its completely different.
No it's not my first rodeo...

Top Bottom