Anyone know ideal room air tempreture for T5 light

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm trying to figure out the ideal air temp for grow tent using t5 lights

I use to run 78-80 canopy level but u think that was a tad hight

Now Im shading my fan probe and thermometer at canopy level pics below and I have my fan set to 25c=77f room stays at day 75-77 amd night 70-72f,

Does anyone know if I should be running ther room higher, if I un-shaded my thermometer the lihht adds about 1° so now the 77f says 78f , and fan still set at 25c=77f
my rent it just 90cm high and it's 130cm long , 60cm wide
Or should I be taking the air temperature at the floor.
I have a fan moving air about the tent so probs that are shaded should be feeling the room air

Any does anybody know the best temp for coco & clone machine water temp
I read so many different things more to fused now that I was before I stated reading lol I read 18-20c 22max
and I read 20-25c

Also what about putting a soil tempreture probe in the coco I get a reading 20-21c it was 18-20 but I upper the water temp to have a try at different temp.
Should the water tempreture be the same for all water, I mean like 18-20c
for soil , coco , and hydrophonic?

Help a brother out
any help welcome lol

So I'm doing this now shaded by that shelve, and fan probe is just going thwt white thermometer the fan is set to 25c so kicks in at 77f drops back to about 75f and repeats outter room air temp is 68-70 it's cold here at moment
I got my idel on just 5% it's a 4" extractor , the idel was off for a few days but I noticed 2 of my clones in the clonner got some what I think is mold on the odd leaf and stem, so must be luck of fresh air air exchange at night as fan does not kick in at night and idel was off so only got air change lights on

20210218_203146.jpg
20210218_202640.jpg
20210218_185856.jpg
20210218_185843.jpg

Anyone know ideal room air tempreture for t5 light 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

Now Im shading my fan probe and thermometer at canopy level pics below and I have my fan set to 25c=77f room stays at day 75-77 amd night 70-72f,

Does anyone know if I should be running ther room higher, if I un-shaded my thermometer the lihht adds about 1° so now the 77f says 78f , and fan still set at 25c=77f
I have a fan moving air about the tent so probs that are shaded should be feeling the room air

I read so many different things more to fused now that I was before I stated reading lol I read 18-20c 22max
and I read 20-25c

Also what about putting a soil tempreture probe in the coco I get a reading 20-21c it was 18-20 but I upper the water temp to have a try at different temp.

Help a brother out
any help welcome lol

So I'm doing this now shaded by that shelve, and fan probe is just going thwt white thermometer the fan is set to 25c so kicks in at 77f drops back to about 75f and repeats outter room air temp is 68-70 it's cold here at moment
I got my idel on just 5% it's a 4" extractor , the idel was off for a few days but I noticed 2 of my clones in the clonner got some what I think is mold on the odd leaf and stem, so must be luck of fresh air air exchange at night as fan does not kick in at night and idel was off so only got air change lights on

View attachment 1093223View attachment 1093224View attachment 1093226View attachment 1093227
time to transplant the one in the last pic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

and I read 20-25c

Help a brother out
any help welcome lol

View attachment 1093223View attachment 1093224View attachment 1093226View attachment 1093227
Have a cheap IR temp gun? Air temps don't matter in a sense. It's the leaf temps and many many things can affect those.... Ideally 75-77f.

Rootzone temps in coco/soil Ideally 75-80f or similar to air temps. They will usually be slightly lower than air temps.

In any hydroponic solution I personally feel 70-74f is ideal. Of course you should also be running a sterile or live solution. I feel this gives adequate DO while keeping metabolism high.

To get true air temp keep the thermometer shaded at canopy level.

Ph 007

Ph 007

time to transplant the one in the last pic.
How do you say that becuase the size of is it? I had 6 total but 4 went into flower then 2 days ago and these 2 are just to play about with experiment, I'm only now getting to coco see I went from using soil for years to coco last year, so I like to keep extra 1-2 Plant to mess about with, a lot of people on here will probably remmwbe the trouble iv had with coco lol, getting to grips with calmag feed strength and watering, all so different from soil it's been a bad year, but last few months I got to grips.wirg coco now, thanks tgthe e the help I had on this site

Ph 007

Ph 007

Have a cheap IR temp gun? Air temps don't matter in a sense. It's the leaf temps and many many things can affect those.... Ideally 75-77f.

Rootzone temps in coco/soil Ideally 75-80f or similar to air temps. They will usually be slightly lower than air temps.

In any hydroponic solution I personally feel 70-74f is ideal. Of course you should also be running a sterile or live solution. I feel this gives adequate DO while keeping metabolism high.

To get true air temp keep the thermometer shaded at canopy level.
I did have IR gun mate, but I dropped it in my water butt didn't I lol and broke,, anyway 2 weeks before it broke I give up reading leaf temp as I was messing about with the room temp settings trying to get leaf temps good, I remember you telling me 75-77 ask a a go and I did try without for a few weeks on 2 rooms veg and flower, but I could keep them steady I seen under Hps 75-82 when I tried to keep.at 75-77 then fan would kick in and they hit 69-70 fan would stop then raise back to 75-78 a few, be honest I was real g for a while aswell to.try to figure out a good range that would be good stay at but again read so muxh different stuff on it
I think from what I workout 75-80 is but u give up readireading leaf temps mate, the main read I give up was becuase like u said I was always messing with room fan settings trying to get 75-77 just didn't workout, I noticed one thing that was messing me up was by the time I open my tent to point the temp gun it the the leqf temp would drop in seconds as I opened my door, I did catch veg leaf temps often at 75-77 and 1 tall plant 1-2 inch away from the t5 was reading 83 lead temp and only just stated to slightly cupmthe looked good , and room temp shaded at canopy level was 75-77 :)

I have run my water temp for years at 20-22c but usually day at 23c 24-7 that's room temp un-shaded 78-80 , so would of probebely read 77-79 shaded as I find my t5 adds 1° from radiant heat the clones would always look amazing and grow very fast nice and green, these fuckers are slow and looking shitty water temp is at 19c,

I'll have to try some them numbers you said for water temp,, and maybe the look shitty as t5 is further away than normal I think, if moved my tent see I was.in a shelf so my head was like level with the bottom of.the tent now on the floor I'm looking down at it now so I can't huge the cap between lih5 and plant like.i hace for.years head hight lol
so maybe even know I now know 75-77 room air temps if fine as you just said, thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did have IR gun mate, but I dropped it in my water butt didn't I lol and broke,, anyway 2 weeks before it broke I give up reading leaf temp as I was messing about with the room temp settings trying to get leaf temps good, I remember you telling me 75-77 ask a a go and I did try without for a few weeks on 2 rooms veg and flower, but I could keep them steady I seen under Hps 75-82 when I tried to keep.at 75-77 then fan would kick in and they hit 69-70 fan would stop then raise back to 75-78 a few, be honest I was real g for a while aswell to.try to figure out a good range that would be good stay at but again read so muxh different stuff on it
I think from what I workout 75-80 is but u give up readireading leaf temps mate, the main read I give up was becuase like u said I was always messing with room fan settings trying to get 75-77 just didn't workout, I noticed one thing that was messing me up was by the time I open my tent to point the temp gun it the the leqf temp would drop in seconds as I opened my door, I did catch veg leaf temps often at 75-77 and 1 tall plant 1-2 inch away from the t5 was reading 83 lead temp and only just stated to slightly cupmthe looked good , and room temp shaded at canopy level was 75-77 :)

I have run my water temp for years at 20-22c but usually day at 23c 24-7 that's room temp un-shaded 78-80 , so would of probebely read 77-79 shaded as I find my t5 adds 1° from radiant heat the clones would always look amazing and grow very fast nice and green, these fuckers are slow and looking shitty water temp is at 19c,

I'll have to try some them numbers you said for water temp,, and maybe the look shitty as t5 is further away than normal I think, if moved my tent see I was.in a shelf so my head was like level with the bottom of.the tent now on the floor I'm looking down at it now so I can't huge the cap between lih5 and plant like.i hace for.years head hight lol
so maybe even know I now know 75-77 room air temps if fine as you just said, thanks
Remember all guidelines... I would say you good if they go up to 80 and down to 70. Not an issue at all I'm pretty sure you average it out and you were bang on.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Have to say I was pretty surprised with my coco grow... start to finish in 1 gal pots.
Ye I remember you saying you water frequently in small pots , last grow was new sealed room wernt it? And led..
What yield did you get per plant in them 5 litre pots? How ofteb did you water in sure you said 5 before,,

I hace 20litre pots coco I was watering to run off rhizo stands once a day lights on for 1 grow then. I did 2-3 grows twice a day , that seemed good, and this grow 3 weeks left i been watering 3 times a day lights on 6 hours later and lights of, I'm sure I'm over doing it but can't over water coco apparently haha, I been meaning to read that post you are few weeks about About watering coco beem flat out tho,..

I not been hitting the yield I expected with coco yet I have been messing about with temps and waterings see last few grows so hard to compare at moment,, I got 4 plants I 20litre pots coco watering 3 timea a day about a a litre watch eatch watering bastards are using about 12-14 litre a day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ye I remember you saying you water frequently in small pots , last grow was new sealed room wernt it? And led..
What yield did you get per plant in them 5 litre pots? How ofteb did you water in sure you said 5 before,,

I hace 20litre pots coco I was watering to run off rhizo stands once a day lights on for 1 grow then. I did 2-3 grows twice a day , that seemed good, and this grow 3 weeks left i been watering 3 times a day lights on 6 hours later and lights of, I'm sure I'm over doing it but can't over water coco apparently haha, I been meaning to read that post you are few weeks about About watering coco beem flat out tho,..

I not been hitting the yield I expected with coco yet I have been messing about with temps and waterings see last few grows so hard to compare at moment,, I got 4 plants I 20litre pots coco watering 3 timea a day about a a litre watch eatch watering bastards are using about 12-14 litre a day
Touch over 2lb dry... not to impressive but not bad. I did a fair amount if self inflicted mistakes. Got some good sized buds in the end. One if those grows you just wanted over with. Most I had to feed was 14x a day. But only 250ml and getting good runoff.

Here is one bud wet then dry of the gelato. These got way over fed and dried out 2 times pretty severe from drunk playing with timers.

20210208 162639
20210126 172634
Ph 007

Ph 007

Touch over 2lb dry... not to impressive but not bad. I did a fair amount if self inflicted mistakes. Got some good sized buds in the end. One if those grows you just wanted over with. Most I had to feed was 14x a day. But only 250ml and getting good runoff.

Here is one bud wet then dry of the gelato. These got way over fed and dried out 2 times pretty severe from drunk playing with timers.
Fucking hell man look that cola lol huge, the buds cover in the tho init.

14 times mad that is but.if they need it they need it, lb lol it's pretty impressive compared me, I been hitting about 15 is dry off 4 plants 1x600 watt hps, but I been fucking about alot aswell, the best I had in coco was my first grow bottom feed I didn't know about calmag back then the yellowed like shit all through flower , didn't know if was under feed over feed so u was feeding 1.6 1 day flush next flush feed flush feed and hut 14 oz of 2 plants under 1x600, hps If been getting same results off 4 then I got if 2 of my first ever grow in coco lol.

I got then quad boars aswell 240 x 2 I did grow summer with them in woik and hit 20 oz off 4 plants but I find i can't run in winter as my rad is on way to much electric .

How many lights and watt and How many plants in what area give 2lb

What do you think about me watering 20litre pots coco drain to wast 3 times a day your think once a day is better, I can't tell the be honest, I think twice seems best so far but I'm still learning the coco game, I do plank to try smaller pots soon but it only be 4 plants so I'm worried the want grow as big and less yield becuase th3 smaller pots

Ph 007

Ph 007

I remeber you said you run kwd 80-82
What do you run night temps at and Humidity?

My led grow in soil my first and only pure led grow was soil
Day temps 82-85
Night was 75-78
Humidity day was only 30-40% leaves looked like shit but very short bushy plants the where very close nodes huge fat as fuck colas fattest iv had but very short,

In summer I plan to try pure led again and day at 80-82 but not sure on night temps see, and Humidity rom vpd says 70-80 crazy hight
I can't get Humidy up see them hot temps.drop.it really low..

My plan is summers run hybrid 250 watt hps and 2x 240 led boards in a 4x4 area, I did 1 grow with thet setup last year and had 17 of 4 plants, lead temps did hit 82 some areas it's probably the 250 watt hps not covering the area very well.

My aim is coco and to get 5oz a plant any more just bonus but 5 is my aim

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Fucking hell man look that cola lol huge, the buds cover in the tho init.

14 times mad that is but.if they need it they need it, lb lol it's pretty impressive compared me, I been hitting about 15 is dry off 4 plants 1x600 watt hps, but I been fucking about alot aswell, the best I had in coco was my first grow bottom feed I didn't know about calmag back then the yellowed like shit all through flower , didn't know if was under feed over feed so u was feeding 1.6 1 day flush next flush feed flush feed and hut 14 oz of 2 plants under 1x600, hps If been getting same results off 4 then I got if 2 of my first ever grow in coco lol.

I got then quad boars aswell 240 x 2 I did grow summer with them in woik and hit 20 oz off 4 plants but I find i can't run in winter as my rad is on way to much electric .

How many lights and watt and How many plants in what area give 2lb

What do you think about me watering 20litre pots coco drain to wast 3 times a day your think once a day is better, I can't tell the be honest, I think twice seems best so far but I'm still learning the coco game, I do plank to try smaller pots soon but it only be 4 plants so I'm worried the want grow as big and less yield becuase th3 smaller pots
Honestly I feed based on my run off like in my post... since it's autofeed it's easy.

Tenks play a huge role so getting up around 80f is important.

That was 4 plants under an HLG 600v1. Got a new light for next grow though and figure with SOG and that I should pull 3lb no problem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I remeber you said you run kwd 80-82
What do you run night temps at and Humidity?

My led grow in soil my first and only pure led grow was soil
Day temps 82-85
Night was 75-78
Humidity day was only 30-40% leaves looked like shit but very short bushy plants the where very close nodes huge fat as fuck colas fattest iv had but very short,

In summer I plan to try pure led again and day at 80-82 but not sure on night temps see, and Humidity rom vpd says 70-80 crazy hight
I can't get Humidy up see them hot temps.drop.it really low..

My plan is summers run hybrid 250 watt hps and 2x 240 led boards in a 4x4 area, I did 1 grow with thet setup last year and had 17 of 4 plants, lead temps did hit 82 some areas it's probably the 250 watt hps not covering the area very well.

My aim is coco and to get 5oz a plant any more just bonus but 5 is my aim
Humidity is different for me cause running co2. But 50-60% would be ideal in those temps. Also not sure your perlite ratio but the more perlite the faster the growth imo cause better air holding capacity but then you need to water more also. Mine were 1 gal pots so no perlite but coco was well rinsed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually night time anywhere from -2 to -10f don't seem to make much difference...

Ph 007

Ph 007

3lb be impressive, 2lb is impressive lol
And off 4 plants.

You got me thinking about a sealed flower room now, lol I have looked into it before , buy sound like it's best with a a.c unit rather than a extractor coming on when needed and Humidity Controll and more..

What do you use for a sealed room yourself?
Like a.c unit , humidifier , how to you introduce c02? Bag or propper c02 set up.

I'm trying to make life easy for growing my plants, stresses me out fucking about with my room all time I use to love it sorta still so but last few months if tried so much stuff it's pissed me off lately with problems and checking ppm the run off topping up water buts everyday , messing about with feed times. Because learning see when you know what's what it's just second nature init,

And my coco iv done a few with pure canna coco and a few with perlite forgot the ratio of it.

Is it safe to say that even straight coco in 20litre pots drain to want can't be ovwr watered even watered 3 times a day?
And perlite just adds the benefit of more oxygen and not prevent over watering, I need to rest that post you write , ill have a no as tmorrow
Do you have the link handy, if not I can dig it out from old posts tomorrow

I'm sure the 4 I have in now 5 weeks into flower are in 100% straight coco being watering 3 times a day

I have notice some leaf twisting , I had it a few times now in coco usually happens flower week onward
I checked run off 3 days ago was on 200ppm more than in

It's a few things i though it might be
But correcting them things didn't work,
I have read it could be lack of calmag but not sure what do you think, it could be, I been thinking lately possibly watering to often, maybe N over does , but run off was just 200ppm more see .
Maybe even to much calmag I add every single watering statt to finish to take my 90ppm tap water to 200ppm then add my feed

Also this run I noticed the white hairs seem to be changing red earlier then normal they 5 weeks 3 days in flower

20210218 185450
20210218 185436
20210218 185443

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bkttled co2 with autopilot controller, 70 pint dehumidifier, 600w heater, 500btu ac, ultrasonic humidifier. Inkbird humidity and temp controllers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have suggested perlite ratios in it.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Bkttled co2 with autopilot controller, 70 pint dehumidifier, 600w heater, 500btu ac, ultrasonic humidifier. Inkbird humidity and temp controllers.
Nice man, id like to run a a.c but uses to much electric and all the stuff you got going lol , perfect conditions then, but I can't be using much more electric :(

I might try dropping me calmah actually beem meaning to last few weeks now I got the hang of things, my tap water is 90ppm I add cal about 4 ml 10ml to 10 litres of water to make my water 200ppm,
I guess you use clean water can't remember the name now lol,
You only go to 90ppm sometimes you said , that what my tap water is see, I wonder if I really need it then, I just.to get bad calmag deficiency see you may remember lol.
But before I started using calmag is feed coco the strength of feed my soil and thst is start on 0.8e.c
Since using calmag i start clones on 1.2-1.3e.c thats with 0.4 calmag included, I never tried just a&b no calmag and statt the a&b on 1.3,
if your getting me

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm about to check thst link of your post you write a while back, I been meaning to for weeks now lol

And thanks again for the help mate

Top Bottom