Anyone know what deficiency this is

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi all ,

anyone know what these brown spots may be on the plant . It’s only on one of them which is strange . Also does the bigger one look normal ? The leaves are twisting

I am using green planet pro cal at 1.25ml a litre so makes me think it’s not cal mag issue

Anyone know what deficiency this is
Anyone know what deficiency this is 2
Anyone know what deficiency this is 3
Anyone know what deficiency this is 4
Anyone know what deficiency this is 5
Anyone know what deficiency this is 6
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like possible signs of overwatering.

Anyone else want to offer their opinion on this, I'm interested in what others have to say here.

What's you humidity, temps been like? Also, have you been allowing the pots to dry out almost fully before re saturating the media.
How are you performing your watering cycles?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Looks like possible signs of overwatering.

Anyone else want to offer their opinion on this, I'm interested in what others have to say here.

What's you humidity, temps been like? Also, have you been allowing the pots to dry out almost fully before re saturating the media.
How are you performing your watering cycles?
Hey frankster , my temps are 20-24 degrees calculus with around 60% humid . I am watering daily and saturating till I get run off . I don’t let them dry out as I the median is coco

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I cannot find anything online which shows the leaves twisting up like this
Except right here on THCFarmer. It seems like I've seen a lot of young plants in coco, with these odd leaves. I have no idea what does it. Maybe someone who uses coco can throw in their 2 cents.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hey frankster , my temps are 20-24 degrees calculus with around 60% humid . I am watering daily and saturating till I get run off . I don’t let them dry out as I the median is coco
Yea, that said, sometimes once daily is too much. I'm not saying let the get dry to the point that the leaves wilt, but it is important to let them get dry enough that most of the water weight is out of them...

Right now with my coco, it's been transferred into bigger pots, so the roots aren't really soaking up as much as they were before in the smaller pots. Instead of less than once daily (could go twice daily before), to once every 2 day now....

But as they fill out again, it will go back to once daily...

They need that wet dry cycle, or the roots don't develop extensive fungal growth. I might try checking pH also, that could be a factor here too. Something's up, just need to nail down the what exactly.

Here's the coco pots doing once every two days right now... 2 girls in each pot, in 2 gal pots.
dialing in that coco moisture precisely can vary some depending on pot size, and plant size. We can't let the schedule dictate watering needs, let the plant tell you when it needs moisture.

IMG 20210714 072751
IMG 20210714 072850
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yea, that said, sometimes once daily is too much. I'm not saying let the get dry to the point that the leaves wilt, but it is important to let them get dry enough that most of the water weight is out of them...

Right now with my coco, it's been transferred into bigger pots, so the roots aren't really soaking up as much as they were before in the smaller pots. Instead of less than once daily (could go twice daily before), to once every 2 day now....

But as they fill out again, it will go back to once daily...

They need that wet dry cycle, or the roots don't develop extensive fungal growth. I might try checking pH also, that could be a factor here too. Something's up, just need to nail down the what exactly.

Here's the coco pots doing once every two days right now... 2 girls in each pot, in 2 gal pots.
dialing in that coco moisture precisely can vary some depending on pot size, and plant size. We can't let the schedule dictate watering needs, let the plant tell you when it needs moisture.
Thankyou frankster , im thinking you are on point here - i will miss a day watering as yes i only just transplaneted them up and thought i did put a lot of water through. like you said ill water every 2 days now until the roots take to the new pot

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Short fat pots are not really good for young plants.

They look heat and light stressed.

For some reason I'm seeing a massive amount of newer growers blasting plants with lights and causing tons of issues. Young plants cannot handle this.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

For some reason I'm seeing a massive amount of newer growers blasting plants with lights and causing tons of issues. Young plants cannot handle this.
Couldn’t be heat stressed as temps don’t go over 25 degrees Celsius. Probably intensity on the light . I’ve backed it to 60%

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's them new fangled LEDs!

I fried the hell out of my plants when I first switched. Fried them halfway to hell the second grow. I might have finally gotten the idea of ramping up slowly now, but I still wouldn't be surprised if I push a little too far.

Toked323

Toked323

Hi all ,

anyone know what these brown spots may be on the plant . It’s only on one of them which is strange . Also does the bigger one look normal ? The leaves are twisting

I am using green planet pro cal at 1.25ml a litre so makes me think it’s not cal mag issue
Too much water either let it dry don’t saturate daily only water once medium is dry or close to dry. Next best which is what I do I just transplant it into new dry soil and don’t waste time. You’d be surprised the problems of over watering can cause

Latest posts

Top Bottom