Anyone know what this Deficiency is?

• Thread starter Thegreywizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So overall the plant has been doing pretty good, think I’m on week 3

this new deficiency just started, but only on the lower 2 leafs.

Anyone know what it is?

The smaller plant is just having the two bottom leaves start to yellow, while the bigger one is really showing signs of something.

Both of these seeds were planted at the same time, not sure why one is such a runt.

i actually germinated 8 seeds, but only 2 made it, with 1 being a beast that I’ll probably just turn into a mother and start cloning.

Anyone know what this deficiency is
Anyone know what this deficiency is 2
Anyone know what this deficiency is 3
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

I have been cranking them on 24 hours this entire time lol

I just have a 100w pigtail about 6-8” above them

but they seemed to be doing alright up until today.

I’ll be going into DWC next

I guess since it’s not a nutrient deficiency, I’ll raise the light a bit and see if it goes away.

Or should I just start cutting back to 18/6?

trying to get the one big enough to take some clones from in a couple weeks

All of the new growth looks really good though

elduderito

elduderito

I'd raise the light - they still look quite pale... my guess is they were a bit stunted from the bright light early on... seedlings don't need much light at all ... how much root development do they have? I'm not a hydro guy so not sure if they'd be ready to go into your system...

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

I know they’ve got a little bit yet till I can put them in DWC.

here’s a better pic with the light higher and washing them out, you still think they’re pale?

I started nutes almost a week ago

1E35E151 A3B5 4FF8 854C 8F3A9578F97F
E715AACB 3F67 4A14 AA3B 9584DCFE5167
86502CCA 76FF 45F0 919C 02163FDD063E
elduderito

elduderito

ya still pale to me... - tey can still bounce back but they've taken a little shock

this is what my seedlings looked like in week 3

20210630 113845

different plants - week 2
20210108 121226

Habosabin

Habosabin

This is calmag imo. I had this on mine. The brown mottling. Mine were on the same leaves as well. Could be combo lights to bright and calmag . you didn't say what you are feeding them.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ok it's been 3 months and while they struggled for a couple of them, these last 3-4 weeks things have really exploded!

I cooled my juice down to around 1600ppms and got a better light. I was using just a 24" 4 bulb T5 and now I have a 10 bar Photontek at 25% of the 1000w it can do.

But I did a water change a couple of days ago and now starting to see a slightly different deficiency.

Now a few of the bigger fan leaves on top are starting to curl and slightly discolor.

But they’re also growing fast and tall and got closer to the light. So I’m not sure if the nutrients are just a little too hot or the lights were getting too close?

My PPMs are 1650 and 220 of that are from my tap water. I’ve been running them right around this for the last few weeks and they’ve been responding great.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So I seem to still be having some issues even after a water change.

What is going on with the tips, is it nutrient burn or light burn?

I'm only running my PPMs at like 1500 and 250 of that is tap water and another 250 misc from fulvic and amino acids.

Anyone have an idea on what's going on here?

Overall the plant seems pretty healthy and growing like crazy. This is only on a few of the fan leaves.

My PPFD is only 275 at the top tips of these plants.

IMG 7386

IMG 7389

IMG 7390

IMG 7391

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

That's a really great diagram, but I wish it was more in focus and detailed.

Which one do you think that deficiency matched?

That one seemed to have passed and now I've been struggling with 1 big plant having major stress issues. I'm not really sure what it is.

I'm running the same strain, in the same large tub for DWC.

I've tried lowering my solution and also removing bars from my light to reduce light stress.

But it hasn't seemed to fully go away half-way through flower. Luckily I at least have it under control so that the bud is growing green, but since it's stressed, it's no where near as productive as it's sister.

Here's a couple pics of my grow, showing off a great, healthy plant and it's struggling sister:

IMG 7843
IMG 7844

IMG 7847
IMG 7845

This is how it looked a couple of weeks ago. Between adjusting a few things and removing the shitty leaves, I've been able to resurrect it a bit lol. But it's still stressed and not producing to it's fullest potential.
IMG 7742

This is how the good side is looking right now:

IMG 7879
IMG 7884
IMG 7882

Top Bottom