Anyone know what this is

• Thread starter Nugbutabi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nugbutabi

Anyone know why this is happening 2.5 ec feed straight coco house and garden coco a and b no cal/mag supplement not the lights not the environment not bugs and not ph feeding at 5.8 coming out at 6.0 some sort of nutrient issue can’t tell if it’s lock out or lack of just switched to house and garden and been having this issue with a few plants that twist on the leaf on a biscotti sundae and the tacoing and very light leaves close to the petioles and little crinkling going on never had this issue some purpling in the stems it’s been driving me crazy I lowered the feed to 1.8 and tossed in some calmag see if that’s straightens it out just didn’t want to feed it with extra anything incase I’m causing more build up

Anyone know what this is
Anyone know what this is 2
N

Nugbutabi

Yeah cannarado. 81degrees 75% I never had an issue running higher ecs never ran H&G before but usually I’m running at 3.0 ec before they go into flower esp if they are a little bigger, I was mothering these out. i tapered the feed down to 1.8 see if that corrects it at all…but never saw that twist happen or the leaf tacoing and just the overall health of plants in veg

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Have you tried flushing it 3x the pot size to wash out the built up salt and feeding it at 1.8ec?
reduce the light intensity for now until we figure what it is. @tobh are you here?

also, just so we know exactly everything from your side can you copy/past the questions here and answer them.🍻

tobh

tobh

Supporter
looks like a bit of heat stress and calcium deficiency. calcium def will cause leaf twisting like that, and high intensity lighting will do the same. The other plant in the first pic is showing some clawing from N toxicity. Neither symptom (clawing/twisting) will recover once the root cause is corrected. Don't dump calmag in there, gotta find a calcium additive. Also, the EC is a bit high imo. Ideally OP would be feeding around 1.8 - 2.0 EC.

@Dirtbag uses one, I forget what it is, but imo it's best to keep cal and mag separate since they really aren't in the "relationship" a lot of people think they are, and it makes it easier to fix issues like this.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
@Dirtbag uses one, I forget what it is, but imo it's best to keep cal and mag separate since they really aren't in the "relationship" a lot of people think they are, and it makes it easier to fix issues like this.
If memory serves me correct, i think he uses water soluble calcium silicate. Not the easiest stuff to find.

N

Nugbutabi

Thanks guys i have a cal additive with no nítrate in it gonna flush these out with lower ec feed and add some go from there I’ll keep you posted appreciate the input

Silk689

Silk689

Hey bro, that EC level of 2.5 is way too high. Whats the EC runoff coming out? Have u tested at all? Also the humidity is also too high. Optimal is between 40-60. (50% obv being the sweet spot)!! This is prob what is affecting your leaves as the poor plant cant make the water evaporate or even take nutrients from the coco.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Nugbutabi how you get those seeds? I've been looking for them😍

Silk689

Silk689

i don't think 75% at 82f is bad at all. i would run it a bit hotter at 85f once their re-copped, specially under led's
View attachment 1220984
Your forgetting 1 thing my good sir lol. That chart is relating to VPD leaf temperature. We do not know what OP’s leaf temperature is?? We only know his room T&H.. which can be completely different to the leaf temps and in turn throw those chart numbers off.. 😁.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Your forgetting 1 thing my good sir lol. That chart is relating to VPD leaf temperature. We do not know what OP’s leaf temperature is?? We only know his room T&H.. which can be completely different to the leaf temps and in turn throw those chart numbers off.. 😁.
right, but get the room to those temps and with the air circulation the leaf temp would be on point or a degree different. However, im not sure if 60% at 82f would be ideal for veg stage.
intensity of the light has a impact on temps

Silk689

Silk689

right, but get the room to those temps and with the air circulation the leaf temp would be on point or a degree different. However, im not sure if 60% at 82f would be ideal for veg stage.
intensity of the light has a impact on temps
Exactly this my bro. We dont know what his photosynthetic active radiation is and wether its in that sweet spot of between 300-400 par at the current stage his plant is in. So many factors you have to calculate when taking into account DLI & VPD for that perfect environment 🙈 lol..

Reactions: PK1
N

Nugbutabi

i don't think 75% at 82f is bad at all. i would run it a bit hotter at 85f once their re-copped, specially under led's
Exactly this my bro. We dont know what his photosynthetic active radiation is and wether its in that sweet spot of between 300-400 par at the current stage his plant is in. So many factors you have to calculate when taking into account DLI & VPD for that perfect environment 🙈 lol..
Leaf temps are at 85 and ppfd is on point for veg the rh and the temps are fine i raised my vpd a little to make my plants transpire more to help with uptake of calcium I think it was a few different issues what caused this long story short but switching nutrients and running them to hot not understanding the ratios of what was in what and juicing the plants ….. cal nítrate didn’t help with buildup of nitrogen appreciate everyone’s input and help

Reactions: PK1
Silk689

Silk689

Leaf temps are at 85 and ppfd is on point for veg the rh and the temps are fine i raised my vpd a little to make my plants transpire more to help with uptake of calcium I think it was a few different issues what caused this long story short but switching nutrients and running them to hot not understanding the ratios of what was in what and juicing the plants ….. cal nítrate didn’t help with buildup of nitrogen appreciate everyone’s input and help
Do you have the EC runoff reading? My suspicion is because you fed such a high EC initially of 2.5 there is now “salt build up” in the rhizosphere. But we will only know this with that Runoff test 👍🏽

Silk689

Silk689

Also just for future reference you dont need to raise your VPD to absorb Calcium, you could of just increased your ph level to 6.5 to stop any possible nute lockout. Let me send u a chart ⬇️ 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom