Anyone know why this is happening?

• Thread starter MCsumz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MCsumz

Seems like the new growth is more rounded, I mean the serration of the leaves are not quite normal IMO. Could this be heat stress..?

Anyone know why this is happening

M

MCsumz

I see early signs of over watering. I mean very early just a little swelling of the leaves. Its just a baby let it grow out a bit sometimes they look a little odd at first.
Ahh thank you very much for the invaluable input! Could you please also give me some advice regarding watering? This is a new setup and I still have to experiment a lot. This is a 12 liter round pot with Coco coir (~ 30 % perlite mixed in), I have been watering with 500 ml 1/4 nute solution every day once and I have also been suspecting, that its too much water, because I get a littlebit of runoff, which I also know is unlikely to be optimal with such a big pot and small plant.. I've cut that to 400 ml today actually, still getting runoff. Should I try to water every two days or so? Or just with less everyday? Sorry I'm a bit worried, anyways any input is appreciated!

Seraphine

Seraphine

You need just enough water to saturate the roots. Tiny seedlings in big pots can be a challenge for that exact reason. Try giving half the amount of water and add a fan a blowing gently across the soil to help dry it out. The fan with strengthen the stem too.

M

MCsumz

You need just enough water to saturate the roots. Tiny seedlings in big pots can be a challenge for that exact reason. Try giving half the amount of water and add a fan a blowing gently across the soil to help dry it out. The fan with strengthen the stem too.
Okay, thanks for the answer! I already have a fan blowing through the lamp and the seedling and actually the stem is quite tough already for a little seedling like this! 👌 I understand, then I am going to experiment with the watering a bit, I am definitely going to water with half the amount and also wait for the Coco to dry out a bit. I was thinking once every two days with ~ 250 ml and then observe. Umm it is not entirely necessary to water Coco every single day, until the roots are properly saturated, right? Or do you think, it would be better to water every single day, just with smaller amounts? Should I treat Coco as soil, just a bit easier to handle then? 🙂

Thanks in advance! It's funny that this still poses such a challenge! 😄

Seraphine

Seraphine

Okay, thanks for the answer! I already have a fan blowing through the lamp and the seedling and actually the stem is quite tough already for a little seedling like this! 👌 I understand, then I am going to experiment with the watering a bit, I am definitely going to water with half the amount and also wait for the Coco to dry out a bit. I was thinking once every two days with ~ 250 ml and then observe. Umm it is not entirely necessary to water Coco every single day, until the roots are properly saturated, right? Or do you think, it would be better to water every single day, just with smaller amounts? Should I treat Coco as soil, just a bit easier to handle then? 🙂

Thanks in advance! It's funny that this still poses such a challenge! 😄
Just reduce the quantity of water per day to let the coco dry some. If that doesn’t work then try skipping a day. Experiment to find out what works for that plant.

M

MCsumz

Umm there is also something that interests me.. so this is a White Widow (This pic is from day 8) feminized seedling and although doing fine, and I also know that genetics play a very big role in growth and everything, but I actually had another strain (Special Queen), that was at least twice the size at this age and in soil!! (I have a pic in case anyone is interested) Of course.. I didn't have watering problems with that, as I have more experience with that strain and soil, but I find this kind of ridiculous as even the setup I have now is much better that that was. How can this be? I can't believe that overwatering could have stunned the growth this much. And this is Coco, what?? It should be growing faster I thought. So like, does genetics really play such a big role in plant development? Is White Widow generally a slower/smaller growing strain?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom