Anyone make tinchures

• Thread starter cruzin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cruzin

cruzin

I did take it to the limit. Yesterday about noon I finished up the work by evaporating all the rest of the alcohol and sucking up the oil in these plastic syringes after I got done filling them there was a small amount around the tip of the syringe so I cleaned that off and put it under my tongue 3 times cause thats how many I filled actually I got 2 1/2 full ones. But I cleaned up all 3 and went about my business and 2 hours later I was almost tripping. I really overdosed. I dont ever recall being that high from marijuana. What I did with 15 grams of weed would probably last me a year or so. I cant believe how strong it is.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Dont know what happened to my first try. It looked like just a yellow gold liquid, Its in a pint jar about 1/2 full, I put the jar with open top in a pan of water and brought it up to a small boil. And now it looks like coffee with cream in it. And it has the globuals of oils laying all over the bottom what does not mix in with the tintchure. See the picture of holding jar up looking at the bottom you can see the brown stuff its oil that has seperated from the tintchure. Maybe if I let it set over night it will change.
Any opinions on what Ive done wrong?

Sounds like you forgot to freeze the plant material AND alcohol for 24 hours before the wash. Also, how long was the wash? Longer than 3 minutes and you will have cell wall breakdown, which will release the Chloroform (the green stuff), the fats & lipids, etc., which can be removed via filtering before putting it in the Source Turbo.

🍻

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sounds like you forgot to freeze the plant material AND alcohol for 24 hours before the wash. Also, how long was the wash? Longer than 3 minutes and you will have cell wall breakdown, which will release the Chloroform (the green stuff) which can be removed via filtering before putting it in the Source Turbo.

🍻

Lol at “chloroform”. Thats what serial killers put on a rag and hold over the victims mouth. ;-)

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

I've done a bottle of Everclear, and probably 10oz of leaves and twigs. I don't recommend my hair brained attempt to salvage every bit I could. It was emerald green when I was done, and tasted absolutely horrific. Having said that, one shot would do ya. Two and don't plan anything until tomorrow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've done a bottle of Everclear, and probably 10oz of leaves and twigs. I don't recommend my hair brained attempt to salvage every bit I could. It was emerald green when I was done, and tasted absolutely horrific. Having said that, one shot would do ya. Two and don't plan anything until tomorrow.

Lol. Thats why they called it Green Dragon. :-)

Lisa22

Lisa22

I have the magical butter machine...that’s the way to go. you can use everclear or glycerin. I did it for awhile but then I decided to just decarb, grind it up, and put it in capsules. Less work, works GREAT. Got an All-in capsule machine off Amazon for less than .
https://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Capsules-Easier-Faster/dp/B07CX5VWYS
This is really interesting. I am going to try this. I have a butter machine but find that the glycerin tinctures are too sweet and high in calories - also I have to take more to get the same affect then one made with alcohol. The alcohol tincture burns my mouth. I do burn off the alcohol in an electric fry pan - on and off low while stirring with good venting. Reduce to about half but still not crazy about the burn. What do you think the dosage of 1 pill is? They say a dropper is 5ml - do you think the pill gives you about that? How many pills to you use compared to when you were doing the tincture?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Everyone must have known what you meant. But it was still funny. :-)

I have to admit that i did too when i first read your post. Followed quickly by "oh f*". Truly a dumb-ass moment. Over the years i have learned to laugh at myself, otherwise i would have gone insane by now.

I smoke way too much to not make mistakes...

Custom99

Custom99

I make my own. I have been doing the decarboxylation in my toaster oven. I use the everclear. It was strong in the beginning for me as far as the alcohol burn but i am used to it now. I use the method of putting the decarbed bud in a ball mason jar with the everclear. I cook in a water bath for 50 minutes at 165 degrees. It works out great. Made my first gummies with the tincture a couple of days ago and loving them. The family got me an Ardent Nova for Xmas. I tried a small batch yesterday as far as decarboxylation and totally love it compared to the oven method.

quirk

quirk

I make my own. I have been doing the decarboxylation in my toaster oven. I use the everclear. It was strong in the beginning for me as far as the alcohol burn but i am used to it now. I use the method of putting the decarbed bud in a ball mason jar with the everclear. I cook in a water bath for 50 minutes at 165 degrees. It works out great. Made my first gummies with the tincture a couple of days ago and loving them. The family got me an Ardent Nova for Xmas. I tried a small batch yesterday as far as decarboxylation and totally love it compared to the oven method.

An Ardent Nova under the Christmas tree. Now that's a Christmas present!

Latest posts

Top Bottom