Anyone Race Auto's? 1/4mile Or Track?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Something I would like to get into. Looking for some good tracks in BC and I would like to get a 10 sec 1/4 mile then an 8 sec and end goal around 6 sec. So I would like to figure out what car to go with.I like the challenger hemi, Nissan gtr. Which ever car get the green light will need a lot of work. Don't want NOS. I would like to go with as much motor power as possible then turbos are first. twin turbo is best then look into what I need. Also has to be somewhat more reliable. To be considered when adding power or other options.

Next would be a good track car. Just has to be reliable. Just decent handling and 4cyl to start. carrying speed more important. Also cheaper in case of crash. crash this first rather then getting the better car and crashing that. Looking for a used honda civic or along those lines. Looking for around 200-300hp, maybe a few engine mods and sway bar, stabilizers, rims n tires, suspension and Brakes etc. Maybe a turbo upgrade to improve power.

I'm also still considering building a Go-kart track 1/2 mile + in distance. I would like the track that I build to have 5 or 6 possible courses for different options. With 3 or 4 good go-karts. No idea where I should look for a good one.

Last is looking for a car or go kart racing course. It's best to learn from the pros.
Suggestions for schools to look at?

T

The Weave

If you want a road course car I would start with a miata, cheap and fun. Look for local events with Scca or Nasa, they put an instructor in the car with you and show you the ropes. As far as drag racing find a camero or firebird with a LS engine and spray the hell out of it, 10's should be easy with the right converter and tune.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I know a couple guys who race the Toyota Celicas on road courses.
They are good , cheap cars to start with.
STR8

Top Bottom