• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think 12/8 is a good idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

So was thinking of running 12 hours on and 8 hours off, get more growing in less time vs 12/12, save money on food and electricity, maybe an extra crop each year? What you got to say? :D

Tank333

Tank333

I don't think it would work. As I understand the flowering cycle, it depends on the long darkness to trigger the flowering cycle.

If you want to save on electricity I would look into running the gas lantern technique for veg and diminished light for flowering. That'll save you something like 25% on total kw/h for your girls...I'm running a ten hour flower cycle, and I'm liking the results at 22 days in.

green punk

green punk

I saw an article in some weed rag that was about 24 on 12 off. Claimed to shorten flower time by up to a week for every month of flowering time.

I always wondered could you get away with 8 on 8 off and pull off a decent crop.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

its the amount of dark hours that trigger the flower, not the amount of light hours...

a mj plant needs anywhere from 11-14 hours darkness(depending on strain) to build up enough auxins to trigger flower...if you want to try something try 6hrs on 12 hrs off...but i would still recommend not doing it and just growing 12/12

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I saw an article in some weed rag that was about 24 on 12 off. Claimed to shorten flower time by up to a week for every month of flowering time.

I always wondered could you get away with 8 on 8 off and pull off a decent crop.
because my rooms are on a flip, sometimes when i veg in one room @ 16/8, then start to flower plants in the other room @ 8/16 and then 12/12 for both rooms about 2 weeks in...this has happened 3 times due to circumstances...no ill effects, but no possitive ones either

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I've heard of 8 on and 12 off.... but not the other way around. I'm relativity positive that the dark period is more important(to maintain a flowering state and to keep things from herming) than the length of the days. I think you could shorten your days with no ill effects(probably no positive ones either), but I wouldn't mess with the dark period... also think about that fact that your plant makes its food with the light so deceasing it could actually slow the process even tho you can get more "days" in than you would in a month, they still are photosynthesizing less each "day"... you might find its all relative or you might save a couple bucks either way keep us posted

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
12 off for flowers.
I did see that logic had posted up some recipe for maximizing light during flower... I'll try and go find a link

chikken

chikken

fuck with it if you want, you just can't beat 12/12. that works

J

Jalisco Kid

And you saw that thread went nowhere. Lowering lights on time will take away the plants energy to produce. I use 13/11 on real indicas and get bigger bud. There is not much to gain and little wiggle room. JK

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I've ran 10 on/14 off had close to the same results ad 12/12. Mr. Dj short once stated he ran veg 14/10 and flower 10/14. There is a trick for veg to make that work. I tried it but would rather run 16/8 in veg. Never heard of running 12/8 for a successful flower light schedule. I don't think it would work

Alreadyalpha

Alreadyalpha

So was thinking of running 12 hours on and 8 hours off, get more growing in less time vs 12/12, save money on food and electricity, maybe an extra crop each year? What you got to say? :D
Ummm there’s 24 hours in a day not sure how this is possible lmao funny how no one said anything

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Ummm there’s 24 hours in a day not sure how this is possible lmao funny how no one said anything
Holy shit everybody, we have a day length scientist here! 24 hours in a day? How do you know that? Show me the scientific paper that you read that states that there are 24 hours in a day. Give me any experiments that you have conducted to come to this conclusion. Did you really just go through the process of registering an account to resurrect a 6 year old thread just to show everyone that you know how long days are?! I fucking love this forum. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Alreadyalpha

Alreadyalpha

Holy shit everybody, we have a day length scientist here! 24 hours in a day? How do you know that? Show me the scientific paper that you read that states that there are 24 hours in a day. Give me any experiments that you have conducted to come to this conclusion. Did you really just go through the process of registering an account to resurrect a 6 year old thread just to show everyone that you know how long days are?! I fucking love this forum. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Nigga get the fuck on somewhere who are YOUU talking like a bitch on a grow forum lmao shits funny cuz niggas tryna sound factual forgetting obvious shit, I made a comment who gives a fuck smd nigga👍

Alreadyalpha

Alreadyalpha

Woah. Simmer
Down tough guy. You won’t be here long.
Could give two fucks to be here lmao made an account for just to comment I couldn’t ever get anything out of this shitty website I don’t already know/educated myself upon, already unsubscribed as of now to not here anymore of some random pussy niggas replying to me like yourself lol if I wanted I’d just make a new account too retard fck on somewhere report me, and tickle my nutsack while your at it

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Nigga get the fuck on somewhere who are YOUU talking like a bitch on a grow forum lmao shits funny cuz niggas tryna sound factual forgetting obvious shit, I made a comment who gives a fuck smd nigga👍
I was just busting your balls, but your reaction made me laugh even harder than I expected haha. You're all of 14 years old, right? Your mother probably needs to wash your mouth out with soap. I would say that your father should make you go pick out a switch, but you wouldn't talk like that if there was a father in the picture at all. Welcome to the internet kid. Get some thicker skin at least. Positive vibes...
Woah. Simmer
Down tough guy. You won’t be here long.
This kid scared the shit out of me. I unplugged my internet just to be safe. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom