Anyone tried this Trichome separator machine?

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

I ran across this the other day, and since I have a seed crop ready to de-seed, I thought this looked interesting for seperating the trichomes from the plant material after de-seeding and carding it through a 160 micron screen. Here is the link, and it starts off like this: https://patents.google.com/patent/US9718065B1/

Method of plant resin separation and extraction​

Abstract​

A process for trichome separation from plant matter deploys water slurry agitation and/or dry sieving to produce a mixture of solid trichomes and similar sized plant debris. The plant debris in each separate fraction is then removed by gravity filtration in a dense inert liquid, which is preferably a salt or brine solution. The desirable trichomes or trichome glands float on the dense liquid, while the undesirable vegetative matter sinks to the bottom of the brine containing vessel. The trichomes are readily removed and washed before further processing.

Anyone tried this???
After reading the artical, can anyone tell me how many grams of the Magnesium sulfate/Sodium chloride mix to add per liter of distilled/purified water to get to the minimum 1.08 gr per cc density it talks about?

Thanks for your thoughts, experiance, and advice to a newby here,
N2

See the seeds...? :)

Finnish

steamroller

steamroller

1/3 cup of the mix per gallon will yield a SG of aprox 1.08.
A little more/ less like a tablespoon should not matter much IMO .
I figured this knowing salt water [reef tanks ] run at 1.024.
The directions on most salt mixes say 2 1/2 cups for 5 gallons.
Interesting floating the trichomes .
The more salt the denser the water .

I

IamN2pot

1/3 cup of the mix per gallon will yield a SG of aprox 1.08.
A little more/ less like a tablespoon should not matter much IMO .
I figured this knowing salt water [reef tanks ] run at 1.024.
The directions on most salt mixes say 2 1/2 cups for 5 gallons.
Interesting floating the trichomes .
The more salt the denser the water .
Thanks. I hope it works. I'm not sure how else one would remove large amounts of green material from the seived trichomes, without solvents, after crumbling up the buds to get the seeds out. I also have bubble bags and a 5gal washing machine, but I'm thinking there will be far to much green mixed in for my liking.

Top Bottom