Anyone Try De Bulbs With Their Uc?

• Thread starter UrsaMajor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UrsaMajor

I have never used DE bulbs before. I was thinking about using them with my new 16xxl13 because everything I read says DE is better.

Would it be a good idea to run 16, 600W DE hps bulbs over 16 600w SE hps bulbs?

Thanks for all responses.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have ran de bulbs and loved them and would recommend them over the UC for sure. Imo 10ft ceilings for 1000 watt bulbs for best results. I haven't ran 600s but 8ft ceilings might be fine, I'd check with the company or maybe other farmers that have used 600s will chime in. Also the footprint for the de bulbs are different than standard hps bulbs, check out your lighting layout before purchasing, you light your grow area instead of a standard 4×4 area. You might not need as many as you thought..

U

UrsaMajor

But would I get the same light intensity near the buds if my lights were 10 feet up?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yes you will get the same penetration. Gavitas and similar Lighting systems operate differently than standard bulbs and setups. For example when running 1000 watt Gavitas over my plants I keep them 36 inches minimum from the top of my canopy. It's a different lighting game when running the gavitas as you want to light your whole room, not a 4 by 4 area per bulb. If you run gavita and you go to their website they have a calculator guide and a help worksheet that you can fill out and they will get back to you and help you figure out the best lighting for your room. The layouts they recommend are much different then when using standard hps/MH lighting setups.

Last edited:
palm eezy

palm eezy

What about running DE's on rails? Anyone have experience there?

P

PoseidonXtrx

10' ceilings with 1000w DE here, wouldn't ever go back to SEs.
600s should be fine with 8' ceilings. Just be proactive about training the plants in order to leave ample head space. You can get them closer but expect some stress.

U

UrsaMajor

Do you usually start with your DE reflector lower and raise it up as your plants grow or do you just keep it at the top from the start?

P

PoseidonXtrx

Do you usually start with your DE reflector lower and raise it up as your plants grow or do you just keep it at the top from the start?
I keep mine at the top. No need to lower, they are intense lights.

Top Bottom